Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

rsm

Its hard to imagine that their solution to "there is not enough OT here" would be to build a ride based on the signature action scene from TPM.

Don't get me wrong I think it would be a fun ride - but probably not likely for a while.

Surferboy567

Its hard to imagine that their solution to "there is not enough OT here" would be to build a ride based on the signature action scene from TPM.

....This isn’t their answer to that, this is their answer to “their isn’t enough things to do in the land” or “MFSR isn’t fun”. This ride was (obviously) decided on before the OT backlash hit.

RSoxNo1

The GMA spot mentioned 50 Storm Troopers. The West World sequence alone seems to have more than that, yet nobody has mentioned movement.

When you consider the R5 units at the front of each vehicle there could potentially be upwards of 80-100 AAs in the attraction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’d imagine they want as much of the actual ride as possible to be a surprise....

That doesn't make much sense to me when talking about a theme park ride. It will only be a surprise to the first 1000 guests or so until the videos and descriptions leak out. It's not like a movie where the bulk of the people who really care about it will see in the first two weeks.

SWGalaxysEdge

Ride news - for what its worth. I asked about ride capacity.
  • There are 38 total ride cars (38 in CA, 38 in FL - just for clarification)
  • There can be 36 cars in "show space" at one time (8 riders x 36 cars = 288 riders at once)
  • Cars/riders will only briefly see each other when loading and unloading, but not during the ride.
  • CA has about 28 more cars to convert to ADA. 3rd shift has been dragging. FL is further behind. (obviously)

RSoxNo1

• There can be 36 cars in "show space" at one time (8 riders x 36 cars = 288 riders at once)
  • Cars/riders will only briefly see each other when loading and unloading, but not during the ride.
  • CA has about 28 more cars to convert to ADA. 3rd shift has been dragging. FL is further behind. (obviously)
Are the West World Storm Troopers all AAs?

Mickeyboof

Any word on the operation of the ride? Can the show function yet without shutting down?

SWGalaxysEdge

Are the West World Storm Troopers all AAs?

The 50 or so in the hangar? From what I saw, yes but they have movement and they are different heights too. By movement I mean they have a little sway like a person would, standing in one place for a long period of time. I've also been told I can post a cool picture of them on Sunday after the Freeform TV special. Disney is cracking down a little more as it gets closer. As expected.

NoFunInBand

By movement I mean they have a little sway like a person would, standing in one place for a long period of time.

I was wondering about that because if they're supposed to be standing at attention it'd almost be better if they weren't animatronics and just still figures. But slight movements like that could make them look at attention and lifelike at the same time.

Now I'm gonna be staring at the stormtroopers instead of absorbing the room as the First Order whisks me away, lol.

SWGalaxysEdge

Do you have an official list of the animatronics we will see on the ride?

I don't have an "official" one, but here's what I am aware of (anyone else can feel free to add or correct me)
  • BB-8 (caves in the queue)
  • Nien Nunb (driving the ITS shuttle)
  • First Order troops (main hangar)
  • Kylo Ren (3 different places I believe)
  • Your ride vehicle droid (every ride vehicle)
  • Mon Calamari - not Ackbar (end of the ride)

SWGalaxysEdge

I was wondering about that because if they're supposed to be standing at attention it'd almost be better if they weren't animatronics and just still figures. But slight movements like that could make them look at attention and lifelike at the same time.

Now I'm gonna be staring at the stormtroopers instead of absorbing the room as the First Order whisks me away, lol.

..when the GMA special was on yesterday I was watching them in the background. I don't think they had them moving.

SWGalaxysEdge

Will the free form special give us more details?

..I hope so, but I honestly would be surprised. Kaley Cuoco is supposed to be visiting the ride during the special.
I did get this image today of the special being edited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom