News Disney Early Morning Magic to double the number of available attractions along with price increase

Andrew M

If your talking a character breakfast, but this sounds more like a breakfast buffet you get at holiday inn Express

Judging from the pics of atleast the current version, the food itself doesn't look all that different from what's offered at a character breakfast.

Club Cooloholic

Judging from the pics of atleast the current version, the food itself doesn't look all that different from what's offered at a character breakfast.
Which I guess is your point. I dont care if people go for it but it's a pretty bad value if for nothing else you have to get up at least by 7 am to enjoy it

pdude81

One thing I have not seen, is the explanation of how this event terminates. With the parties, you have to wear a wristband to get in and stay, which makes sense as those non-band folks get cleared out when the party starts. Here, the event is pre-opening. So, do you have to have a full day park entry on top of this EMM? It makes no sense to wrist band it as you could take the band off when it's over and not leave. I'm not suggesting that, just playing out scenarios trying to figure out how the pull this off. EMH is simply them opening the doors earlier to certain guests. How is this EMM played out?
This is an add-on and while it allows earlier entry, you still need a park ticket to get in.

note2001

One thing I have not seen, is the explanation of how this event terminates. With the parties, you have to wear a wristband to get in and stay, which makes sense as those non-band folks get cleared out when the party starts. Here, the event is pre-opening. So, do you have to have a full day park entry on top of this EMM? It makes no sense to wrist band it as you could take the band off when it's over and not leave. I'm not suggesting that, just playing out scenarios trying to figure out how the pull this off. EMH is simply them opening the doors earlier to certain guests. How is this EMM played out?
"The newly expanded Disney Early Morning Magic offering will take place from 7:45am to 10am on select Sundays and Tuesdays beginning December 2. Admission is available for $79 per adult and $69 per child (tax not included). Regular theme park admission is also required. "
- copied from https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/disney-early-morning-magic/news/26sep2018-disney-early-morning-magic-to-double-the-number-of-available-attractions.htm

They'll be scanning to make sure everyone has a valid ticket for the day as well as the EMM.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

We've been to this several times, just so my wife and I can ride 7D over and over... we managed 9 times in a row and then peter pan's flight before 9am two weeks ago.

The logistics are simple: This is an extra cost over the price of admission, so you need a valid admission for the day plus a EMM reservation paid in advance. You get wristbanded to the left of the entrance from a list, then when its 7:30-ish (was more like 7:45 for us) they allow you inside where you proceed to the hub and then frontierland bridge for another check off for either breakfast (you have a card) or wristband. You can ride all you want until 9am using the FP+ entrances. At 9 the day guests are admitted and you'd have to go through the standby. Thats when we go to breakfast.

pdude81

When I read that they added more rides for a tiny price increase, I see that as more capacity (and therefore more guests competing to ride 7DMT and PP). We used to do this once per trip but if they water down the experience it won't be worthwhile.

rreading

We've been to this several times, just so my wife and I can ride 7D over and over... we managed 9 times in a row and then peter pan's flight before 9am two weeks ago.

The logistics are simple: This is an extra cost over the price of admission, so you need a valid admission for the day plus a EMM reservation paid in advance. You get wristbanded to the left of the entrance from a list, then when its 7:30-ish (was more like 7:45 for us) they allow you inside where you proceed to the hub and then frontierland bridge for another check off for either breakfast (you have a card) or wristband. You can ride all you want until 9am using the FP+ entrances. At 9 the day guests are admitted and you'd have to go through the standby. Thats when we go to breakfast.

Were our children still 2 and 6, we would probably be doing this each trip, especially given how crowded the parks have become most of the year. It's absurd for us to consider paying the amount Disney charges for the VIP tours from attraction to attraction, but a more reasonable amount to also open up 3 fast passes for other rides later with the majority of the toddler headliners done? Sold in a minute. Breakfast as well? Great!

Get up early with the kids. Have fun for a while. Go back to swim/lunch/rest, then back later. Sounds like a perfect day back then (but with a 9yo and 13yo, we don't roll that way anymore).

Used to try to get this done at rope drop back in the day (worked well at DL), but things get busy quickly at WDW these days.

eliza61nyc

Hi all, first post after being a lurker for a long time. I'm chiming in because I'm a weirdo who actually really enjoyed EMM and didn't mind paying the price while it seems many people here didn't actually experience it.

Yeah, it's a paid event that is technically a cash-grab. However, I think it was at least a fun cash-grab. I enjoyed riding 7DMT and Peter Pan as many times as I could for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Plus, the breakfast was actually decent, they kept ticket #'s low, and it freed you up to be able to rope drop something outside of Fantasyland.

Will I do it again now that it's $10 more? Considering that the only other ride I'd go on would be Small World, probably not. I can see families totally going for this though with the addition of Princess Fairytale Hall. I also have a feeling that Disney will greatly increase the number of tickets sold, which would kill part of the magic.

Obviously I hope Disney doesn't cut other things (like EMH) due to this event. I highly doubt it, but that's probably too optimistic. But it was a fun event, and I'm sad that the price has gone up.
)
Just because someone has the right to do something, does not make it right to do it. Often people defend these practices as Disney just maximizing profits and shame on you if you fall for it, but isn't that kinda sad? Can't we expect more from the mouse? We are all savvy Disney folks here, but you know there has to be a percentage of folks that buy this thing thinking its necessary and then walk away feeling duped. Where is the expression of grandpa in their commercials after he just realizes he spent a few hundred on a few b list rides and crappy breakfast. Feel the magic!
I sorta kinda agree, Disney first and foremost is a business. Its not a non profit. There job imo is to supply a good product and maximize profits. There is no "shame" simply because you have a choice. No one is forcing folks to accept anything they consider inferior.
Now I am a shareholder. Disney stock is a part of my retirement portfolio. I did not give them a chunk of change to feel "warm and fuzzy", I gave it to them to deliver me a ROI. I expect Disney to offer a product the consumer will buy at the most profit they can.
If the consumers feel this is some thing worth while to purchase at that price point I expect Disney to charge it.

I know that it can be frustrating when we see a decrease in quality but i do think it's a fine line business have to walk

I also disagree about Grandpa, grandpa is there for his grandkids, hes traveled, he already KNOWS that vacation destinations are ridiculous priced. He's there to see the joy on his grandbabies face, grandma is the gal who spends 500 bucks on biddie bobbie boutique to have her grandbaby dress as a princess.

I mean no goes to Cinderellas castle for the breakfast, most do it for the experience of eating with Cindy. The food ain't that good

Last edited:

disneyflush

Hi all, first post after being a lurker for a long time. I'm chiming in because I'm a weirdo who actually really enjoyed EMM and didn't mind paying the price while it seems many people here didn't actually experience it.

Yeah, it's a paid event that is technically a cash-grab. However, I think it was at least a fun cash-grab. I enjoyed riding 7DMT and Peter Pan as many times as I could for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Plus, the breakfast was actually decent, they kept ticket #'s low, and it freed you up to be able to rope drop something outside of Fantasyland.

Will I do it again now that it's $10 more? Considering that the only other ride I'd go on would be Small World, probably not. I can see families totally going for this though with the addition of Princess Fairytale Hall. I also have a feeling that Disney will greatly increase the number of tickets sold, which would kill part of the magic.

Obviously I hope Disney doesn't cut other things (like EMH) due to this event. I highly doubt it, but that's probably too optimistic. But it was a fun event, and I'm sad that the price has gone up.

This is a good post. Welcome to posting.

I think I underestimate the perspective difference between solo visitors (or 2 in a visiting party) versus families like mine where its 2 adults and 3 kids (where the eldest is a Disney adult). Each price hike I read about gets multiplied by 5 in my head where someone who will visit solo sees a $10 price hike as a $10 price hike. I do accept that a lot of these events and upcharges will never appeal to me based on the math of having a large family but I should also do a better job putting myself in a solo travelers shoes when I see new things announced.

Club Cooloholic

)
I sorta kinda agree, Disney first and foremost is a business. Its not a non profit. There job imo is to supply a good product and maximize profits. There is no "shame" simply because you have a choice. No one is forcing folks to accept anything they consider inferior.
Now I am a shareholder. Disney stock is a part of my retirement portfolio. I did not give them a chunk of change to feel "warm and fuzzy", I gave it to them to deliver me a ROI. I expect Disney to offer a product the consumer will buy at the most profit they can.
If the consumers feel this is some thing worth while to purchase at that price point I expect Disney to charge it.

I know that it can be frustrating when we see a decrease in quality but i do think it's a fine line business have to walk
It is a fine line, but there are people who will walk away from that feeling ripped off, but then again we got people paying the same price for apple juice and 2 dollar cakes just so they can have a better view of fireworks, and they keep on doing it! And the there was a time many moons ago I am sure when a character breakfast first started that people thought that was ridiculous. And it kinda is at current prices but still my family goes lol

Rue D'Baga

This is a good post. Welcome to posting.

I think I underestimate the perspective difference between solo visitors (or 2 in a visiting party) versus families like mine where its 2 adults and 3 kids (where the eldest is a Disney adult). Each price hike I read about gets multiplied by 5 in my head where someone who will visit solo sees a $10 price hike as a $10 price hike. I do accept that a lot of these events and upcharges will never appeal to me based on the math of having a large family but I should also do a better job putting myself in a solo travelers shoes when I see new things announced.

Thanks. Yeah, I realize my perspective is skewed...as a solo-traveller, a $10 increase is kinda a shrug. I can't imagine throwing 4 more people into that number.

disneyflush

Thanks. Yeah, I realize my perspective is skewed...as a solo-traveller, a $10 increase is kinda a shrug. I can't imagine throwing 4 more people into that number.

I hear ya. I wouldn't trade it for the world but paying for most anything (dinner, tuition, clothes, shoes, etc.) is definitely sobering.

Club Cooloholic

Ahhh yes didn't think of that! good tip thank you!! :)
One thing...maybe just maybe these folks then wont be riding those rides so i would guess it really doesnt effect the lines much at all, especially if they are sitting down eating for that first hour the rest of us are entering the park

dreamfinder

Have they always charged for this? Did I just not notice it before because we stayed on property?

If by this you mean Early Morning Magic (EMM) then yes. That has always been an upcharge event. Many people keep talking about/comparing to Extra Magic Hours (EMH) which were (and still are) provided at no extra charge to on property guests. In theory, EMM is much more limited in terms of guest numbers than EMH is, but also only offers a subset of rides.

Why isn’t Frontierland, Adventureland, and Haunted Mansion included in this list? :mad:

Because Fantasyland is where the little kids want to spend most of their time. And mommy/daddy are much more likely to drop some extra cash to ensure they get rides done there. Expanding the scope creates logistical problems, and further cuts down on the amount of overnight cleaning/maintenance time the rest of the park gets.

Patcheslee

I actually see this as a possible positive for me. DD10 is use to being up at 5am for school so last vacation she was up and dressed by maybe 6-6:30 each morning. DH on the other hand is another story so we end up hitting at RD or later with a kid bouncing off the walls. I'd be willing to spend the $ for one day of this, me and her hit up the event for some together time then DH meet us afterward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom