The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

As much as I LOVE the internet... and have always been techy, I see the drawbacks of society spending all day on it, and failing to learn basic life skills.

Not having to watch commercials is a really nice part of modern society! But you did have to watch whatever was on, and if you didn't like it, you found something better to do.... talk to your friends on the phone, listen to the radio, make mixed tapes, go ride you bike outside and see what your friends were doing... it was a whole different lifetime!
I loved making mix tapes.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
As much as I LOVE the internet... and have always been techy, I see the drawbacks of society spending all day on it, and failing to learn basic life skills.

Not having to watch commercials is a really nice part of modern society! But you did have to watch whatever was on, and if you didn't like it, you found something better to do.... talk to your friends on the phone, listen to the radio, make mixed tapes, go ride you bike outside and see what your friends were doing... it was a whole different lifetime!
You might need to bring @StarWarsGirl up to speed on a mix tape ...

MinnieM123

Premium Member

And I think we also need to mention to @StarWarsGirl , that there were way fewer commercial interruptions years ago. Now, you're lucky if you can watch something for a whole 5 minutes without some stupid commercial. :facepalm:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

The commercials also served as very important breaks from the TV. Rush to get the laundry into the dryer. Need to potty, wait till the next commercial break. Need a workout routine, sit ups until your show is back on!!

How did you manage to learn basic life skills without the internet? 😂😂😂

Girl. We didn't. Not having YouTube to teach us contouring is basically the "I walked uphill in the snow barefoot both ways" of my generation
kids-playing-with-makeup-in-the-90s-kids-playing-with-4884743.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom