News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

yensidtlaw1969

I suppose now is as good a time as any to upload a couple pictures I took back on October 22nd of the construction as viewed from the Barnstormer queue. I knew the show building would be visible from there but I was stunned by how visible - I didn't go in any way out of the way to get these shots, these were taken as we were simply walking through the queue onto the ride. I'll be VERY interested to see what steps (if any) Disney takes to mitigate this view - it's extremely visible:

Magic Feather

I just hope Oogie's large behind can sit comfortably on it. He hasn't exactly been able to boogie off the extra baby weight from his wife's pregnancy.
Wasn’t the story when FOP opened that the restraints were modified versions of Tron, I hope that if you fit on one you’ll fit on the other.
Unfortunately, TRON’s seats are not super accomadating. A few larger friends that went to Shanghai couldn’t ride on the bikes. However, almost every train has alternative (traditional) seating in the back.

JoeCamel

And you'll never find one, because the Chinese government won't allow any to be posted on the Internetz. Even they understand the importance of unspoiled sightlines... or the appearance that they exist.
I have a hard time believing all the bloggers that made the trek over didn't bring back their pictures and post them here.

_caleb

Seems strange, doesn't it? Talk to @_caleb since he's the one looking for them.
The only clear photos I've seen of the TRON show building (not obscured by the canopy) are these constructions photos from Theme Park Guy, taken before the canopy was complete:

Seems very strange to me that there aren't more photos of it online!

Again, I'm just trying to imagine what the building will look like in MK's Tomorrowland. Obviously, Imagineers did a good job of hiding the Big Blue Box in Shanghai- the angle from guest view, the grade of the area around the ride, etc. I know the canopy doesn't wrap around the building and that the Box will be very visible from outside the park and from the Barnstormer, but I'm still hopeful the Box will at least be hidden from visibility within Tomorrowland.

tparris

I suppose now is as good a time as any to upload a couple pictures I took back on October 22nd of the construction as viewed from the Barnstormer queue. I knew the show building would be visible from there but I was stunned by how visible - I didn't go in any way out of the way to get these shots, these were taken as we were simply walking through the queue onto the ride. I'll be VERY interested to see what steps (if any) Disney takes to mitigate this view - it's extremely visible:

View attachment 422894

View attachment 422897

View attachment 422898
That’s also without the canopy. The building will still be slightly visible in the end, but the canopy should take up most of the view.

WDW Pro

View attachment 422894

View attachment 422897

View attachment 422898

There are plans to hide the show building from this angle. Upcoming additions to landscaping will hide it very well, although it may be slightly visible from near the entrance to The Little Mermaid.

KBLovedDisney

I was meaning see it more from outside it such as from the speedway or peoplemover, I think much of it will be covered from those angles? The whole thing should look splendid anyhow, it's just that curve looks very attractive (that probably says more about me to be honest though)

Edit: On second thoughts those two mounds .................................................... (I need to seek help obviously)

img_4748-jpg.421411
I'd say it's about a C or even perhaps a Double D. Definitely not an A ;)

Timothy_Q

There are plans to hide the show building from this angle. Upcoming additions to landscaping will hide it very well, although it may be slightly visible from near the entrance to The Little Mermaid.
Oh that's great to hear

Are they planning on putting trees along the SBC path to TL?

yensidtlaw1969

That’s also without the canopy. The building will still be slightly visible in the end, but the canopy should take up most of the view.
The canopy does not wrap the building or touch that corner...

Indeed - here's a pic from Shanghai construction that starts to show the side of the building currently visible from Barnstormer:

It's encouraging to hear that they've got plans to improve this view. I hope it's not too visible from Mermaid.

I won't pretend I'm not willing to forgive ANYTHING in terms of sightlines - it's true that the Magic Kingdom has some issues that have been standing since opening day. The difference there, of course, is that they are relatively minor and not a dozen stories tall. TRON does seem to sully the skyline of the Magic Kingdom from outside the park, which really is quite a shame, but I'd be very appreciative if they manage to mitigate the view from inside the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom