News Tomorrowland love

_caleb

I wonder how they decide the order in which to remove all the baubles and bolt-ons? I actually think they're taking a nice approach to this. The smaller fins went before the erector-set beams, and now the larger fins are left, but at each stage, the overall look retains balance and doesn't look as unfinished as it would if they'd just started at one end and done a few yards' of work every night.

brihow

I wonder how they decide the order in which to remove all the baubles and bolt-ons? I actually think they're taking a nice approach to this. The smaller fins went before the erector-set beams, and now the larger fins are left, but at each stage, the overall look retains balance and doesn't look as unfinished as it would if they'd just started at one end and done a few yards' of work every night.
Totally agree. I also appreciate that they are doing this slowly without closing the people mover :)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Also i heard a rumor on Screamscape that a new concept that isn’t Wreck it Ralph is in the works to replace Stitch’s Great Escape. Any word on what it could be? @marni1971

Lance's site isn't exactly known for accurate Disney insider info but it is a fun read. (I enjoyed his armchair regarding the Speedway overlay)

I'd like to assume the Stitch rumor is true but the article is extremely light on details. It stands to reason that something will eventually happen to Stitch Great Escape and that a new IP or story line is in the works. Here's hoping we get more info on Stitch's future. Good to see it being discussed again. Hopefully we'll hear more details soon or in the very least a confirmation that something is happening.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

Have you been there? I was negative until I spent time there.

Yes. It’s a mess.

I was cautiously optimistic about Shangai’s Tomorrowland, until I visited. I found it to lack a sense of “place,” and instead sort-of resemble an airport or other largely-utilitarian public space.

One of Disney’s key design principles going back to 55 has been to make everything feel “human scale” (which makes it feel comfortable to spend time in the space), while practically everything in Shanghai’s Tomorrowland feels “oversized.”

Since they’ve brought the same Tron building to WDW, I’m concerned that they’ll try to shift the Tomorrowland aesthetic towards that “oversized” approach. But if they’re building upon Tomorrowland’s existing structures, maybe there will be more compromise instead.

KikoKea

We rode Space Mt several times last week, and it was odd- on some runs, we could feel the trim brakes repeatedly. Then, on the last few rides, hardly any. At one point, we were going so fast and with no brakes, I was actually concerned that something was wrong.

matt9112

We rode Space Mt several times last week, and it was odd- on some runs, we could feel the trim brakes repeatedly. Then, on the last few rides, hardly any. At one point, we were going so fast and with no brakes, I was actually concerned that something was wrong.

I think trim brakes only kick in based on weight as the heavier traines would be faster ? Somebody maybe @marni1971 said they were added after the fact due to track condition and cars going faster than they did before. I could be way off base though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom