The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

I know I will be drawn and quartered for this, but I have absolutely NO PICTURES. I guess everyone will have to use their imagination to picture it.
You wouldn't be. It was been years since pictures were taken at WDW from anyone I am with. I never took pictures at Seaworld for my 2 times there and my only time at Busch Gardens at Tampa.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I know I will be drawn and quartered for this, but I have absolutely NO PICTURES.
giphy.gif

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It was fun and as soon as I physically recover I will attempt a report of sorts. I have a few comments and a critique on the Endless Summer Resort at Universal. Not very positive, I'm afraid. I know I will be drawn and quartered for this, but I have absolutely NO PICTURES. I guess everyone will have to use their imagination to picture it.
I can imagine that you didn't want the hassle of setting up the brownie every few minutes .

Figgy1

Premium Member
Actually... I have a question for the hive mind.....

I asked two neighbors how many kids come down our street for trick or treating. One said about 30. The other said around 150. I don't know any other neighbors.

What do I do? I cannot afford a trashcan of candy to hand out. A and I will be trick or treating the first hour or so, and it only lasts about two hours. How much candy do I buy, here?
NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to the bank and get rolls of nickels. Happy kids and no extra candy;)

Goofyernmost

OK, I will give you just a tiny sample of the weeks events. The trip down was uneventful. I had arranged with a scooter rental company recommended by Disney. I had, in a moment of foolishness, made a reservation for "Be Our Guest" for breakfast at 7:50am Tuesday morning. They were supposed to deliver the scooter at 5am, Tuesday morning. I trotted on down there at 5:30am and there was no one in the area where the scooter was supposed to be delivered. The door to the storage area was locked. (as a point of interest it is also where they lock up the luggage carts as well, so if you need to leave early your plans have become exponentially more complicated.)

I then went to the front desk and asked the person on duty what to do about it and she went and talked to the supervisor who, in turn, told her that nothing had been delivered all night. Since I was running out of time we just left for Magic Kingdom where I rented Disney scooter for $50. for the day.

We got to BOG and were knocked to the floor with the cost of breakfast. Nothing special, no characters, nothing. Nice interior, but we even had to fetch our own eating utensils. And for two poached eggs on a croissant and a couple of pastries it came to just under $30.00 per person. However, since we were there we walked out of the restaurant after and directly on "The Mine Train", something that was impossible to get a Fastpass on, and it was almost a walk on through the standby line. Anyway, I found that having the scooter did help get on rides faster. It also should be said that I have never seen MK so empty. Every Fastpass I had, had only a 5 minute wait time on the standby line. I had one for the Jungle Cruise, the Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Unfortunately Pirates was down all day so it became a whatever you want when ever you want. We used them for Buzz Lightyear! It was a Extra Hours morning and it still had many empty spots. We did Small World, Philharmagic, Buzz, CoP (which by the way was full and ended with applause, which was good to hear) Under the Sea, a couple of swings around on the People Mover, HM, Jungle Cruise. Had a Mickey Bar and a Dole Whip Float. We were going to double back and see Peter Pan, but forgot. My sister doesn't like roller coasters so Space M. was out for us as well as Thunder Mtn. and Splash. Damn those young people with no courage.

MK was going to close at 6 for the Halloween Party so we left about 5pm. We went back to the hotel, remember the hotel(?), and my scooter was there. I called the rental company and they swore up and down that they had delivered it the night before and even the tag on the thing showed the time of delivery. After just a little research it became quite clear that no one had even bothered to look in the locked room to see if it was there. So, it cost me $50 because they were to lazy to look, and that was a supervisor. The team member that I spoke to when I finally was able to pick it up, was either sincerely upset that it had happened or was a very good actress. She managed to get management to give us a free breakfast the next day, a value of about $15. total. Not quite the $50 it cost me because of their error.

After we ate, we headed over to DHS. I had gotten a FP for the ToT which we rode. RnRC is a roller coaster the has inversions so you can probably figure out that we didn't do that one. We headed over to TSL and walked on Toy Story Mania, skipped the coaster and the alien one and went into Star Wars Land. I will tell you this. SWL is very, very impressive and well done. Did another walk on for Smugglers Run. That was fun and so very detailed. Really nice.

By the end of that, we are old so the 600 mile drive the day before along with the scooter fiasco was taking its toll so we left around 8:30pm and went back to the hotel. More on the hotel in another post. And that, my friends concluded the first two days of the trip. With the exception of the cost of breakfast still resonating around in my brain, it was really a lot of fun, so far, and even a curmudgeon like myself enjoyed it a lot. I'll bet you wish I had some pictures to prove that I was actually there, but, in the words of the Rolling Stones... You can't always have what you want, but you get what you need. Apparently that is sans Pictures. I'm sure you pictured all the places that I mentioned in your mind, and trust me they are the same as anything I could photograph.

As a side note, all the while we were there, the Gondola's were constantly running. I never saw them stopped even once. I really wanted to ride them, but alas it wasn't to be, yet!

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
OK, I will give you just a tiny sample of the weeks events. The trip down was uneventful. I had arranged with a scooter rental company recommended by Disney. I had, in a moment of foolishness, made a reservation for "Be Our Guest" for breakfast at 7:50am Tuesday morning. They were supposed to deliver the scooter at 5am, Tuesday morning. I trotted on down there at 5:30am and there was no one in the area where the scooter was supposed to be delivered. The door to the storage area was locked. (as a point of interest it is also where they lock up the luggage carts as well, so if you need to leave early your plans have become exponentially more complicated.)

I then went to the front desk and asked the person on duty what to do about it and she went and talked to the supervisor who, in turn, told her that nothing had been delivered all night. Since I was running out of time we just left for Magic Kingdom where I rented Disney scooter for $50. for the day.

We got to BOG and were knocked to the floor with the cost of breakfast. Nothing special, no characters, nothing. Nice interior, but we even had to fetch our own eating utensils. And for two poached eggs on a croissant and a couple of pastries it came to just under $30.00 per person. However, since we were there we walked out of the restaurant and directly on "The Mine Train", something that was impossible to get a Fastpass on, and it was almost a walk on through the standby line. Anyway, I found that having the scooter did help get on rides faster. It also should be said that I have never seen MK so empty. Every Fastpass I had, had only a 5 minute wait time on the standby line. I had one for the Jungle Cruise, the Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Unfortunately Pirates was down all day so it became a whatever you want when ever you want. We used them for Buzz Lightyear! It was a Extra Hours morning and it still had many empty spots. We did Small World, Philharmagic, Buzz, CoP (which by the way was full and ended with applause, which was good to hear) Under the Sea, a couple of swings around on the People Mover, HM, Jungle Cruise. Had a Mickey Bar and a Dole Whip Float. We were going to double back and see Peter Pan, but forgot. My sister doesn't like roller coasters so Space M. was out for us as well as Thunder Mtn. and Splash. Damn those young people with no courage.

MK was going to close at 6 for the Halloween Party so we left about 5pm. We went back to the hotel, remember the hotel(?), and my scooter was there. I called the rental company and they swore up and down that they had delivered it the night before and even the tag on the thing showed the time of delivery. After just a little research it became quite clear that no one had even bothered to look in the locked room to see if it was there. So, it cost me $50 because they were to lazy to look, and that was a supervisor. The team member that I spoke to when I finally was able to pick it up, was either sincerely upset that it had happened or was a very good actress. She managed to get management to give us a free breakfast the next day, a value of about $15. total. Not quite the $50 it cost me because of their error.

After we ate, we headed over to DHS. I had gotten a FP for the ToT which we rode. RnRC is a roller coaster the has inversions so you can probably figure out that we didn't do that one. We headed over to TSL and walked on Toy Story Mania, skipped the coaster and the alien one and went into Star Wars Land. I will tell you this. SWL is very, very impressive and well done. Did another walk on for Smugglers Run. That was fun and so very detailed. Really nice.

By the end of that, we are old so the 600 mile drive the day before along with the scooter fiasco was taking its toll so we left around 8:30pm and went back to the hotel. More on the hotel in another post. And that, my friends concluded the first two days of the trip. With the exception of the cost of breakfast still resonating around in my brain, it was really a lot of fun, so far, and even a curmudgeon like myself enjoyed it a lot. I'll bet you wish I had some pictures to prove that I was actually there, but, in the words of the Rolling Stones... You can't always have what you want, but you get what you need. Apparently that is sans Pictures. I'm sure you pictured all the places that I mentioned in your mind, and trust me they are the same as anything I could photograph.

As a side note, all the while we were there, the Gondola's were constantly running. I never saw them stopped even once. I really wanted to ride them, but alas it wasn't to be, yet!

Sounds pretty good except for the scooter debacle in the morning. We did the Be Our Guest breakfast and it was fine but too much $$ for breakfast, we did like getting to Mine Train before the masses though. I'm glad that you liked SWL, were you able to be the pilot in Smuggler's Run?

MinnieM123

Premium Member

We got to BOG and were knocked to the floor with the cost of breakfast. Nothing special, no characters, nothing. Nice interior, but we even had to fetch our own eating utensils. And for two poached eggs on a croissant and a couple of pastries it came to just under $30.00 per person. However, since we were there we walked out of the restaurant and directly on "The Mine Train", something that was impossible to get a Fastpass on, and it was almost a walk on through the standby line. Anyway, I found that having the scooter did help get on rides faster. It also should be said that I have never seen MK so empty. Every Fastpass I had, had only a 5 minute wait time on the standby line. I had one for the Jungle Cruise, the Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Unfortunately Pirates was down all day so it became a whatever you want when ever you want. We used them for Buzz Lightyear! It was a Extra Hours morning and it still had many empty spots. We did Small World, Philharmagic, Buzz, CoP (which by the way was full and ended with applause, which was good to hear) Under the Sea, a couple of swings around on the People Mover, HM, Jungle Cruise. Had a Mickey Bar and a Dole Whip Float. We were going to double back and see Peter Pan, but forgot. My sister doesn't like roller coasters so Space M. was out for us as well as Thunder Mtn. and Splash. Damn those young people with no courage.

Glad to hear that overall, you still had a fun time. :)

I can understand that renting the scooter from an outside company would be a good idea, but sometimes if it's not a WDW-run service, the CMs can be a bit off their game. (However, I can't understand why the woman didn't at least look in the locked storage area though. Even if they have some sort of log in for items delivered, sometimes people might forget to log it -- when it was definitely delivered to the property.) Well, at least you could rent one that was available on site, so that you could go and enjoy your day. And as for how they resolved the issue by the offer of breakfast, it's better than nothing -- but I still think they should have given you a credit.

It was great that you had such short waits for the park attractions! :happy:

Goofyernmost

Sounds pretty good except for the scooter debacle in the morning. We did the Be Our Guest breakfast and it was fine but too much $$ for breakfast, we did like getting to Mine Train before the masses though. I'm glad that you liked SWL, were you able to be the pilot in Smuggler's Run?
No, but I got to be the engineer and given the job of fixing all the errors that the ten year old and his dad made as pilot. As I suspected it really was just a less claustrophobic, larger version of Mission: Space. No real control just a number of different scenario's that the pilots could do as far as I can tell. Other then that it was just lights lighting that one was supposed to push the correct the alleged problems, but the picture out the front window as like being there. I love screens (he says as he ducks to avoid getting hit by the stones being thrown at him)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom