News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Movielover

I personally don’t care if I see backstage buildings... it is what it is when your flying in from above.

the POV videos out give a great look into the new area though.

It does defeat the purpose when you can see that all the facades are for just 1 or 2 large show buildings instead of individual buildings. I'm more looking forward to how the Paris street looks from street level.

Timothy_Q

A berm isn’t really useful for views from above. Even then, it would require regrading of a far wider area, moving roads and the utilities below. This thing also has a giant green corner looming over the Morocco Pavilion. It just is not well sited.
It would take some work?

No kidding

lazyboy97o

Right, cause everything else Disney builds is simple and easy.

Do you argue just for the sake of arguing?

There’s enough space for a berm with trees.
Why do you need to prove that it’s impossible for Disney to build one?
You are the one who described it as simple and easy. It’s not. The room is not there and with more space wasted to support the berm.

Timothy_Q

You are the one who described it as simple and easy. It’s not. The room is not there and with more space wasted to support the berm.

Ok buddy

They can move the road 50 feet south if they want more space too

00000000.jpg
0000.jpg

lazyboy97o

Ok buddy

They can move the road 50 feet south if they want more space too

View attachment 413605View attachment 413607
You’re inverting a drainage ditch. That means regrading everything in the area to flow the opposite direction and building storm water lines in areas that previously did not receive drainage, like the road adjacent to the showbuilding that you have now turned into a valley. That’s huge amounts of work to effectively block the view of the bottom of the building from the service road. It does little to address the view from the Skyliner above, especially as it crosses the intersection.

Timothy_Q

I love that Disney was able to move a river and a train and fit SWGE inside Disneyland, which has absolutely no space for anything, but now you wanna claim that hiding a simple backstage builing at Epcot (which has the most space backstage) is absolutely impossible.

Whatever gets you to "win" this argument 👍
I'm out

SplashJacket

I love that Disney was able to move a river and a train and fit SWGE inside Disneyland, which has absolutely no space for anything, but now you wanna claim that hiding a simple backstage builing at Epcot (which has the most space backstage) is absolutely impossible.

One was done out of necessity to fit the land in. One is entirely unnecessary.

I am unable to recall which line but one of the gondola lines goes over the Speedway gas station. I'd say this is the least of Disney's problems.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Whatever gets you to "win" this argument 👍
I'm out

He's just disproving your theories.. not saying its impossible. If you want something to gain traction, it should actually 'work', not be fantasy.

On another topic...
Are they really not going to address the effiel tower? At this point with the skyliner it really should just come down entirely. The entire effect is lost when people will be right at the base of the building and the skyliner flies past at nearly the same height.

cjkeating

I have a question regarding Paris Ratatouille and depending on the answer I will also have a question regarding Epcot's version.

I have gone to DLP in 2013, 2016, and 2019.

In 2013 the ride was not open but I rode it many times in both 2016 and 2019.

My question is regarding the vehicle, specifically its movement. I rode the ride in 2016 and was blown away, however, in 2019, while still impressed by the ride, I felt something was missing.

In 2019 my first ride through lacked the tapping rat effect, but in later ones it was present. However, I remember in 2016 the Rats would move in front of the screens, like tilt. Despite this memory, every time I rode it the rats simply parked in front of the screens and sat there. Did I imagine the ride vehicle movements?

I know Epcot is supposed to be a near-perfect clone, but if Paris does lack a tilting system on the ride vehicle, will one be added to Epcot?

The lack of movement, imagined or not, was profound, and greatly detracted from the screen-heavy attraction.

If fully functioning the rats do tilt as well as 'tap' as you describe it. From memory it only happens twice, once when the window tilts in the first scene and once when you slide down the work surface in the penultimate scene.

SplashJacket

If fully functioning the rats do tilt as well as 'tap' as you describe it. From memory it only happens twice, once when the window tilts in the first scene and once when you slide down the work surface in the penultimate scene.

After looking at far too many videos I am even more uncertain. It is really hard to tell. From videos, the window tilt that I distinctly remember has not noticeably shown up anywhere. I believe I saw the vehicles tilt on the cheese grater but it is really hard to tell since there is not really much to base the movement on.

Like I said earlier I distinctly remember the tilting but it could just be my brain remembering the wrong thing.

My only confusion is why there would not be a tilt in the window scene if it does on the cheese grater. The expense would be in getting ride vehicles that have the ability to tilt. I am just confused about why they would not use it in that scene too.

In conclusion, I am more confused than before...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They should definitely put a copse of trees along the canal. Not so that they'd hide the building, but they'd hide the road and everything on the ground in front of the building. This would create a living wall of green blending into the artificial one.

Other than going back in time and deciding to put a themed facade on the back of the building, this would be the best they could do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom