News Disney Early Morning Magic to double the number of available attractions along with price increase

joejccva71

We did the EMM back in May of this year and it was the biggest waste IMO. It could be because it was pouring rain so it made riding SDMT multiple times a hassle. It just wasn't all that special to be honest.

Animaniac93-98

Are we the only ones who see that everyone on these boards should be encouraging others to "buy" these because it may mean less people waiting in lines later in the day as they have "already" ridden these attractions? Caveat emptor.

Magic Kingdom sees 50,000+ people a day on average.

A few hundred paying to do this will have zero impact on wait times during regular hours.

HoneyBee1991

I feel like the early morning magic has a bigger draw for me than the after hours events now that they added the princesses. I like Disney rides, don't get me wrong but I go for the characters, cast members and atmosphere. I wouldn't want to shell out that much cash for "just rides."

But because $79 is so close to $100 and we go during the fall or winter seasons, I'd rather just put the money towards a night time holiday party. But if I ever decide to go in the late winter or spring, I would 100% fork up the cash for this. I'm not super anxious in most crowds but high volume Disney days make me uncomfortable. It would be worth it to me to be able to enjoy an uncrowded Magic Kingdom.

But this change does make me feel like I have to add one more step to my planning process. If this becomes more popular or if Disney is selling more tickets to each event because of the additions, it would eliminate Sunday and Tuesday rope drops for me. I would have to double check each trip I plan to make sure I'm not trying to rope drop M.K. on a day where people are already in line for the Mine Train or something similar. Add that to trying to avoid hotel extra magic morning hours and you are left with very limited days for an "uncrowded" M.K. morning.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would think this would apply more to people who aren't staying at a Disney resort and don't, therefor, have access to EMHs. People staying at Disney Resorts are already paying a hidden fee for access to the transportation bubble and EMHs. The savings they enjoy can be used for this event.

The other way to look at it is that it is basically paid FPs. If you didn't get FP for the most coveted rides, you save three hours worth of waiting in lines and getting to basically walk on these rides as much as you want.

I do agree it's overpriced if it's not true EMH and only for Fantasy Land.

Jon81uk

Just crossed the $200 day line for what used to be included with a day's admission.
I guess they do toss in a mickey waffle with it.

Has 7:45am admission even been standard? I know major peak times has 8am openings but slower season has always been a 9am opening.

$79 for an extra hour plus breakfast is a lot of money, but I don't think it is taking away from regular park offerings.

winstongator

I would think this would apply more to people who aren't staying at a Disney resort and don't, therefor, have access to EMHs. People staying at Disney Resorts are already paying a hidden fee for access to the transportation bubble and EMHs. The savings they enjoy can be used for this event.

The other way to look at it is that it is basically paid FPs. If you didn't get FP for the most coveted rides, you save three hours worth of waiting in lines and getting to basically walk on these rides as much as you want.

I do agree it's overpriced if it's not true EMH and only for Fantasy Land.
Agree that it’s like buying fp. However the only attraction that is very difficult to get is 7dmt. I also agree that on-property guests have “paid” for emh and 60 day fp booking (not sure I’d stay on-prop w/o that). Built in express pass drove our choice of hotels when we went to Universal, and I definitely costed that in and made an expensive room seem a lot better value. for some guests the time saved with express pass and this is extremely valuable.

teknochica

Please forgive me for still being confused with all of this, I am not as "seasoned" as some others in here that have been to Disney a lot more times than me! LOL But if my family and I were planning on going to MK at rope drop, and planned on heading straight for some of these rides, like Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh etc. will we be turned away because these rides are only available to the guests who paid for this extra morning magic ticket? We are going to Disney soon and our plan was go to MK at rope drop, head over to Fantasyland to try and get these rides in w/o a FastPass and save our FastPasses for later on in the day. Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated! TIA! :)

pvtim

Please forgive me for still being confused with all of this, I am not as "seasoned" as some others in here that have been to Disney a lot more times than me! LOL But if my family and I were planning on going to MK at rope drop, and planned on heading straight for some of these rides, like Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh etc. will we be turned away because these rides are only available to the guests who paid for this extra morning magic ticket? We are going to Disney soon and our plan was go to MK at rope drop, head over to Fantasyland to try and get these rides in w/o a FastPass and save our FastPasses for later on in the day. Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated! TIA! :)

You will be fine. The experience being discussed is from 7:45-9:00 for exclusive use of the rides mentioned then from 9-10 the only exclusive part is the breakfast at Cosmic Ray's. You will be able to rope drop any of the rides in the park at 9.

teknochica

You will be fine. The experience being discussed is from 7:45-9:00 for exclusive use of the rides mentioned then from 9-10 the only exclusive part is the breakfast at Cosmic Ray's. You will be able to rope drop any of the rides in the park at 9.
Thank you for this info!!!! Good to know! :)

Rue D'Baga

Hi all, first post after being a lurker for a long time. I'm chiming in because I'm a weirdo who actually really enjoyed EMM and didn't mind paying the price while it seems many people here didn't actually experience it.

Yeah, it's a paid event that is technically a cash-grab. However, I think it was at least a fun cash-grab. I enjoyed riding 7DMT and Peter Pan as many times as I could for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Plus, the breakfast was actually decent, they kept ticket #'s low, and it freed you up to be able to rope drop something outside of Fantasyland.

Will I do it again now that it's $10 more? Considering that the only other ride I'd go on would be Small World, probably not. I can see families totally going for this though with the addition of Princess Fairytale Hall. I also have a feeling that Disney will greatly increase the number of tickets sold, which would kill part of the magic.

Obviously I hope Disney doesn't cut other things (like EMH) due to this event. I highly doubt it, but that's probably too optimistic. But it was a fun event, and I'm sad that the price has gone up.

Club Cooloholic

Just because someone has the right to do something, does not make it right to do it. Often people defend these practices as Disney just maximizing profits and shame on you if you fall for it, but isn't that kinda sad? Can't we expect more from the mouse? We are all savvy Disney folks here, but you know there has to be a percentage of folks that buy this thing thinking its necessary and then walk away feeling duped. Where is the expression of grandpa in their commercials after he just realizes he spent a few hundred on a few b list rides and crappy breakfast. Feel the magic!

Unplugged

One thing I have not seen, is the explanation of how this event terminates. With the parties, you have to wear a wristband to get in and stay, which makes sense as those non-band folks get cleared out when the party starts. Here, the event is pre-opening. So, do you have to have a full day park entry on top of this EMM? It makes no sense to wrist band it as you could take the band off when it's over and not leave. I'm not suggesting that, just playing out scenarios trying to figure out how the pull this off. EMH is simply them opening the doors earlier to certain guests. How is this EMM played out?

HoneyBee1991

Thank you for this info!!!! Good to know! :)

What Pvtim said is correct. But if you rope drop on an EMM day, when you get to those rides in fantasy land don't be surprised to see there are still people from the event there. It will make the lines slightly longer than they would be on a non EMM day.

Last edited:

Andrew M

I don't think it's all that terrible. The average cost of a sit down breakfast for a family of 4 at WDW with tax and tip is somewhere around $140-50ish. So after that it comes out to about $40/person for an hour and 15 minutes of basically those rides to yourself. If used in conjunction with a park hopper and taking advantage of using your 3 fast passes elsewhere, I can see where people see it being worth it. Especially when your kids are really into the rides and knocking out as many as possible in a day.

Club Cooloholic

I don't think it's all that terrible. The average cost of a sit down breakfast for a family of 4 at WDW with tax and tip is somewhere around $140-50ish. So after that it comes out to about $40/person for an hour and 15 minutes of basically those rides to yourself. If used in conjunction with a park hopper and taking advantage of using your 3 fast passes elsewhere, I can see where people see it being worth it. Especially when your kids are really into the rides and knocking out as many as possible in a day.
If your talking a character breakfast, but this sounds more like a breakfast buffet you get at holiday inn Express

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom