Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Hawg G

Rat is five. I rode it and recorded it enough recently. The longest ride was 5:34 due to giving way to a departing group of Rats at unload where we paused for 14 seconds. All the others that had no unintentional holding were 5 to 5:10.

Which layouts? Ones on the Internet?

All POVs are about 4:40. Unless it was recently lengthened.

SWGalaxysEdge

You’ve definitely posted it before

possible, I have been away for a while.
Did I post this one? I don't remember....

54518108_2355159601379228_2623305027271262208_n.jpg

mergatroid

So you’ve not actually ridden Rat?

He's decided on behalf of theme park goers everywhere that all dark rides must be over 4 minutes long to 'stand out'. He's also decided that ROTR is x minutes long (can't be bothered going back to check what x is) despite knowing very little to nothing about it and seems to like talking about these assumptions as though they're facts ..................... repeatedly.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
He's decided on behalf of heme park goers everywhere that all dark rides must be over 4 minutes long to 'stand out'. He's also decided that ROTR is x minutes long (can't be bothered going back to check what x is) despite knowing very little to nothing about it and seems to like talking about these assumptions as though they're facts ..................... repeatedly.
Ah.

SplashJacket

I have a few questions regarding the ride for those who know more than people on the outside. I withheld looking at "spoilers" of the ride but I eventually caved, which generated many questions.

Is the ride as elaborate as many believe? Does the ride stand up to POTC in Shanghai? If yes, does it stand up to POTC without the preshow elements? Should I expect the world, or tamper my expectations?

Before looking into the ride I was expecting the ride to compete for best in the world. Should I still expect this?

From what I can tell, The ROTR show building is 55 feet tall, 275 feet wide, and 205 feet long. (Does not include queue)

Shanghai POTC, on the other hand, is 360 feet wide, and about 315 feet long. I cannot measure the height as 3D buildings are disabled in China. (Woo authoritarianism) The measurements are up to more debatable as the building is more of an odd shape. (Queue is also not included) What truly blew me away from Shanghai POTC was the sense of scale and the enormous building allowed for that. Will this live true in ROTR?

If ROTR mirrors what is described by ... yours truly... then it has around 4 scenes on the first floor. By that logic, I would say around 3 scenes on the second floor seems reasonable. In total that would place the ride at around 7 scenes.

POTC in Shanghai has around 11 scenes by my count.

Ride begins:
  1. Barbossa's Bounty Restaraunt
  2. Caves with Skeletons
  3. Jack Sparrow Skelton transition
  4. Screen
  5. The initial view of the Flying Dutchman and the Mermaids
  6. Going into the Dutchman scene and seeing the animatronic hammerhead guy
  7. Davy Jone's Organ
  8. Screen
  9. Inbetween two ships
  10. Inside ship/backward drop
  11. Treasure with Jack Sparrow animatronic
The best ride in the world (opinion) is over.

3d812c4331503d64cc11f50624428204.jpg

DaBears81

I’m sure it might be in here but I haven’t been paying as much attention to this thread as I should’ve. Regarding the “drop”, I’ve heard it being described as you won’t know you’re moving down, to it’s subtle and hardly noticeable, to it’ll be similar to ToT. Does anyone know which of these if any it might actually turn out to be?? I really want to ride this but if it’s a ToT drop I don’t know if I could handle it. Thanks in advance!

SWGalaxysEdge

Rise of the Resistance - Your escape pod. Your escape pod is similar to the ones from the "Battlefront II" video game. The interior is modified to hold your ride vehicle.
This is a diagram of how it would normally be loaded by walking passengers.
  • Comes from a conveyor at the top
  • Rotates around to face the launch direction
  • Comes down to the bottom to load passengers
  • Drops out of the ship and engines kick in.
This is gonna be fun!
1f609.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom