News Disney Early Morning Magic to double the number of available attractions along with price increase

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Disney has been offering Early Morning Magic for over two years now. And so far, they have not cut park hours or Extra Magic Hours in any way to accommodate it.
Not only that, but they've actually expanded to offer Extra Magic Hours every single day for months at a time to support the openings of Avatar and Toy Story Land. There was a stretch when Animal Kingdom was offering morning and evening EMH on a daily basis.

Tony the Tigger

I actually figured they'd raise the prices more than $10 given that a decent amount of attractions were being added. I have mixed feelings on this and the late-night After Hours events. Part of me would love to go and experience the attractions with no wait (especially at night). The other part feels like it's a money grab and that Disney is manipulating lines during the day to make these more attractive. There's a real pull between them at this point.

I think for me it would have to be all or most attractions open before I consider paying extra. At least including HM, Pirates, Jungle Cruise.

Just a few years ago, those were our favorites to do at night as walk-ons while others were into parades and fireworks. That plan doesn’t tend to work so well anymore.

dreamfinder

I actually figured they'd raise the prices more than $10 given that a decent amount of attractions were being added. I have mixed feelings on this and the late-night After Hours events. Part of me would love to go and experience the attractions with no wait (especially at night). The other part feels like it's a money grab and that Disney is manipulating lines during the day to make these more attractive. There's a real pull between them at this point.

I wouldn't be shocked if the numbers of tickets sold for this increased. Anyone able to speak to current numbers/sell out rate? The amount of open time stays the same, so it's not like the number of rides you can actually experience in that time increased. So a slight increase combined with additional tickets for sale offsets any increase in staffing costs.

Lensman

My family and I are not morning people and not rope drop people. If you *paid me* $79 per person, I probably wouldn't show up at a park at 7:45 a.m. But, hey, I like being in the parks at midnight and other people don't. Whatever floats your boat.

I agree in spirit, but if anyone wants to pay me the $79 to do this, let me know.

(Heck, I'll take the $69!)

Does anyone other that @Chomama have an opinion about the actual change? I guess it would make sense for the guest who doesn't want to ride 7DMT, Pooh, and Peter Pan more than once, but I'm not sure if that's a big set of people.

winstongator

Theoretically on Dec 4, 2018:
Your family of 2 adults, 3 kids (ages 10, 6, and 3) can now visit WDW for 1 day, purchase Early Morning Magic, get a park hopper to check out another park or 2 (assuming you get most of what you want done in MK before 10 AM) for the 1 day price of $1,313,

1 day Regular ticket with Park Hopper:
3 (ages 10+) @ $174.00
2 (ages 3-9) @ $168.00
=$858.00 + $55.77 tax
=$913.77

Early Morning Magic
3 (ages 10+) @ $79
2 (ages 3-9) @ $69
=$375.00 + $24.38 tax
=$399.38
=$913.77 + $399.38

Total = $1,313.15

Not my cup of tea but each family can spend their money however they want.
I had a friend & his family do one day at Universal. Got their peak price 2-park ticket + express pass. He only has 2 kids, so it was probably over $1200. They had one day and wanted to make the most out of it. He said they loved it, and while there was sticker shock, he got over it.

Club Cooloholic

No. It has always ended at 10 AM. What happens is that from 9 to 10 AM cosmic rays will be closed and people can go in there and eat their breakfast if they have a wrist band.
So they are paying 70 dollars for an extra hour in the park and breakfast? It's nice that they send all those people who bought it right to breakfast as the rest of us plebs file in, nice and out of our way.

Club Cooloholic

I get the “if you don’t like it, don’t do it” thing, but I do have concerns that it further conditions guests to accept Disney selling the parks multiple times a day. Will they cut EMH and shorten regular park hours in favor of this? You bet they will.
Exactly, I remember a decade ago, the park was open later all the time, even on weekends, now you best have some sort of event ticket to make it happen.

Kman101

Get this. I think Toy Story Land looks like trash. It's an All Star Sports-caliber land inside a Walt Disney World theme park. Borderline embarrassing. I also dislike Rivers of Light and that goofy Star Wars fireworks show at Hollywood Studios.

Amazing how we're capable of liking and disliking things based on their merits and not just blindly loving or hating everything.

pvtim

Who are these families able to get their kids out the door by 7am and wanting to pay extra for the "convenience" lol!
Families like mine...My teenage son and I would rope drop and stay until close...She who must be obeyed prefers to meander in around 2 and leave for dinner and pool time at 7...my son and I have gotten used to our 5 hour park days!!!!

My son and I went this last July -got on close to 30 rides,and my son ate two full breakfasts by the time we left at 10:30. For us money well spent and my wife got an extra 3 hours of sleep. It was a win all around for our family (Disney might have taken a bath on my son's appetite).

LSLS

When was 7:45 AM ever included in "a day's admission" in the first week of December? Would "never" be accurate?

I think this thing is stupid and overpriced and I'd never do it myself, but acting like they're somehow ripping off the average guest who chooses not to participate is silly.

If you like this: Great for you! You get to spend money and get a thing you like. You win, Disney wins.
If you do not like this: Don't do it. It does not affect you in any what whatsoever. Literally nothing bad happens. This is neutral news.

Well, first few weeks in December was always 9AM, and one to two times a week the EMH were at Magic Kingdom (which still happens, correct? Meaning that is not really being impacted).

I don't disagree with you though. The only way you can really consider it a rip off of the average guest is if during the day they are cutting down on the max capacities of the attractions/artificially inflating the standby times (so in other words, it probably is a rip off to the average guest).

MaryJaneP

Are we the only ones who see that everyone on these boards should be encouraging others to "buy" these because it may mean less people waiting in lines later in the day as they have "already" ridden these attractions? Caveat emptor.

Calmdownnow

Does anyone other that @Chomama have an opinion about the actual change?
The big advantage of this new offering is that it moves the rope. Under the existing system the early morning magic people are held at park opening near to Winnie the Pooh and have a similar walk to Space Mountain as those waiting by the castle. This new offering moves the invisible rope for early morning magic people to Cosmic Rays which is half the distance to travel compared to the normal entry people. Anyone doing EMM will be able to be first in line at Space mountain, then head off to do Buzz Lightyear while waits are still at 5 minutes and still have 30 minutes to double back to Starlight Ray's for breakfast.

Edit: That's an extra $10 for a couple more EMM rides and getting first in the queue for Space Mountain.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom