News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

nickys

Premium Member
What makes that difficult is how many guests the cm will load in a cabin. Some have been doing a single party per cabin and others have been packing them in.

And also if any are going to be sent on empty, especially on the CBR to IG route and the reverse.

Incomudro

The idea of fans, moving air and comfort just brought something to memory.
I work in a large room, that used to get quite hot in the summer years ago and I remember one evening at the end of the day when my former supervisor and I were about to leave - that he instructed me to leave the fans on to keep the room cooler.
I don't remember if I corrected him - but I do remember that I thought, "You know... the fans don't do anything to the rooms temperature when we are not here."
"It's not like leaving an air conditioner on."

Lilofan

What if....

The Skyliner gets stuck over the what we know are alligator and snake infested lakes and retention ponds? Firefighters have a plan for that??

donsullivan

Premium Member
What if....

The Skyliner gets stuck over the what we know are alligator and snake infested lakes and retention ponds? Firefighters have a plan for that??
They have a plan and the necessary equipment to safely evacuate guests from every single segment of the system. And every bit of that plan has already been tested and verified. There is video online of all of that evacuation testing.

David Giles

Do they still have to finish some of the stations? Some have full ceiling covers and others are open so you can see the workings.

Shame about the towers staying plain steel, only real let down unless they will age in a nice way?

can’t wait to ride next year

bubbles1812

Actually the unlovable love bugs are back right now!
Yes... yes they are. I kept finding them on me. The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland was covered in them as I wandered by :hungover:

It was fun to watch the Skyliner in action this weekend! I thought the Epcot station looked pretty. It was wild on the drive in to see them crossing above the parkway. And it certainly will be convenient for those guests who stay at the hotels it connects to. I’d probably try a ride on it once just for funzies, despite have no desire to stay in the hotels they go between.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Do they still have to finish some of the stations? Some have full ceiling covers and others are open so you can see the workings.

Shame about the towers staying plain steel, only real let down unless they will age in a nice way?

can’t wait to ride next year

I am assuming anything still open is staying that way. The only two that appear to have open ceilings are POP/AOA and CBR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom