Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Surferboy567

Any footage online yet?

No but I can give a cliff notes version to the best of my ability.

Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo all feature

Rey is the first resistance member you come into contact with (I assume in the queue) we saw daisy film a scene with dialogue along the lines of “Poe will be your wingman as you go to a secret meeting with Leia”.

Rey also says Finn has also went undercover on the star destroyer that you later get caught on.

Finn has dialogue around the lines of “Get to your escape pods the droids are programmed to go back to Batuu”

Poe is up to his X-Wing tricks

The stormtroopers with the blasters were all done via mo-cap

Blaster shots are practical, holograms also featured (according to Chapek)

15 minutes long (according to Chapek)

LOTS OF AA’s (Kylo is one)

This is the super cliff notes version. The segment probably lasted around 15 minutes it was a great special I recommend watching it.

Surferboy567

It’s on Freeform again! Right now they are about to go into the rise segment! In probably around 10 mins. I tapped it so I’ll be able to dissect it.

SWGalaxysEdge

The image of Finn from RotR... (credit: Freeform)

SWGalaxysEdge

Was there anything new on last nights show?

..for me, no. Depends on how much someone knows - they really didnt give away much. I thought GMA showed more. They did show some green screen work with Rey and Poe in his X-Wing (but I posted about that a long time ago) - They did show Finn filming his scene for the end escape.
Here's a link to the RotR stuff. ->

mergatroid

There is no way the 15 minutes is the actual main ride portion. Could that be starting the timer at boarding the shuttle as that’s the first “ride system”

I'm not sure but does it matter if that's the time for the 'experience'? As long as they're not counting the queue time it shouldn't matter really in my opinion. For instance it appears you walk into the opening scene where the storm troopers are all stood and surely that's part of the ride? Are we discounting that as we're not in the actual ride vehicle at that point? It might well (or probably does) include the 'flight' into space, but again at that point the 'experience' has began anyway so if it is in the 15 minutes so what. If it's an enjoyable 15 mins then personally that's what I'm after as that's 15 mins of entertainment.

Last edited:

cohaco

So having thought about it for a while, I think that rise will be immensely popular and well received because it revolves around the world and the experience of the ride rather than the character. Let's take a few recent examples: flight of passage, despite having forgotten characters and being based around an old movie, is hugely popular and is and incredible experience. Why ? because it's based on the world, one that is very well built by the avatar movie, it also focuses on it's experience by creating stunning visuals and top notch simulation. Let's take yet another recent example: hagrid's is also an amazing ride and is also very well received and again while hagrid is a popular character he is no voldemort or harry and he is certainly not the front and center of every corner of the ride, instead the focus is on the wizarding world and its creatures, again the ride also focuses on providing an amazing experience by having top notch theming, several animatronics and an awesome coaster and ride vehicles. Now let's take a bad example and that would be focusing on the character. MF does this and you may say: But wait there are no big characters in that ride ? well, the falcon itself is the character and the ride is centered around the fact that you get to pilot the falcon, it doesn't showcase the world of star wars that well and the ride experience is a regular simulator with interactivity, granted that's fun and i for one like MF:SR but it's not the main e-ticket a star wars land needs. It doesn't showcase the world, then the guest get's out and expects to experience THAT world in the land itself, which doesn't happen because it's a new planet ( which i think is a good idea ) and now he's disappointed by the whole thing. It's a domino effect and an incomplete mosaic but it should be fixed with rise of the resistance since by all means this ride focuses HEAVILY on the ride experience and the world and "feeling" of star wars.

mergatroid

We've known from insiders long ago that the 'ride' part of the attraction was anywhere from 5-7 minutes and there are extensive and impressive pre-show elements making the attraction 12-15 minutes long.

Stop clutching your pearls in faux shock.

Maybe they were outraged that Universe of Energy was 40 odd minutes in length but only part of that consisted of movement? :)

thequeuelinelectures

I'm not sure but does it matter if that's the time for the 'experience'? As long as they're not counting the queue time it shouldn't matter really in my opinion. For instance it appears you walk into the opening scene where the storm troopers are all stood and surely that's part of the ride? Are we discounting that as we're not in the actual ride vehicle at that point? It might well (or probably does) include the 'flight' into space, but again at that point the 'experience' has began anyway so if it is in the 15 minutes so what. If it's an enjoyable 15 mins then personally that's what I'm after as that's 15 mins of entertainment.

No I don’t care, I’m totally fine with the length of it and I think it’s fair to count the preshows here because they are super integral to the experience. I just wanted to restate that our insiders here are totally right, the main ride portion is 5-7 minutes, and that this doesn’t change anything

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom