News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Markiewong

After looking at far too many videos I am even more uncertain. It is really hard to tell. From videos, the window tilt that I distinctly remember has not noticeably shown up anywhere. I believe I saw the vehicles tilt on the cheese grater but it is really hard to tell since there is not really much to base the movement on.

Like I said earlier I distinctly remember the tilting but it could just be my brain remembering the wrong thing.

My only confusion is why there would not be a tilt in the window scene if it does on the cheese grater. The expense would be in getting ride vehicles that have the ability to tilt. I am just confused about why they would not use it in that scene too.

In conclusion, I am more confused than before...
The vehicles tilt, but it is very subtle. And they shake/vibrate aswell.

rkleinlein

Apologies if this has been said in the previous 200 pages but I found these pics disappointing because the architectural elements look so cheap, tacky, and fake. That silly overhanging roof, shutters that don't fit the windows, windows and balconies just stuck like decals onto flat walls, even balcony railings with big gaps (are they just painted on?). You don't need to be an aficionado of architecture (or Haussmann style architecture in particular) to see that so much of it is off. I don't know what's worse: that the people in charge didn't know any better or that they knew but didn't care.

brihow

Apologies if this has been said in the previous 200 pages but I found these pics disappointing because the architectural elements look so cheap, tacky, and fake. That silly overhanging roof, shutters that don't fit the windows, windows and balconies just stuck like decals onto flat walls, even balcony railings with big gaps (are they just painted on?). You don't need to be an aficionado of architecture (or Haussmann style architecture in particular) to see that so much of it is off. I don't know what's worse: that the people in charge didn't know any better or that they knew but didn't care.
Which pictures are you referring to? Almost all of the new facades are in progress and behind scrims.

peter11435

Everything you’re referring to were existing facades.

Timothy_Q

Those have been there for decades.

Disney Analyst

LOL

Epcot82Guy

To be fair, if you mean the most recent pictures, those were previously facades that were backstage. You only saw them walking in from International Gateway. So, like many places viewed from afar, they were themed - but not as heavily. I do believe they are upgrading them as they work on this project. So, that may improve before it is finished.

WowFactor

Looking at @bioreconstruct ‘s images it seems that my concern with the Eiffel Tower was in vain. For me, they won't even need to move the tower, some fake plants or trees will address the issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom