working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did my scheduled workout this morning, which was a kettlebell and a resistance loop workout. I used my 45 # kettlebell AKA The Beast. 👹 🐾

Then I finished my son's cake this morning, too. I made the frosting and it was like working with the stuff out of the plastic tub. It looks like an "old school" cake. This is what my son wanted and I highly doubt a bunch of teenage boys are going to care. I have to admit, I am not even remotely tempted to try this. I don't like spices mixed with chocolate in a cake. This cake smelled really spicy while it was baking yesterday. I like one or the other, but not both together. :p

StarWarsGirl

I've finally been cleared to exercise again after my ankle sprain. I started at the gym this week. We went to Hershey Park today...
fitbit_sharing_454274489007702784.png
dyooA7x.gif

source.gif

Sans Souci

Good morning-

Today was 50 KB swings with 👹 and a 20 minute power yoga class. I think I am going to sub in my own yoga when it shows up on the schedule. It's just a series of "yoga moves" without any flow.

My son asked for Eggs Benedict for his birthday breakfast, so I'll be doing that shortly. My husband bought a bottle of Prosecco and I don't know why? :hilarious: I've let my son try wine at the holidays, but he always turns his nose up at it after a sip. I grew up having my grandfather's homemade red wine mixed with Sprite at the holidays. So, I am OK with him having some diluted wine/spritzers for special occasions. He doesn't seem interested and I respect that.

HouCuseChickie

I've decided to make Sunday my break day vs. Monday. Initially, I thought it might be nice to not have to drag myself out of bed on the first workday of the week and use the extra weekend time for a longer workout, but I think getting to sleep in a little on a day when there's less pressure is better...at least until we fall back this weekend. And since my younger one's bday party is Saturday and we also have a recreation game and fundraiser car wash, I think I will need all that Sunday rest.

So, I ran my 3 miles in my training plan on Saturday, but I was just off. I got a late start, the kids were being a pain, and our schedule was off in general due to weather related delays and cancellations for sporting events. I got in my secondary workout following the run and then I worked out again this morning. I'm currently watching the newest season of the Great British Baking show while I bike and it's making me miss things like puff pastry and shortbread. It's also reminding me that I won't be running anywhere fast if I eat any of it. At least it's got me thinking about all kinds of stuff for my younger one's cake this weekend...softball theme/mint chocolate flavors.

In other news, my friend who is supposed to be going with me to run at Disney in January was having a vacation issue at work. We used to be on the same team, so I know the ins and outs of their requests. Time for them is pretty limited, and you have to put in requests 90 days out. It's sort of like booking Disney dining without the +length of stay piece for onsite guests. Long story short, she forgot about it and the calendar filled up. She put herself on their wait list and we're very thankful it was approved. I could have gone on my own for all of it, but it wouldn't be the fun friend trip I had in mind. Whew!

StarWarsGirl

Ya know, I'm just going to be completely honest: I hate working out. Doesn't matter what it is. I hate it. The best part about going to the gym is laying in the hydromassage chair. And then leaving.

But I know I need to do it, so do it I shall.

That's the end of that rant. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Songbird76

I've decided to make Sunday my break day vs. Monday. Initially, I thought it might be nice to not have to drag myself out of bed on the first workday of the week and use the extra weekend time for a longer workout, but I think getting to sleep in a little on a day when there's less pressure is better...at least until we fall back this weekend. And since my younger one's bday party is Saturday and we also have a recreation game and fundraiser car wash, I think I will need all that Sunday rest.

So, I ran my 3 miles in my training plan on Saturday, but I was just off. I got a late start, the kids were being a pain, and our schedule was off in general due to weather related delays and cancellations for sporting events. I got in my secondary workout following the run and then I worked out again this morning. I'm currently watching the newest season of the Great British Baking show while I bike and it's making me miss things like puff pastry and shortbread. It's also reminding me that I won't be running anywhere fast if I eat any of it. At least it's got me thinking about all kinds of stuff for my younger one's cake this weekend...softball theme/mint chocolate flavors.

In other news, my friend who is supposed to be going with me to run at Disney in January was having a vacation issue at work. We used to be on the same team, so I know the ins and outs of their requests. Time for them is pretty limited, and you have to put in requests 90 days out. It's sort of like booking Disney dining without the +length of stay piece for onsite guests. Long story short, she forgot about it and the calendar filled up. She put herself on their wait list and we're very thankful it was approved. I could have gone on my own for all of it, but it wouldn't be the fun friend trip I had in mind. Whew!
Whew! Good that it all got worked out....although I question your characterization of a trip for running to be a "fun" friend trip. :p

Songbird76

Ya know, I'm just going to be completely honest: I hate working out. Doesn't matter what it is. I hate it. The best part about going to the gym is laying in the hydromassage chair. And then leaving.

But I know I need to do it, so do it I shall.

That's the end of that rant. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
I'm with you...I hate it. Well, right now I'm not doing much working out as such....it's mostly working. But, I ride my bike there and back, and I'm walking the whole time, so it's a workout in itself. I actually do love to dance, so THAT I don't mind, but with my hip the way it is, I find that dancing is not good for it. I always end up stepping wrong or moving in a way that aggravates it. I actually think I need to see the doctor again about that. I hate how limiting it is.

HouCuseChickie

I'm with you...I hate it. Well, right now I'm not doing much working out as such....it's mostly working. But, I ride my bike there and back, and I'm walking the whole time, so it's a workout in itself. I actually do love to dance, so THAT I don't mind, but with my hip the way it is, I find that dancing is not good for it. I always end up stepping wrong or moving in a way that aggravates it. I actually think I need to see the doctor again about that. I hate how limiting it is.

My older one is trying to "steal" my bike from me. She left it out on the back porch and I thought of you and taking it out for a ride. And then it rained...and I took that as my sign that it should go back into its long hibernation 😂

HouCuseChickie

I took the day off from work because I needed to get some things done with my vehicle before the registration expires on 10/31. There's just been no time between work and kid stuff. I slept in until 7am (was having some interesting Disney dreams) and hit the gym after the kids left for school...since my first car appointment wasn't until 10:30. The Great British Baking Show had me dreaming of tarts and custards as I pedaled away. The puppies stayed in with me the whole time and managed to be good little fur balls...even though they smothered me with kisses during my ab work on the floor.

After that, it was off to get my tires checked. I have a problem tire that keeps losing air and my pressure light kept going off as a result. Can't pass an inspection if a warning light is on! Turns out two tires were acting up and a third, which was holding air, had a nail in it. After getting the tires checked and cleared up, I headed by to get an inspection at the shop near my house, only to find out their guy was at lunch. So, I stopped by the market for some baking supplies for tomorrow only to come out and see the major weather front was about to come in. So, while it's farther, I headed to the shop I liked better and they did my inspection in no time...since you really don't want an inspection in the rain. I just finished up the registration renewal online now that all that was in place, so...all good! With this front that came through, we're expecting lows in the 30s the next couple of mornings. That's downright frigid for us! BUT- I know it's going to make for phenomenal running weather. I have a 30-45 min run tomorrow, 1 mile on Thursday, and 8 miles on Friday. Woohoo!!!

Speaking of RunDisney stuff...look what came yesterday!!!

48977803848_7ae0db1948_z.jpg

48977803858_22e19be4f4_z.jpg

48978357091_6247affc8a_z.jpg

Songbird76

My older one is trying to "steal" my bike from me. She left it out on the back porch and I thought of you and taking it out for a ride. And then it rained...and I took that as my sign that it should go back into its long hibernation 😂
Well, I don't like riding my bike, but it's that or take the bus, which would take over an hour each way. By riding my bike, it takes about 20 minutes. But, I've noticed that sometimes my knee will hurt on the way home when I get about 2/3 of the way home. It feels kind of like when your joint needs to pop, but it's stuck. But that's not it...and if I get off and walk for a few minutes, I can get back on and ride for a minute or two before it hurts again, but it's really bad pain like I have no strength to push down on the pedal, so I physically can't go any further. I need to go to the doctor, really. But yesterday it was already starting by the time I got to work, and that's never happened before. Coming home, it started just around the corner from work and it took me a LOT longer to get home than usual. Between that and my hip, I really didn't want to go to work today. Thankfully, it's dead at work and they asked if anyone wanted to give up their hours for today and I said yes please! So I just rested today, and I am not scheduled tomorrow either, so I have a couple of days to rest before I go again. My kids have their own bikes to ride to school, but if I didn't need my bike and my daughter was trying to "steal" it, I think I'd let her. :p

HouCuseChickie

Well, I don't like riding my bike, but it's that or take the bus, which would take over an hour each way. By riding my bike, it takes about 20 minutes. But, I've noticed that sometimes my knee will hurt on the way home when I get about 2/3 of the way home. It feels kind of like when your joint needs to pop, but it's stuck. But that's not it...and if I get off and walk for a few minutes, I can get back on and ride for a minute or two before it hurts again, but it's really bad pain like I have no strength to push down on the pedal, so I physically can't go any further. I need to go to the doctor, really. But yesterday it was already starting by the time I got to work, and that's never happened before. Coming home, it started just around the corner from work and it took me a LOT longer to get home than usual. Between that and my hip, I really didn't want to go to work today. Thankfully, it's dead at work and they asked if anyone wanted to give up their hours for today and I said yes please! So I just rested today, and I am not scheduled tomorrow either, so I have a couple of days to rest before I go again. My kids have their own bikes to ride to school, but if I didn't need my bike and my daughter was trying to "steal" it, I think I'd let her. :p

I'm no doctor, but I've heard knee stories like that and it's been any number of things. Sounds like it was a good time to not have to go into work. Give those joints some rest! I also dread the doctor. I always fear how disruptive their treatment plans might be to my current schedule, but then I'm reminded that treatment may be more disruptive if I let things go for too long. Ugh! Well, I hope it feels better and it's a simple treatment.

I haven't touched my bike in ages since my wreck with the tunnel wall, but I think she's so pretty. I know that's why my older one wants her. She just sits in the garage...better protected that my car...so, she looks almost as pristine as the day I got her. Aside from exercise and relaxation, I don't have any need for it, but there's still that part of me that wants to have her fitted with some fun fenders and a cute basket :)

36230064232_98eb1b8aa4_z.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I haven't touched my bike in ages since my wreck with the tunnel wall, but I think she's so pretty. I know that's why my older one wants her. She just sits in the garage...better protected that my car...so, she looks almost as pristine as the day I got her. Aside from exercise and relaxation, I don't have any need for it, but there's still that part of me that wants to have her fitted with some fun fenders and a cute basket

Are fenders coming back in style again? Oh, I like the idea of a cute basket. Haven't ridden my bike in a year or so. It's just really hard to enjoy it anymore, because of all the traffic around here -- it's dangerous. It's almost like you have to go out at 5 AM on a Sunday morning to ride peacefully . . . :(

epcotisbest

View from our room this morning. Not too shabby. Wyndham Bonnet Creek. That's the Swan and Dolphin and Skyliner in the background.

OK, never mind. Can't attach photos this morning for some reason. Will post some when we get home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom