News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

mhaftman7

The reason they “bribe” you to decline housekeeping is that there’s simply not enough labor willing to clean hotel rooms in the greater Orlando area
Unfortunately, that is not a customer concern. At my work if we schedule a normal day and get backed up because we are understaffed, that is not a customer problem. That is a management problem.

jt04

For me, this report tallies with the Bob Iger and Zenia Mucha that are presented in DisneyWar - Iger is someone who Roy and Stanley Gold regarded as little more than an Eisner lapdog who needed to go the same way as his boss, someone that Eisner himself coldly dismissed as little more than a subordinate who would never be capable or worthy of running the company.

I always thought that Iger had to have been a hell of salesman to win Roy and Gold over given their initial opinion, or underestimation, of him, and his association with Eisner. But he wasn't a Katzenberg or an Ovitz, he wasn't some abrasive personality who rubbed everyone up the wrong way because he was too overtly relentless in his personal ambition - he played the part of the lapdog, and took all of the flak for it as a consequence, until the opportune moment came for him to make his move. It was strange how he emerged from the shadows of being Eisner's loyal lieutenant into the spolight as his successor without being lastingly tainted by the messy fallout of the Save Disney campaign. But he played the game cleverly and got everything that he wanted in the end - if he (and Mucha) did manipulate Save Disney to further his own agenda, he's made Roy, Stanley Gold and Michael Eisner all look pretty stupid.

It's been clear for a long time that a lot of people at Disney are playing these PR games and that all of them have an individual axe to grind - it's corporate Game of Thrones.

A lot of this rings true. But is also water under the bridge. What seems most interesting to me is the conspiracy theory that inspired this thread. I think that is worth people's time to figure out.

My guess is our tp2000 is not the miceage tp2000. But maybe that is an established fact. I haven't paid attention lately.

wdwtopten

Killing the expensive to build and operate, low capacity meet and greets with a smaller version of an idea that had never fully died, that was cheaper to operate with higher capacity was not some move of passion.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but why would you say that this particular meet and greet would be expensive to operate? Meet and greets seem like inexpensive things to me and Disney sure doesn't hesitate to add them everywhere...

lazyboy97o

I don't have a dog in this fight, but why would you say that this particular meet and greet would be expensive to operate? Meet and greets seem like inexpensive things to me and Disney sure doesn't hesitate to add them everywhere...
Meet and greets are labor intensive and low capacity, giving them a high cost per guest. The original Cinderella and Aurora meet and greets would have been more like Enchanted Tales with Belle with Cinderella transforming from her rags to her gown and guests celebrating Aurora’s birthday (including making her a birthday card).

Animaniac93-98

These meet and greet would have had multiple rooms with multiple characters, photographers and assistants. The labour costs add up quickly, making the limited capacity harder to justify.

The Cinderella meet and greet was also to have knights training as well, I believe? More CMs to staff and pay.

drizgirl

I would just like to note that this resulted in a Cinderella M&G replacing Snow White’s Scary Adventures. And a lower-quality M&G, for what it’s worth. I’m not exactly sure if the revised plan was an improvement, but even if it was, its not as big of one as you paint it.
Actually the Mine Train replaced Snow White's Scary Adventures. They just played musical chairs with where everything was located. They were never going to have 2 Snow White rides. But I agree, the quality of the M&G was downgraded.

No Name

Actually the Mine Train replaced Snow White's Scary Adventures. They just played musical chairs with where everything was located. They were never going to have 2 Snow White rides. But I agree, the quality of the M&G was downgraded.

Well yes that was my point.

Ojo4

The yearly payroll cost for a single character for a M&G is above a quarter million dollars, I'll tell you that much. This does include staffing and support for this character though. You can thank Hollywood for that...

Sir_Cliff

Apparently he didn’t walk around the parks enough. I remember people would complain about that.
I have often wondered what speech they give executives when they are offered promotions to positions such as, say, VP of the Magic Kingdom. It must include a caution that accepting the position means accepting that you will likely become a hate figure on the Internet, possibly gain a nickname (e.g. "in over her head"), and almost certainly have your biography dissected online as people attempt to explain your inevitable failure.

asianway

The yearly payroll cost for a single character for a M&G is above a quarter million dollars, I'll tell you that much. This does include staffing and support for this character though. You can thank Hollywood for that...
Ever run the numbers on TST?

Brer Oswald

Why not...have both....?

;)

-
Honestly, they could get rid of Enchanted Tales and make the entrance to the ride Belle’s Cottage. I know some people like that show, but it doesn’t draw as many people in as a ride would, and it probably doesn’t even drawn in as many people as the restaurant does.

Not to mention how much walking space it takes up (the amount of times I try to cut through that path only to remember it’s a dead end...UGH).

wdwtopten

I don't really know how I am supposed to processes this information. When you say "single character", do you mean Buzz Lightyear at DHS, in general? Or every individual CM that plays Buzz? Or every permanent M&G location? Or every M&G, including the mobile, non-permanent locations? How many hours of work are they getting for this 250K? 8 hours a day, 7 days a week? 16 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Is this just salary, or does it include costumes, insurance, handlers, etc.?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't really know how I am supposed to processes this information. When you say "single character", do you mean Buzz Lightyear at DHS, in general? Or every individual CM that plays Buzz? Or every permanent M&G location? Or every M&G, including the mobile, non-permanent locations? How many hours of work are they getting for this 250K? 8 hours a day, 7 days a week? 16 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Is this just salary, or does it include costumes, insurance, handlers, etc.?

It means to maintain one character... aka buzz... it costs that much in staffing over the year to make that character available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom