working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Much better!

I guess I never considered that it was malt vinegar on the chips. I knew malt was a problem, but it figures it's what they'd use for the chips. It's got me thinking about my R&C ADR for my upcoming trip. I've heard they can do a gluten free version of their fish n' chips, but I can't have the malt vinegar. I guess I can ask if they have red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar on had for salad. Yeah...meatballs and meatloaf are usually off limit items for me. I have home alternatives for binders in these dishes, but they're usually unsafe dishes. :(

Kendall skis and Sam snowboards, but the haven't been since New Year's 2016, so it's been a while. I've tried both and don't enjoy it, but I'm excited for real winter in a picturesque area. And if there's time, we'll probably go tubing.

You could always call before you decide to cancel to see what they could do for you. My guess is they're probably aware that malt is an issue for people with celiac and have a substitute for it. I could see them having at least red wine vinegar on hand and possibly apple cider vinegar, since it's gotten kind of trendy.

I'm not a skier or snowboarder, either. But tubing sounds like a lot of fun.

Sans Souci

What exactly is it that attracts you to a career as a flight attendant? Perhaps you could find another career that could offer some of that. Like....travel agent, or hotel industry? You'd still get to work with people in a sort of service capacity, but without the nasty group interview things, etc. And travel agents also earn bonuses that they can use to travel themselves, if that interests you.

It is something I wanted to do in my early 20s and my father asked me if I'd like to work for AA, too. I told him I wanted to be a flight attendant and he said "Absolutely not--you will be living on food stamps." He also told me he didn't think I had what it takes to be a flight attendant. :rolleyes: So, he sent me an application for ramp agent. Those are the people who are on the ground, chucking luggage, tugging the plane out of the gate, etc. I didn't apply, because it didn't appeal to me and it paid even less than FAs, too. I was also offended that this was what my father thought I could do, like I wasn't sophisticated enough to be a FA. I would have preferred gate agent or customer service, if he was going to send me an app.

I like the idea of not going to the same office everyday with the same people. I like that you have a rotating crew of people you work with, so you're always meeting new co-workers with every trip and helping new passengers with every flight. I guess I'm really drawn the dynamic and unpredictable work environment. I also have fond memories that are attached to aviation. My parents were divorced and my father loved aircraft. So sometimes on Saturdays, he'd take me to O'Hare and we'd watch the jets landing and taking off. He'd would tell me which was which. As a child, they all looked the same to me. LOL From time to time, we'd wait for my grandfather's flight to come in and we'd wait for the passengers to get off. Then I'd get to go into the cockpit and be amazed at all of the switches, etc. This was back when planes still required flight engineers and there was just a wall of switches and gauges. It blew my mind. This was obviously pre-9/11 :). Then, we'd all go back to my grandparents' house. I also feel like this is another way to leverage my social work skills in a novel way for me. People are anxious, angry and agitated and I feel like one of the things I am good at is putting myself in a situation where I felt similarly and helping them from that place--if that makes sense.

I did look into being a travel agent about 9-10 years ago. I feel like I am someone who works best in face to face situations when helping others and everything is online nowadays.

Sans Souci

I got up around 6am and was out just before 6:30am for a 6.5 mile run. I still had some foot pain, but it wasn't awful and it wasn't constant. I'm not sure if it's because I was in my cushiest shoes, if the new foot pads were helping, or a bit of both. It wasn't my fastest run, but it was still pretty decent and I had a lot of moments where I felt really strong and I was still faster than at least one of my recent 10ks. Afterwards, I biked for 30 min, did a lot of stretching, arm work and abs. I have to get used to it, but my new night light vest is fairly comfortable and at least getting out early means getting to see sunrise.

48924851601_b5fbe2f9ab_c.jpg

48924317018_73663905b1_c.jpg

Does that use those glow-in-the-dark necklaces? That's good that you have that. I can't stand when people here run in the streets at night in black leggings and dark colors and you only see them when you're way too close to them.

Sans Souci

Hello-
I wrapped up week 2 of my program of 12 today. :)

I got a flu shot yesterday and my arm was sore within an hour. I slept poorly last night because of it. I move around a lot when I sleep and I kept rolling over that arm, so I woke up when I did that. I did a 20 minute power yoga and that was a little sore on my arm. I read Australia had a humdinger of a flu season, so that could be a preview of ours.

I might go for a walk later. I'll see, I don't feel 100% today. I think there might be a nap in my future. :hilarious:

I am making slow cooked pork in mole sauce today and I am not telling my husband it is a Weight Watchers recipe. LOL

HouCuseChickie

One of my friends had a dog who passed a few months ago, and her friend is a vet, and she told her she needed a new pup to take care of, because she was completely broken at the loss of Harry. So she got this new puppy...I don't remember the breed, but she said he is so smart and so destructive. She said Harry was such a dumb dog, you could hide a toy under a couch cushion and he'd just look around like "Where did it go?" even though he watched you hide it. He was just a big slobbery mutt, and she LOVED him. Now she's got a smart one that you have to have constantly in your sights. She said it's actually been nice to have the distraction so she doesn't just fall apart over Harry's loss, but boy is Rupert a handful!!

I wish I'd recorded it, but I put one of the security cameras on Voo last night too figure out what she was doing in her crate. I don't know why I expected some kind of canine mastermind, picking locks with her teeth and paws. We heard this awful banging and it turns out that she's locking her teeth onto the crate door and trying to use brute strength to tug it open. She's fine if my younger one is in there with her, but she was at a sleepover last night. I wound up bringing Voo into the guest bedroom with me. Both pups have definitely had a similar effect as you friend had with her loss and new dog, but I'm starting to hit that point where I'm ready for them to be mellowed out adults who use their intelligence for good. 🤣

HouCuseChickie

Wait....you'll be in Colorado? What part? My brother lives in Laramie Wyoming, which isn't far from the Colorado border. And he owns a restaurant...if you're in that area, you should check it out. They have some gluten free and I think vegan options, apparently. They just bought the restaurant this Summer, so I haven't been there, but I see things on FB occassionally.

We're going to be in New Mexico this time...close to the southern Colorado border. I promised everyone a ski trip and New Mexico was the easiest option for a road trip. Sounds like some nice options with the menu! If we were closer, I'd definitely look into going in for a meal.

HouCuseChickie

Does that use those glow-in-the-dark necklaces? That's good that you have that. I can't stand when people here run in the streets at night in black leggings and dark colors and you only see them when you're way too close to them.

I thought that too the first time I saw a picture, but when I saw the video, I realized this was a must whenever I had to add in night running. I believe it takes three AAA batteries to keep it powered.

I also got one of these to help me see better. Bonus points that it adds to my rear visibility. I haven't tested the siren, but that can't hurt either.

I have a lot of reflective gear, but I think being illuminated is more effective.

HouCuseChickie

Hello-
I wrapped up week 2 of my program of 12 today. :)

I got a flu shot yesterday and my arm was sore within an hour. I slept poorly last night because of it. I move around a lot when I sleep and I kept rolling over that arm, so I woke up when I did that. I did a 20 minute power yoga and that was a little sore on my arm. I read Australia had a humdinger of a flu season, so that could be a preview of ours.

I might go for a walk later. I'll see, I don't feel 100% today. I think there might be a nap in my future. :hilarious:

I am making slow cooked pork in mole sauce today and I am not telling my husband it is a Weight Watchers recipe. LOL

Ugh, not looking forward to flu season. The kids got their shots last week, but you just never know which strains are going to make their way through the area. I think it was 2 years ago when Australia's season predicted our especially ugly flu season. Hope your arm feels better.

Mole sounds delicious! We never get that unless we're going out because of the allergen risks.

Sans Souci

Ugh, not looking forward to flu season. The kids got their shots last week, but you just never know which strains are going to make their way through the area. I think it was 2 years ago when Australia's season predicted our especially ugly flu season. Hope your arm feels better.

Mole sounds delicious! We never get that unless we're going out because of the allergen risks.

Here’s the recipe. I had to do screenshots, because a link won’t work unless you’re a subscriber. But it looks like it’s gluten free? I checked my container of Hershey’s cocoa and it’s gluten free.
BB1E07C3-622B-48CB-BD31-FD680E3F9782.png22E7292B-9867-406C-B363-E636A8CF9402.png

HouCuseChickie

Here’s the recipe. I had to do screenshots, because a link won’t work unless you’re a subscriber. But it looks like it’s gluten free? I checked my container of Hershey’s cocoa and it’s gluten free.
View attachment 419267View attachment 419268

Thanks! It looks like a great recipe. My older one is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, so the peanut butter element makes it a no go. I've been able to eat some restaurants' versions when we go out to eat, but try to limit the use of nuts in the house. We had an issue last summer where my husband accidentally gave her a taste of his chicken mole and we had a moderate reaction on our hands.

Sans Souci

Thanks! It looks like a great recipe. My older one is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, so the peanut butter element makes it a no go. I've been able to eat some restaurants' versions when we go out to eat, but try to limit the use of nuts in the house. We had an issue last summer where my husband accidentally gave her a taste of his chicken mole and we had a moderate reaction on our hands.

Oh, no. That's not good. I remember you saying one of your girls had a food allergy in your TR, but I couldn't remember what. I just thought if you wanted mole, I'd give you the recipe. :)

Sans Souci

Good morning. ☀

I slept so much better last night, even though my arm's still sore. It's a good thing I slept well, because my scheduled work out was intense. It was a lower body kettle bell workout and my legs just stopped working at the end--so much shaking. :hilarious:

The pork in mole was really good. The pork just fell apart when I took it out of the Dutch oven. The only things I'd change is less salt the next time and I'd use almond butter or tahini, instead of peanut butter. I think the peanut butter was too assertive.

When my mother was visiting, she'd watch "90 Day Fiancee," and my husband, of all people, got hooked. I think it's because we met in a chat room in the late 90s and we did the long distance dating thing until we got married. Some of these people are off the hook, though. There is a woman who is 53 and she is engaged to a man who is 31 and lives in Nigeria. He wants children and it's too late for her. She expects her daughter to donate an egg to her and she'll "tote it." She is really aggressive about it, too. :jawdrop: This is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin. I can't believe I watch this. :hilarious:

HouCuseChickie

Good morning. ☀

I slept so much better last night, even though my arm's still sore. It's a good thing I slept well, because my scheduled work out was intense. It was a lower body kettle bell workout and my legs just stopped working at the end--so much shaking. :hilarious:

The pork in mole was really good. The pork just fell apart when I took it out of the Dutch oven. The only things I'd change is less salt the next time and I'd use almond butter or tahini, instead of peanut butter. I think the peanut butter was too assertive.

When my mother was visiting, she'd watch "90 Day Fiancee," and my husband, of all people, got hooked. I think it's because we met in a chat room in the late 90s and we did the long distance dating thing until we got married. Some of these people are off the hook, though. There is a woman who is 53 and she is engaged to a man who is 31 and lives in Nigeria. He wants children and it's too late for her. She expects her daughter to donate an egg to her and she'll "tote it." She is really aggressive about it, too. :jawdrop: This is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin. I can't believe I watch this. :hilarious:

I have a good friend who LOVES that show! He tried to get me into it, but I just haven't jumped on board.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was 50 kettlebell swings followed by a 15 minute interval w/o and a nice, long stretch. I used my 45 # KB for all of the swings, so I am working my way back up to it and getting stronger. 💪

Tonight is Taco Tuesday. I am making grilled flank steak tacos with avocado. 🌮😋

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was an active recovery day, so I did 50 KB swings + a stretch/tone work out. I did all but the very last part. It was a series of yoga poses I know I can never master, so I skipped it. My proportions are off for some yoga poses. :p

I have some bread dough fermenting in the fridge, so I might make a loaf of bread today. :)

HouCuseChickie

Have you ever heard of aquafaba @HouCuseChickie ? I remember you said you were going to make lemon meringue pie for Thanksgiving. You can make it dairy free all the way by using aquafaba.

I haven't. I need to look into what I did last year, because I was able to make my lemon curd doing something....I just never wrote it down. I remember everything with making dairy free condensed "milk" for the pumpkin pie, but no recollection of the lemon meringue.

MySmallWorldof4

I haven't. I need to look into what I did last year, because I was able to make my lemon curd doing something....I just never wrote it down. I remember everything with making dairy free condensed "milk" for the pumpkin pie, but no recollection of the lemon meringue.
This is the recipe I have used for lemon curd. It was really good. I subbed the soymilk for almond I think. I bet a light coconut would work really well too. https://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/03/05/lemon-pie-filling/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom