• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

egg

Advertisement
and he insisted on replacing a Cinderella M&G with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
I would just like to note that this resulted in a Cinderella M&G replacing Snow White’s Scary Adventures. And a lower-quality M&G, for what it’s worth. I’m not exactly sure if the revised plan was an improvement, but even if it was, its not as big of one as you paint it.

drizgirl

I would just like to note that this resulted in a Cinderella M&G replacing Snow White’s Scary Adventures. And a lower-quality M&G, for what it’s worth. I’m not exactly sure if the revised plan was an improvement, but even if it was, its not as big of one as you paint it.
Actually the Mine Train replaced Snow White's Scary Adventures. They just played musical chairs with where everything was located. They were never going to have 2 Snow White rides. But I agree, the quality of the M&G was downgraded.

egg

Actually the Mine Train replaced Snow White's Scary Adventures. They just played musical chairs with where everything was located. They were never going to have 2 Snow White rides. But I agree, the quality of the M&G was downgraded.
Well yes that was my point.

Ojo4

I don't have a dog in this fight, but why would you say that this particular meet and greet would be expensive to operate? Meet and greets seem like inexpensive things to me and Disney sure doesn't hesitate to add them everywhere...
The yearly payroll cost for a single character for a M&G is above a quarter million dollars, I'll tell you that much. This does include staffing and support for this character though. You can thank Hollywood for that...

Sir_Cliff

Apparently he didn’t walk around the parks enough. I remember people would complain about that.
I have often wondered what speech they give executives when they are offered promotions to positions such as, say, VP of the Magic Kingdom. It must include a caution that accepting the position means accepting that you will likely become a hate figure on the Internet, possibly gain a nickname (e.g. "in over her head"), and almost certainly have your biography dissected online as people attempt to explain your inevitable failure.

asianway

The yearly payroll cost for a single character for a M&G is above a quarter million dollars, I'll tell you that much. This does include staffing and support for this character though. You can thank Hollywood for that...
Ever run the numbers on TST?

Brer Oswald

Why not...have both....?

;)

-
Honestly, they could get rid of Enchanted Tales and make the entrance to the ride Belle’s Cottage. I know some people like that show, but it doesn’t draw as many people in as a ride would, and it probably doesn’t even drawn in as many people as the restaurant does.

Not to mention how much walking space it takes up (the amount of times I try to cut through that path only to remember it’s a dead end...UGH).

wdwtopten

I don't really know how I am supposed to processes this information. When you say "single character", do you mean Buzz Lightyear at DHS, in general? Or every individual CM that plays Buzz? Or every permanent M&G location? Or every M&G, including the mobile, non-permanent locations? How many hours of work are they getting for this 250K? 8 hours a day, 7 days a week? 16 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Is this just salary, or does it include costumes, insurance, handlers, etc.?

flynnibus

I don't really know how I am supposed to processes this information. When you say "single character", do you mean Buzz Lightyear at DHS, in general? Or every individual CM that plays Buzz? Or every permanent M&G location? Or every M&G, including the mobile, non-permanent locations? How many hours of work are they getting for this 250K? 8 hours a day, 7 days a week? 16 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Is this just salary, or does it include costumes, insurance, handlers, etc.?
It means to maintain one character... aka buzz... it costs that much in staffing over the year to make that character available.

flynnibus

Yet the guy / girl in that outfit only makes $13 an hour.
Not sure your point... as if you think it's a big pot of money and they aren't getting their share... or oblivious to that putting on a continuous running service 365 days a year takes more than just one person in an outfit.

Top Bottom