News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Buried20KLeague

I thought the luggage trolley thing was a really cool idea... but probably not practical for the US... There were lockers right outside the exit...so I am sure when it get opened here, they will force everyone to check everything...like Universal does for certain rides...

yep, and that was the policy in Shanghai in 2017. There was no trolley to put stuff at load. You had to use a locker or leave thing with non riders.

I’d be shocked if they do the trolley thing in the US.

ImperfectPixie

I thought the luggage trolley thing was a really cool idea... but probably not practical for the US... There were lockers right outside the exit...so I am sure when it get opened here, they will force everyone to check everything...like Universal does for certain rides...
There are luggage trolleys in use on some attractions at Canobie Lake Park in New Hampshire...granted, it's a very small amusement park in comparison to WDW's Magic Kingdom, but it works like a charm.

Mr. Moderate

Great pictures and I have to say I think this is going to be one of the best additions made to the Magic Kingdom, since Splash Mountain. I think this will really turn around Tomorrowland and I just wish they could do something with the Speedway to update it and make it look futuristic. I'm sure this has been said many times before, but I wish Telsa could somehow be brought in as a sponsor and a partnership done to give the Speedway an awesome, high tech makeover.

Clamman73

Saturday morning
F51369ED-54A1-4AEA-9CBC-D6642D2DBAAB.jpeg

mergatroid

It’s not... The canopy still allows people to see the coaster.

I was meaning see it more from outside it such as from the speedway or peoplemover, I think much of it will be covered from those angles? The whole thing should look splendid anyhow, it's just that curve looks very attractive (that probably says more about me to be honest though)

Edit: On second thoughts those two mounds .................................................... (I need to seek help obviously)

img_4748-jpg.421411

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Awesome photos. The Magic Kingdom version will be spectacular. Surprised no one is complaining that the castle is spoiling the sight lines in Tokyo! OMG :)
tbh with how big the Shanghai castle was, the tron building only pulled you away from the castle at night due to the lighting system. and thats even from the hotel across the lake.

I would also like to point out the design of Shanghai Disney Tomorrowland was built with a very similar theming to the Tomorrowland movie, archways and upper walkways that are very wide and modern/futuristic. It was a pleasant sight thats for sure.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I can't seem to find any photos of the Tron ride building in Shanghai other than top-down satellite images. Anyone know where I might find one?
And you'll never find one, because the Chinese government won't allow any to be posted on the Internetz. Even they understand the importance of unspoiled sightlines... or the appearance that they exist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom