working out for Disney

epcotisbest

One trip she got a portabello mushroom, cheese and grilled veggies sub topped with Zunzi's sauce. It was crazy good, even with no meat. It was a bit over-stuffed and a tad messy to eat, but worth it. And this photo and the chicken and waffle photo were taken with her iPhone. I am impressed with the quality of the iPhone photos, especially this one. It looks like it could be from a magazine IMO.

zunzi's.jpg

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

I am sorry to hear about your friend's passing. You knew him from a very young age and through your formative years, so I think it's totally natural you'd be upset about his passing. Let the memories and the feelings happen. Don't tell yourself that you need to be over his passing today or tomorrow or whenever. There's no deadline for grief. ❤

Thanks! It's certainly healthier to embrace it. It has at least been nice to reminisce over social media. I still need to try and dig up some old pictures, but it's been great seeing posts from mutual friends and family. Even before he made his name in the business, music was such a huge part of his life and being his friend, so everyone has been putting in songs to make a Spotify playlist of things that remind us of him over the years. I never got a chance to meet up with him in adulthood, but others did and while the majority of his Facebook posts were very family oriented (which is of course a positive), it was nice to see that other friends who did get to see him in more recent years share that fame and success didn't change the great guy we all knew growing up. What was really interesting was to see how he knew people from other chapters of my life. Some old work buddies got to know him because they are friends with his wife and an old college buddy got to know him through work. It was just so crazy to think how we had these friendships that tied us all together through so many parts of our lives.

Sorry...probably more than any of you needed to know, but it's cathartic to type it out.

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

I did my usual light box following by workout routine this AM. It was fast and furious and over before I even knew what hit me.

I got my "thanks, but no thanks" from Delta today. It only took them two months. :rolleyes: What frustrates me is they never even requested my resume. I think it's because I indicated that I never had a job where I was responsible for someone's personal safety or health on their questionnaire. I knew it was coming, but it still stings to finally receive confirmation. :( So, I don't know what my next move is here.

I am making baked tofu and red bell pepper with homemade sweet chili sauce and avocado over brown rice. I haven't made this in a while and I really enjoy it. I love the crunchy bell pepper and the buttery avocado together.
Hello-

Today was active recovery. It was a stretching work out. I definitely needed it, given the previous two day's workouts. :hungover: There's a storm blowing in later today, so I am hoping to get a nice stroll in before that happens.

I'm making another Weight Watchers recipe tonight--lemon chicken and broccoli. I'll either serve it with brown rice or angel hair.

The more I hear these things, the more I dislike the airline industry as a whole. I'm sure there are plenty of green FAs in the industry who have never had a job where they're in charge of a person's safety or health. Heck, you're a parent...you have more real life training caring for someone's safety and health from that alone.

I think you may be getting the leading edge of the front that came through here this morning. We had storms start up around 3am. Everyone has been buzzing out it since there's a good chance the weather will cancel game 4 of the ALCS.

HouCuseChickie

@epcotisbest is killing me with all these amazing food pics!!! Your phone takes great pics. Which model is it? I may be in the market for a new one within the next month or two. I still love my DSLR, but it's nice to have a good phone camera and my old iphone's is just...well...old. I am trying to get as much life out of it as possible, but it's going on 4 years old and it's starting to have some issues that go beyond an old camera.

HouCuseChickie

I got back into my normal workout routine yesterday. My morning workout was decent and my evening run was pretty strong even though it was in the low 80s. I did notice during the run that my right calf started to knot up and while my feet were finally good, my legs were a bit more achy than usual afterwards. I've been hydrating really well and added banana to help my potassium levels, so I don't know what's up. My husband's theory...my body wants soda :hilarious: I did a 10 minute wall stretch after which helped some, but I'm thinking I need to start adding in some light biking after my short runs to help with recovery. The storms and a whining puppy were already messing with my sleep...I didn't need achy legs on top of it.

Speaking of whining puppies...they are driving me nuts! Voodoo has settled in to sleeping the room with my younger daughter, but Cookie is going through separation anxiety. She has my older daughter there, but it's not Voodoo. We're hoping this helps with her hyperbonding issues, but we're back to having a baby waking us up all night. Voodoo is no angel. My daughter tried putting a pillow in her crate for her to have a soft place to sleep. Destroyed! She has a mounted water bottle in her crate...she's not only figured out how to get the bowl off of the mounting (I can't even do that)...she's figured out how to unscrew the wingnuts holding on the entire mechanism. The other night, we were out at softball when when she managed to reach a paw far enough out of the crate to snag the drapes. She wound up ripping a good foot off of the panel she got a hold of. We came home the other day and she busted the top carabiner clip on her crate and had her head jammed in the top of the door, trying to squeeze her way out. And the cherry on top...she managed to rip the tags off of her collar. The metal key holder style ring had been completely unwound and was on the floor of her crate with the tags all over the place. She already destroyed that cute voodoo doll collar )still not sure how she ripped it off) and has been in a plain black collar since. I've nicknamed her... Evil!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It is marinated, grilled chicken chopped into chunks and served on mashed potatoes (or rice) and topped with two different kinds of Zunzi's sauce and dressing. The sauce is very flavorful. This typically comes with diced, smoked sausage too, but my wife asked them to leave out the sausage this time as it sometimes elevates her blood pressure.
Zunzi's is a little hole in the wall take-out place with no inside dining, and there is just about always a line.

View attachment 418553

Those are the BEST places -- no frills, excellent food, and tons of locals. My kind of place (if I lived down there)!!

epcotisbest

@epcotisbest is killing me with all these amazing food pics!!! Your phone takes great pics. Which model is it? I may be in the market for a new one within the next month or two. I still love my DSLR, but it's nice to have a good phone camera and my old iphone's is just...well...old. I am trying to get as much life out of it as possible, but it's going on 4 years old and it's starting to have some issues that go beyond an old camera.

iPhone 8

Sans Souci

One trip she got a portabello mushroom, cheese and grilled veggies sub topped with Zunzi's sauce. It was crazy good, even with no meat. It was a bit over-stuffed and a tad messy to eat, but worth it. And this photo and the chicken and waffle photo were taken with her iPhone. I am impressed with the quality of the iPhone photos, especially this one. It looks like it could be from a magazine IMO.

View attachment 418568

This is more my speed .It looks so delicious. I am not the biggest meat eater, but I love roasted veggies, particularly portobellos. Sometimes, I'll buy some caps at Trader Joe's, make a marinade (to marinate for a few hours) and put them under the broiler. I also fill the caps with goat cheese and serve it with their chimichurri rice from their frozen section. So good.

Sans Souci

I got back into my normal workout routine yesterday. My morning workout was decent and my evening run was pretty strong even though it was in the low 80s. I did notice during the run that my right calf started to knot up and while my feet were finally good, my legs were a bit more achy than usual afterwards. I've been hydrating really well and added banana to help my potassium levels, so I don't know what's up. My husband's theory...my body wants soda :hilarious: I did a 10 minute wall stretch after which helped some, but I'm thinking I need to start adding in some light biking after my short runs to help with recovery. The storms and a whining puppy were already messing with my sleep...I didn't need achy legs on top of it.

Speaking of whining puppies...they are driving me nuts! Voodoo has settled in to sleeping the room with my younger daughter, but Cookie is going through separation anxiety. She has my older daughter there, but it's not Voodoo. We're hoping this helps with her hyperbonding issues, but we're back to having a baby waking us up all night. Voodoo is no angel. My daughter tried putting a pillow in her crate for her to have a soft place to sleep. Destroyed! She has a mounted water bottle in her crate...she's not only figured out how to get the bowl off of the mounting (I can't even do that)...she's figured out how to unscrew the wingnuts holding on the entire mechanism. The other night, we were out at softball when when she managed to reach a paw far enough out of the crate to snag the drapes. She wound up ripping a good foot off of the panel she got a hold of. We came home the other day and she busted the top carabiner clip on her crate and had her head jammed in the top of the door, trying to squeeze her way out. And the cherry on top...she managed to rip the tags off of her collar. The metal key holder style ring had been completely unwound and was on the floor of her crate with the tags all over the place. She already destroyed that cute voodoo doll collar )still not sure how she ripped it off) and has been in a plain black collar since. I've nicknamed her... Evil!

Why does your husband think you need soda? :hilarious: Does he think you're not getting enough sodium?

Voodoo, oh, man. I'm not surprised she's causing you so much trouble. It's always the clever ones who cause so much trouble. I've mentioned on here I had a Jack Russell Terrier and he was really smart, but destructive when he didn't get his way. I hope she settles down as she gets older, because she sounds like an absolute handful. :jawdrop: I'm kind of laughing her trying to wriggle her way out of the crate though. What a naughty sausage.

Sans Souci

Good morning-

Today was a lower body KB routine. Super sweaty. 💪🏻💦I like having not having to select a workout, it's there for me when I log in.

There is a wind advisory here. We have potted palms on our bedroom balcony and my husband brought them in before bed. The last time he did that, a katydid stowed away and made that croaking noise all night in my bedroom. Not only that, when I used my light box, I spotted it out of the corner of my eye and every time I looked at it, it was a little bit closer to me. I figured it was attracted to the light box, since the rest of the room was dark. I cut that session short. It didn't show up again until a few days later, when I put on my fleece and felt something up against my arm. It took it off and shook it out and this dead, leaf-looking creature fell to the ground. 🤢 Now, I am seeing a half dozen stink bugs on these palms and I don't need those in my bedroom. I had one on my leg while I was bed and I went to throw it off my leg and it sprayed my hand. I don't need a repeat of that episode! :hilarious:

epcotisbest

Good morning-

Today was a lower body KB routine. Super sweaty. 💪🏻💦I like having not having to select a workout, it's there for me when I log in.

There is a wind advisory here. We have potted palms on our bedroom balcony and my husband brought them in before bed. The last time he did that, a katydid stowed away and made that croaking noise all night in my bedroom. Not only that, when I used my light box, I spotted it out of the corner of my eye and every time I looked at it, it was a little bit closer to me. I figured it was attracted to the light box, since the rest of the room was dark. I cut that session short. It didn't show up again until a few days later, when I put on my fleece and felt something up against my arm. It took it off and shook it out and this dead, leaf-looking creature fell to the ground. 🤢 Now, I am seeing a half dozen stink bugs on these palms and I don't need those in my bedroom. I had one on my leg while I was bed and I went to throw it off my leg and it sprayed my hand. I don't need a repeat of that episode! :hilarious:

Our annual battle of the stinkbugs has begun. They really work hard to get inside. I hate those things.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Why does your husband think you need soda? :hilarious: Does he think you're not getting enough sodium?

Voodoo, oh, man. I'm not surprised she's causing you so much trouble. It's always the clever ones who cause so much trouble. I've mentioned on here I had a Jack Russell Terrier and he was really smart, but destructive when he didn't get his way. I hope she settles down as she gets older, because she sounds like an absolute handful. :jawdrop: I'm kind of laughing her trying to wriggle her way out of the crate though. What a naughty sausage.

Well, we're not coffee drinkers, so diet soda has been our caffeine alternative for many years. I know it's so unhealthy, but his theory is that my body is adapted to it in a way.

It's funny because I still perceive Cookie to be the brighter dog, and while she's had her naughty moments, she's definitely the more obedient of the two. I remember reading a book some time ago that addressed canine intelligence vs. predisposition to willful disobedience/willingness to please in certain breeds and then tied it into adult breed energy levels. In the end, the couch potatoes who weren't too bright, but had a strong willingness to please were some of the best dogs. So, dumb...lazy...but really wants you to like them :hilarious:Jack Russels are high energy and have that terrier nature, so I could totally see how he could be destructive. I have a feeling we'll have to wait until Voo is around 2 to see some mellowing with the destructive stuff. So, by this time next year, she should be nearing that phase. Until then, we have to do a really good job of keeping her locked up when we can't have eyes on her. 🔏

HouCuseChickie

I had a 5c until last year when it just stopped working. So I upgraded...to a 7! :hilarious:

There's part of me that's tempted to hold it until it is just dead, but my husband also pointed out that I use my phone for a lot of different things and since it involves safety and work, I may not want to take that gamble. The battery is the more critical issue. It only holds about 75% of its original capacity, it's become extremely cold sensitive, and it sometimes forgets that it's charged. It's bizarre, but I could have an 85% charge and it'll suddenly drop to 10%. If I shut down and restart right away, it'll go back to that higher charge...otherwise, it will die and require a physical charge to start it back up. I've also had an issue that happened on my last phone, where it texts the wrong person. Last month, I texted the kids a car wash fundraiser flyer, only to have it swap out a number not in my contacts in place of my older daughter. The person actually replied and said they might go, but I still have no idea who I texted. My old phone did something similar several times in its final months. The most embarrassing...I texted my husband about our travel docs coming in, but it switched the recipient to my boss! 😧 So, I will probably be investing in a new one by some point in December so that I have it all set by the time the run trip comes around.

HouCuseChickie

Good morning!

I woke up today and did my gym workout. I may have pushed too hard in my biking. It felt fine and I went around 15.75 mi, but I kind of forgot that I would be running right after and probably should have saved my legs a little. I have too much going on around my normal weekday run time and I wanted to take advantage of the coolest temps of the day, so I got out just before sunrise. The temps were awesome...about 52-54 degrees out there during my run. I was having some foot pain and my legs were a little fatigued though, so I didn't run as hard as I would have liked. It was just a short maintenance run...2.5 mi with about .25 mi of walking in warm up and cool down. Minus the foot pain, it actually felt like a nice comfortable run. My feet had felt fine for my last few runs, so I think I need to try my insoles and extra cushy socks in these shoes...as these are the third model being introduced in my gear lineup. I have some stuff coming to help with this along with some pretty cool night running gear.

I've put in so much work of late that my brain is telling me it's Friday. I guess that's what happens when the extra time you've put in starts nearing 1-2 extra work days. There's at least now light at the end of this tunnel and it's helping my mental state. I'm allowing myself some sweets for sanity, but I've been pretty good with nutrition and hydration, so that's gotta help.

Sans Souci

There's part of me that's tempted to hold it until it is just dead, but my husband also pointed out that I use my phone for a lot of different things and since it involves safety and work, I may not want to take that gamble. The battery is the more critical issue. It only holds about 75% of its original capacity, it's become extremely cold sensitive, and it sometimes forgets that it's charged. It's bizarre, but I could have an 85% charge and it'll suddenly drop to 10%. If I shut down and restart right away, it'll go back to that higher charge...otherwise, it will die and require a physical charge to start it back up. I've also had an issue that happened on my last phone, where it texts the wrong person. Last month, I texted the kids a car wash fundraiser flyer, only to have it swap out a number not in my contacts in place of my older daughter. The person actually replied and said they might go, but I still have no idea who I texted. My old phone did something similar several times in its final months. The most embarrassing...I texted my husband about our travel docs coming in, but it switched the recipient to my boss! 😧 So, I will probably be investing in a new one by some point in December so that I have it all set by the time the run trip comes around.

That's not good. Mine was just slow, it would take forever for apps to open and the battery life was short. I didn't have the issues you did. At least you didn't send a text that was too embarrassing. When I was in grad school, a classmate I was friends with kept using the "r word" and I got sick of it. I thought I sent my husband a text (to vent) saying how trashy it was for someone to use that word, especially someone studying to be a social worker. I sent it her accidentally. :eek: I apologized to her, but I told her my feelings about using that word remained.

If I had a serious job, I'd replace before total death happened, too. I got an iPhone 7, because I am not permitted to buy things on credit because my husband works for the Department of the Treasury. So I have to buy certain things with cash and I didn't feel like spending a grand on an iPhone X. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

The more I hear these things, the more I dislike the airline industry as a whole. I'm sure there are plenty of green FAs in the industry who have never had a job where they're in charge of a person's safety or health. Heck, you're a parent...you have more real life training caring for someone's safety and health from that alone.

I think you may be getting the leading edge of the front that came through here this morning. We had storms start up around 3am. Everyone has been buzzing out it since there's a good chance the weather will cancel game 4 of the ALCS.

I thought about reapplying to Delta with a new email address and indicate that I had experience caring/being responsible for someone's safety. My husband told me he thought my hospice experience counted towards that. So, I thought about it over night and I decided against it. Their entire selection process is ridiculous. There is a 45 min. personality assessment and if they like you, a one way video interview and if you advance, a video interview with a current FA and then you might advance to a face to face interview in Atlanta. That is a lot of my free time they are asking of me. I don't think it is that involved to apply/interview for med school. Plus, Delta is non-union and that is something important to me if I ever do this. Going forward, I am only doing a quick (15 min) assessment, a video or phone interview and a face to face. If any assessments go beyond 15 min, I am withdrawing my application. I understand there is always going to be a lot of prep work/interviewing involved in pursuing any job, but some of the stuff I am expected to do is ridiculous. I once spent 90 minutes doing an IQ test for a regional airline. I am done with that. I am not trying to minimize the profession here, but FAs are not rocket scientists. I'm not lazy, I've just decided to become shrewd on how and where my time is spent.

HouCuseChickie

That's not good. Mine was just slow, it would take forever for apps to open and the battery life was short. I didn't have the issues you did. At least you didn't send a text that was too embarrassing. When I was in grad school, a classmate I was friends with kept using the "r word" and I got sick of it. I thought I sent my husband a text (to vent) saying how trashy it was for someone to use that word, especially someone studying to be a social worker. I sent it her accidentally. :eek: I apologized to her, but I told her my feelings about using that word remained.

If I had a serious job, I'd replace before total death happened, too. I got an iPhone 7, because I am not permitted to buy things on credit because my husband works for the Department of the Treasury. So I have to buy certain things with cash and I didn't feel like spending a grand on an iPhone X. :hilarious:

Those are such awkward situations. You meant what you texted and I agree with how you feel on the word, especially considering her chosen profession. Still, it's hard when someone finds out your feelings when you didn't intend to share.

I usually pay for my phone in full up front, so the financial aspect is definitely on my mind. The purchase of my current iPhone was pretty painful, but I did the math and it's worked out to about $0.58 a day. So, in the long run, it seems worth it. If it weren't for my huge iTunes library, I'd probably switch to a cheaper phone, but I had a non-iPhone for my first smart phone, but it didn't play well with my music library and forced me to use my old iPod whenever I wanted access to any of that. Right now, the 128GB version of the iPhone XR seems like my best option. We'll see...I'm not running out tomorrow to get it, but maybe next month.

HouCuseChickie

I thought about reapplying to Delta with a new email address and indicate that I had experience caring/being responsible for someone's safety. My husband told me he thought my hospice experience counted towards that. So, I thought about it over night and I decided against it. Their entire selection process is ridiculous. There is a 45 min. personality assessment and if they like you, a one way video interview and if you advance, a video interview with a current FA and then you might advance to a face to face interview in Atlanta. That is a lot of my free time they are asking of me. I don't think it is that involved to apply/interview for med school. Plus, Delta is non-union and that is something important to me if I ever do this. Going forward, I am only doing a quick (15 min) assessment, a video or phone interview and a face to face. If any assessments go beyond 15 min, I am withdrawing my application. I understand there is always going to be a lot of prep work/interviewing involved in pursuing any job, but some of the stuff I am expected to do is ridiculous. I once spent 90 minutes doing an IQ test for a regional airline. I am done with that. I am not trying to minimize the profession here, but FAs are not rocket scientists. I'm not lazy, I've just decided to become shrewd on how and where my time is spent.

I think that's what irks me with all of this. I'm sure there are many highly intelligent FAs out there and from what I've heard, it can be a very demanding job. I just think the process, hoops and testing go well beyond what's really required to be effective or even exceptional in such a position. Surely, those in charge of hiring are qualified enough to assess the talent pool without all of this nonsense...or so you'd think. So, it's more of a knock on the airlines for lacking a common sense process and along with the failure to value the time of their applicants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom