News Disney Early Morning Magic to double the number of available attractions along with price increase

G00fyDad

If by this you mean Early Morning Magic (EMM) then yes. That has always been an upcharge event. Many people keep talking about/comparing to Extra Magic Hours (EMH) which were (and still are) provided at no extra charge to on property guests. In theory, EMM is much more limited in terms of guest numbers than EMH is, but also only offers a subset of rides.

Oh, okay. Thank you for clearing that up. I kept reading these posts and got more and more confused. LOL

clarabellej

Some people are capable of nuance. Not being upset by THIS decision does not mean that I'm "blindly loyal" no matter what.

Rafiki's closing: Affects me, makes me upset
Flights of Wonder changed to crap Up! show: Affects me, makes me upset
Date-specific pricing: Probably affects me but I don't know the details. Wait and see.
Early morning magic: Does not affect me in any way whatsoever. Couldn't care less.
Rafiki isn’t closing. IT will open up again Spring 2019

Lynne Moore

Some people are capable of nuance. Not being upset by THIS decision does not mean that I'm "blindly loyal" no matter what.

Date-specific pricing: Probably affects me but I don't know the details. Wait and see.
Early morning magic: Does not affect me in any way whatsoever. Couldn't care less.
Have you seen the new "UP" show? I heard it was great! I'll be there to see it in NOvember. Hopefully it's a positive!

tirian

Just crossed the $200 day line for what used to be included with a day's admission.
I guess they do toss in a mickey waffle with it.

Considering Disney chose to replace the old Mickey waffle irons with regular circular ones, that might be difficult to pull off — unless you’re talking about the premade Mickey waffles now served at the Plaza.

tirian

When was 7:45 AM ever included in "a day's admission" in the first week of December? Would "never" be accurate?

I think this thing is stupid and overpriced and I'd never do it myself, but acting like they're somehow ripping off the average guest who chooses not to participate is silly.

If you like this: Great for you! You get to spend money and get a thing you like. You win, Disney wins.
If you do not like this: Don't do it. It does not affect you in any what whatsoever. Literally nothing bad happens. This is neutral news.

This guy gets it.
Extra Magic Hours and necessary maintenance...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You know...I’m not interesting in beating this again...

But I do have to ask: you are aware that “nuance” goes both ways, correct?

While I agree fundamentally that patronizing this doesn’t outright affect others...you have to accept that patronizing this actually affects everyone else.

Disney is run by profit driven directives under the direction of people...who are inherently greedy.

Or are we now NOT being capitalist on this point?

Oh...I...see...

John park hopper

October is known for Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party--- It should also be know for Disney's October Scary Price Increases. EMM up $10, food and beverages prices up. More on the way

raymusiccity

I actually figured they'd raise the prices more than $10 given that a decent amount of attractions were being added. I have mixed feelings on this and the late-night After Hours events. Part of me would love to go and experience the attractions with no wait (especially at night). The other part feels like it's a money grab and that Disney is manipulating lines during the day to make these more attractive. There's a real pull between them at this point.
I agree, except if Disney keeps pushing in this direction, the real pull will shift over to not going to Disney World at all.😥

kes601

So, if you haven't noticed the EMM description for Fantasyland now no longer lists Peter Pan as being open. Hopefully this is an oversight, as if they increase the price $10 and don't open the 2nd longest wait time in Fantasyland for the event I find it ridiculous. We've done it a few times in the past and had found it fun, but for $89 a person now and having one less ride, no thanks.

pdude81

So, if you haven't noticed the EMM description for Fantasyland now no longer lists Peter Pan as being open. Hopefully this is an oversight, as if they increase the price $10 and don't open the 2nd longest wait time in Fantasyland for the event I find it ridiculous. We've done it a few times in the past and had found it fun, but for $89 a person now and having one less ride, no thanks.

Agreed. I've defended EMM but after taking away the buffet at PVH, adding a bunch of rides no one cares about to add capacity, and seemingly removing PP... not happening. This will go from a once per trip (we go 2-3x per year) to every couple years potentially to ride 7DMT a few times early in the trip.

It's been frustrating a few times though when PP was not running for EMM until halfway through. Perhaps they are just trying to stop having to give out a bunch of special fastpasses on top of the offering since it's down so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom