News Disney Early Morning Magic to double the number of available attractions along with price increase

Ripken10

I haven't kept up with this much, but at a quick glance I didn't quite get one thing. The Disney Early Morning Magic that starts on December 2nd says it is from 7:45 am to 10 am. But I also see the Magic Kingdom opens at 9 am on those days. So from 9 am to 10 am...are they only allowing those with Early Morning Magic to ride those rides listed?

Chomama

I haven't kept up with this much, but at a quick glance I didn't quite get one thing. The Disney Early Morning Magic that starts on December 2nd says it is from 7:45 am to 10 am. But I also see the Magic Kingdom opens at 9 am on those days. So from 9 am to 10 am...are they only allowing those with Early Morning Magic to ride those rides listed?
No. It has always ended at 10 AM. What happens is that from 9 to 10 AM cosmic rays will be closed and people can go in there and eat their breakfast if they have a wrist band.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just crossed the $200 day line for what used to be included with a day's admission.
I guess they do toss in a mickey waffle with it.
When was 7:45 AM ever included in "a day's admission" in the first week of December? Would "never" be accurate?

I think this thing is stupid and overpriced and I'd never do it myself, but acting like they're somehow ripping off the average guest who chooses not to participate is silly.

If you like this: Great for you! You get to spend money and get a thing you like. You win, Disney wins.
If you do not like this: Don't do it. It does not affect you in any what whatsoever. Literally nothing bad happens. This is neutral news.

None of those are going to get me to pay $79. But for those who dig it, enjoy.
This guy gets it.

dreamfinder

Pretty sure that encompasses the tail end of the breakfast. To maximize the cost you can basically crank out rides in that first hour 15 minutes, then you can stuff your face for another hour.

Chomama

We have done EMM a few times. The concern I have here is that by increasing the “offerings” they can justify selling more tickets and therefore EMM will be more crowded. Yet most will still head to SDMT and PP because the new additions aren’t high priority. Just a guess at what they are trying to do.

disneyflush

Theoretically on Dec 4, 2018:
Your family of 2 adults, 3 kids (ages 10, 6, and 3) can now visit WDW for 1 day, purchase Early Morning Magic, get a park hopper to check out another park or 2 (assuming you get most of what you want done in MK before 10 AM) for the 1 day price of $1,313,

1 day Regular ticket with Park Hopper:
3 (ages 10+) @ $174.00
2 (ages 3-9) @ $168.00
=$858.00 + $55.77 tax
=$913.77

Early Morning Magic
3 (ages 10+) @ $79
2 (ages 3-9) @ $69
=$375.00 + $24.38 tax
=$399.38
=$913.77 + $399.38

Total = $1,313.15

Not my cup of tea but each family can spend their money however they want.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The mantra of the blindly loyal everyone.
Some people are capable of nuance. Not being upset by THIS decision does not mean that I'm "blindly loyal" no matter what.

Rafiki's closing: Affects me, makes me upset
Flights of Wonder changed to crap Up! show: Affects me, makes me upset
Date-specific pricing: Probably affects me but I don't know the details. Wait and see.
Early morning magic: Does not affect me in any way whatsoever. Couldn't care less.

MaximumEd

I get the “if you don’t like it, don’t do it” thing, but I do have concerns that it further conditions guests to accept Disney selling the parks multiple times a day. Will they cut EMH and shorten regular park hours in favor of this? You bet they will.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I get the “if you don’t like it, don’t do it” thing, but I do have concerns that it further conditions guests to accept Disney selling the parks multiple times a day.
This isn't like MNSSHP or MVMCP. I don't know the exact numbers, but this is a tiny fraction of the guests. Taken as a whole, nobody is being conditioned into anything. Not to mention the fact that most guests are not super frequent visitors like the people who post here are. "Conditioning" them won't do Disney any good when you figure they're not going to be back for 5-10 years.

Will they cut EMH and shorten regular park hours in favor of this? You bet they will.
Wouldn't it make more sense to wait for them to actually do the thing than to be pre-mad at them for a thing you assume they're going to do?

danheaton

I actually figured they'd raise the prices more than $10 given that a decent amount of attractions were being added. I have mixed feelings on this and the late-night After Hours events. Part of me would love to go and experience the attractions with no wait (especially at night). The other part feels like it's a money grab and that Disney is manipulating lines during the day to make these more attractive. There's a real pull between them at this point.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I actually figured they'd raise the prices more than $10 given that a decent amount of attractions were being added. I have mixed feelings on this and the late-night After Hours events. Part of me would love to go and experience the attractions with no wait (especially at night). The other part feels like it's a money grab and that Disney is manipulating lines during the day to make these more attractive. There's a real pull between them at this point.

Agreed, I'm in-between on this as well.

In it's most extreme, paranoid thought process, it could mean that Disney is happy with building more low-capacity rides because people will pay extra for that access.

On the other hand, Fastpass+ is still free for now.

Tom P.

I'm with @CaptainAmerica. There are things Disney does that I am upset about. Closing Rafiki's Planet Watch is one of them, for example. But this just doesn't bother me.

It's not my cup of tea. My family and I are not morning people and not rope drop people. If you *paid me* $79 per person, I probably wouldn't show up at a park at 7:45 a.m. But, hey, I like being in the parks at midnight and other people don't. Whatever floats your boat.

So far as I can see, this is not impacting on my experience or the experience of other guests who don't buy it in any way. And, as @CaptainAmerica said, let's not get "pre-mad" at something Disney might do. Disney has been offering Early Morning Magic for over two years now. And so far, they have not cut park hours or Extra Magic Hours in any way to accommodate it. Maybe they will in the future and if they do, then I'll be upset. But let's not panic over something that, in two years, they show no sign of doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom