Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Surferboy567

1 ride is your best land

Their are 2 rides in Galaxy’s Edge...and if Rise is amazing they will both be among the best in WDW

EDIT: Oh, and no one had a problem with Pandora having one ride that wasn’t as good as the E Ticket

EDIT 2: This is also coming from someone who thinks flight of passage is the greatest ride I’ve ever ridden.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

EDIT: Oh, and no one had a problem with Pandora having one ride that wasn’t as good as the E Ticket
People complained when Diagon Alley opened and had one ride that was exclusive to it and 13 stores, but now that Galaxy's Edge temporarily has one, Diagon Alley is suddenly full of endless attractions and experiences included with admission.

_caleb

I have to wonder what Disney's takeaway would be if it turned out that they saw the success they were looking for in Galaxy's Edge once Rise of the Resistance opens -- do you think they'd finally get the memo that the things people really get jazzed about in a theme park are exceptional rides?

Not that I want the parks to be devoid of other types of experiences, but . . . the thing that gets me to spend more money while I'm at Walt Disney World isn't being given the chance to spend more money, it's being given the chance to commemorate an experience that swept me off my feet. Which is why 50 years later people will still spend big bucks on Haunted Mansion merchandise.

How many of those Banshee Puppets do you guys think Pandora would sell if they hadn't built Flight of Passage?
Seems like you're trying some reverse psychology on Zenia's crew...

Surferboy567

Thanks! I would love it if the podracing ride uses the same ride system Universal is making.

I‘m sure that would be a great ride system...but you know what I think of and hear me out...Radiator Springs Racers. Imagine a racers on steroids where the cars are pod racers and zip around the track at crazy speeds...maybe Mario kart system will be better (it probably would be) but that’s a decent alternative.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I‘m sure that would be a great ride system...but you know what I think of and hear me out...Radiator Springs Racers. Imagine a racers on steroids where the cars are pod racers and zip around the track at crazy speeds...maybe Mario kart system will be better (it probably would be) but that’s a decent alternative.
That would be awesome! They could even have other podracers race against you that would feature animatronic aliens.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

Pod racers aren’t on wheels that touch the ground though. The Tatooine sequence in Star Tours is probably as good as it’s going to get.

Surferboy567

My hype for this attraction is at an all time high. I seriously think if this is such a game changer it could be the best attraction in all of WDW. It will also change the dynamic (hopefully) in Galaxy’s Edge.

ToTBellHop

My hype for this attraction is at an all time high. I seriously think if this is such a game changer it could be the best attraction in all of WDW. It will also change the dynamic (hopefully) in Galaxy’s Edge.
It had better. Personally I plan to judge it at face value: as a ride. Not as a “they finally built a massive Star Wars ride that must show everything I’ve loved about Star Wars since I was a zygote!” I try to use the same attitude toward Harry Potter rides as I am a huge fan of the novels and films. I don’t need a ride to imagine what the world looks like, but a fun ride with some familiar characters and creatures is a trip.

That’s been my feeling toward MFSR. I think it’s a fun simulator, the queue has outstanding theming, and the fact that I recognize the Falcon and some characters is gravy. IP matters less to me than the actual ride experience.

Surferboy567

IP matters less to me than the actual ride experience.

With all the multiple parts of this attraction...it could really redefine what an e-ticket is. It is definitely fair though to judge it as an attraction but for myself admittedly, that’s going to be quite hard. I just hope this can turn around the narrative of Galaxy’s Edge...I seriously love the land (yes it’s not perfect) but it definitely isn’t as bad as people say. Even if it doesn’t...Galaxy’s edge (assuming Rise is incredible) will have two of the best rides on WDW property.

ToTBellHop

With all the multiple parts of this attraction...it could really redefine what an e-ticket is. It is definitely fair though to judge it as an attraction but for myself admittedly, that’s going to be quite hard. I just hope this can turn around the narrative of Galaxy’s Edge...I seriously love the land (yes it’s not perfect) but it definitely isn’t as bad as people say. Even if it doesn’t...Galaxy’s edge (assuming Rise is incredible) will have two of the best rides on WDW property.
It should be viewed as an outstanding land when complete. I honestly don’t understand the early negativity. I guess I’m a pixie-dust snorting, company-defending fanboy.

I liked MFSR, Oga’s, and Docking Bay. 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom