The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Tech help: Windows - I need permission from the admin to delete the folder.

I already looked online and it didn't help me, I am the admin/owner.
What folder are you trying to delete?

If it's a system folder, it won't let you delete it.

If it's a folder you created, then I'd try turning the system off and back on again.

And of course, there's always the option to just leave it alone.

wdwfan4ver

Video taping the inside of your house, seriously? Did that really happen or was that some baseless rumor started by someone with heavy duty paranoiac problems? In all my years of dealing with trick or treaters that was not a problem because they never get inside my house. I stand in my doorway and just put candy in their bags. If they don't like what I give them, they can always go to one of the neighbors and get something better. I only did decorations once when my kids were small and never did it again. Halloween has never been one of my favorite fake holidays.
The people doing the video taping were adults. The adults were doing the video taping were not in house. What happened was people were pointing the cameras at the windows despite no decorations. The decorations were outside, but did not cover up the windows. I understand recording their kid, but pointing a camera at a window with no decorations is odd.

There was 2nd person in house helping , but that person spotted the camera pointed at front house window. The 2nd person for helping was not due to security purposes at all.

There is a spot to put large plastic bowls full of treats, but was limited in how much bowls can be used. The 2nd person job was to refill bowl or replace person if bathroom break is needed. The highest of trick or treaters in a 3 hours time was over 1,300. The fact is the pace of trick or treaters in this case is had to refill.

We got so many because there were people outside of the neighborhood or the area. I do know that there there areas that doing trick or treating during the day and some at night. The house I live in gets trick or treaters during the day. I know where out of the area due to trick or treaters came out of vehicles.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Yeah, I never heard of anyone that goes in someones house for trick or treat.
To be honest when I was a kid during the stone age everyone lived in a tight knit neighborhood. Everyone knew everyone else. You had to go into the house and the would try and guess who you were through the incredibly realistic disguises we wore. Then they would give you candy and send you on your way to stumble blindly in the dark wearing the face mask with no peripheral vision. It has been a long time, many decades since anyone has done that. Unless we were preschool our parents didn't ever go out with us. It was the one night a year when we were free to wander around at will. Then we would finish up and go back home and watch the Headless Horseman, scare the tar out of Ichabod Crane while filling our faces full of sugar. A usual Halloween Disney special.

wdwfan4ver

Yeah, I never heard of anyone that goes in someones house for trick or treat.
What I can tell you is that issue more of a little kid issue. That happened once. Treats were passed out with the door being opened when ever a trick or treating or seen walking up the steps. Somehow a little kid get in for less than a minute despite the door not being opened all the way.

The parent was not happy with the little kid doing that.

Cesar R M

What folder are you trying to delete?

If it's a system folder, it won't let you delete it.

If it's a folder you created, then I'd try turning the system off and back on again.

And of course, there's always the option to just leave it alone.
alternatively, open a CMD (command prompt) with Administrative privileges (it will ask you to elevate).
Get to the directory in question and delete from there.

Alternative #2. Use the right click menu to change the security settings and remove the write protection, or change ownership.

If its a system file that is in use, it wont let you delete it unless you use some obscure CMD or powershell commands. But this means you will most likely brick your Windows installation.

donaldtoo

Happy Birthday @donaldtoo !! I assume you and your family have a jam packed celebratory day planned?
View attachment 419254

Thank you so much for the cool cake (I’ll change my name to Cynthia if it’ll get me a free cruise ;)) and birthday wishes...!!!!! :)

Not much planned, actually. Headin’ to my folks in a little while for a bit of a combined celebration, as Sarah (youngest DD) was also Confirmed yesterday...!!!!! :)

Unfortunately, our lil’ Emy, Megan, and Daniel won’t be makin’ it, as Emy has been off and on havin’ issues at both ends for the last few days. They had her in the ER again last night and it has finally been identified as Sapovirus.
She was feeling well yesterday, but, things started up again shortly after the Confirmation service. She’s fine again this morning, but, of course now that they know what she has, don’t want to risk infecting anyone else until it fully runs its course.

The Bishop was not able to be at the Diocese-wide service, so his assistant celebrated the service. This priest is next in line for Bishop, and is a former neighbor of ours...both of my younger bro’s went to HS with him...!!! :)
A few pics from the Confirmation...

Sarah and Emy...!!!

4F1E9AB7-827A-452E-BBFD-F1E614EBAED6.jpeg
222C4727-0624-439E-8FEA-98C51417F988.jpeg

Some pics of the inside of the church, and one of all of us with our former neighbor priest...!!! :)

6671D565-45F7-4CB7-BD59-9737CF6871F3.jpeg
E1E50505-67E6-4E68-9E1D-A406AD90DD3C.jpeg
4C26054E-E375-4A00-BA94-FDE29D85644F.jpeg
3E521E43-CE9F-4BEB-B037-F2CEE908BCC2.jpeg

Some chips and queso, my pork/beef burger sliders, and what’s left of my mimosa afterwords at Kerby Lane Cafe...!!! :hungry::)

5DC37C05-20E9-4D64-AEBC-59CF27302901.jpeg
EC534A1B-2445-408A-A7F1-36DA732942DB.jpeg
5601855D-8079-4A93-977F-613C76A0A435.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I ordered a pizza yesterday.

Me: I would like to order a pizza.

Them: Do you want cheese on it?

In my head: Yes, you idiots

For me, there can never be enough cheese! :joyfull: But myself aside, there are people who actually do not want cheese, but get the other toppings. Some people are allergic to dairy as well, so no cheese for them. But that's o.k., because that leave more cheese for you and me! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you so much for the cool cake (I’ll change my name to Cynthia if it’ll get me a free cruise ;)) and birthday wishes...!!!!! :)

Not much planned, actually. Headin’ to my folks in a little while for a bit of a combined celebration, as Sarah (youngest DD) was also Confirmed yesterday...!!!!! :)

Unfortunately, our lil’ Emy, Megan, and Daniel won’t be makin’ it, as Emy has been off and on havin’ issues at both ends for the last few days. They had her in the ER again last night and it has finally been identified as Sapovirus.
She was feeling well yesterday, but, things started up again shortly after the Confirmation service. She’s fine again this morning, but, of course now that they know what she has, don’t want to risk infecting anyone else until it fully runs its course.

The Bishop was not able to be at the Diocese-wide service, so his assistant celebrated the service. This priest is next in line for Bishop, and is a former neighbor of ours...both of my younger bro’s went to HS with him...!!! :)

Sarah and Emy...!!!

View attachment 419283
View attachment 419284

Some pics of the inside of the church, and one of all of us with our former neighbor priest...!!! :)

View attachment 419285
View attachment 419286
View attachment 419287
View attachment 419291

Some chips and queso, my pork/beef burger sliders, and what’s left of my mimosa afterwords at Kerby Lane Cafe...!!! :hungry::)

View attachment 419288
View attachment 419289
View attachment 419290

I hope Emy feels better very soon! She looks pretty good though, in the pictures above. :)

P.S.: That church is very modern. The church I attend was built in 1862.

MySmallWorldof4

Sarah and Emy...!!!

View attachment 419283
View attachment 419284

View attachment 419285
View attachment 419286
View attachment 419287
View attachment 419291

View attachment 419288
View attachment 419289
View attachment 419290
Sorry little Emy has been ill. She does look beleaguered in the pictures, poor thing. Hope she gets well soon.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Sarah and Emy...!!!

View attachment 419283
View attachment 419284

View attachment 419285
View attachment 419286
View attachment 419287
View attachment 419291

View attachment 419288
View attachment 419289
View attachment 419290

Looks like a fantastic day, even though Emmy wasn't feel good. At least you were all together. Hope you had a good birthday!

Goofyernmost

View attachment 419291

Glad to see that you grouped the four generations together there. Nice touch!

donaldtoo

Looks like a fantastic day, even though Emmy wasn't feel good. At least you were all together. Hope you had a good birthday!

Thank you very much...!!! :)
Missed Emy and them, of course, but, it was a good, simple, birthday...!!!!! :happy:

Fried chicken with pasta salad, a honey biscuit, and everyone’s favorite...fried okra...!!!!!!! :joyfull::D:hilarious::hungry:;):)

C84CEADD-09B0-445B-A8A2-6E5812CE83EA.jpeg

Brownie cake with vanilla bean ice cream...!!!!! :hungry:

A8BE025E-A309-4260-A256-8993A28B9433.jpeg

And, a pic of my silly ol’ self...!!! ;):)

756C728B-6397-4284-B8B5-2A8F43AF1A27.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom