Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Hawg G

Also it’s very likely the drop system goes further down into the ground that just the building height.

I believe the second set of elevators did have deeper pits, and taller boxes on the roof. The are clearly more sophisticated than the first set. And there are supposedly 4 down ones, and 2 up ones, so the ride cycle will be longer. But I don't think there would be much need for UP sections, since you are supposedly falling to a planet.

I'm telling ya, Frog Hopper, Star Wars style!

Stripes

I posted this in the other thread but here’s a leaked pic of an animatronic member of the Mon Calamari species within ROTR.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You realize the ride vehicle in tower of terror is separate from the drop/lift mechanism...and it has to enter a separate ride system for those...
2 different type of rides. TOT in WDW is not trackless and the whole tower was made so the elevators can go up and down. This is small finale portion of the ride. It will be nothing like TOT.

britain

I am extremely aware of the Story Group, as well as aware that the majority of the LFSG and their leadership that WROTE the script for RotR are gone now. You think Imagineers wrote the story for a ride based on films Imagineers had not yet seen and were not privy to reading the script for?

Was the Story Group prescient enough to tell WDI to put red cracks and seams into Kylo’s helmet? Timeline wise, I think they’d have to.

Bartattack

Strange that people have a hard time imagining what they are going for:
The moment your escape pod 'ejects' or 'falls' from the star destroyer... there will be a drop. It will surprise people...
after that, the motion base will simulate the flight back to Batuu... probably with screens surrounding the elevator/escape pod.
Sound pretty fun and ecxiting to me!

And no, the heads of the AT-AT's are not moving in the video's. look closer. The guns on the head do move. It looks like the heads are moving due to the shifting perspective of the moving camaera.

It's fine... it will be great.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The August 13 article by Al Lutz on Mice Chat titled "Promising the Moon" (not sure if I can link to it here) has a nice map of the ride. Assuming this is accurate, you can see that the hanger bay is only about a third (to quarter) of the huge building. The AT-ATs are in the room marked "I" in the bottom-right of the building. And I suppose the rest of the scenes is over two stories, so quite a lot of room.
The ride space uses around 55-60% of the building.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe the second set of elevators did have deeper pits, and taller boxes on the roof. The are clearly more sophisticated than the first set. And there are supposedly 4 down ones, and 2 up ones, so the ride cycle will be longer. But I don't think there would be much need for UP sections, since you are supposedly falling to a planet.

I'm telling ya, Frog Hopper, Star Wars style!
4 descent shafts for longer show. The 2 ascent elevators will be marketed as just that. Descent you shouldn’t be aware you’re in one.

Last edited:

Musicman20

Re: era of the land. As a fan of the OT, yes I will miss some of the older characters, but then, it is 2019, things have moved on. Rey/Ren have a big place in the hearts of the new generation of fans.

Remember how annoyed people were with the prequels? Now they tend to get praised. People love the Clone Wars era as well.

We still have links to the OT, including the iconic MF.

Since visiting Disneyworld for first time as an 11 year old (roughly) from the UK, I can honestly say NOTHING matches Disney (and kudos to Universal as well) for immersion and detail. We get nothing like this in the UK. Nothing comes close.

This ride looks absolutely incredible. I have been waiting for a Star Wars 'land' since I first visited Disney and this was of course WAYYYY before they bought it, and I never expected them to....apart from maybe more Star Tours (which I still absolutely love).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Re: era of the land. As a fan of the OT, yes I will miss some of the older characters, but then, it is 2019, things have moved on. Rey/Ren have a big place in the hearts of the new generation of fans.

Remember how annoyed people were with the prequels? Now they tend to get praised. People love the Clone Wars era as well.

We still have links to the OT, including the iconic MF.

Since visiting Disneyworld for first time as an 11 year old (roughly) from the UK, I can honestly say NOTHING matches Disney (and kudos to Universal as well) for immersion and detail. We get nothing like this in the UK. Nothing comes close.

This ride looks absolutely incredible. I have been waiting for a Star Wars 'land' since I first visited Disney and this was of course WAYYYY before they bought it, and I never expected them to....apart from maybe more Star Tours (which I still absolutely love).
As an OT fan I’d rather have the real Star Wars as opposed to the Disney version. But that’s just me. I’ll still enjoy it I’m sure.

Epcot_Imagineer

4 descent shafts for longer show. The ascent elevators will be marketed as just that. Descent you shouldn’t be aware you’re in one.
So most everyone in this thread is correct in saying the descent will be much closer to FoP than ToT? I have seen an ungodly amount of Disney Twitter saying they can't wait for a Star Wars themed ToT ending and I don't know how to break it to them.

Additionally, are we all just reading way too much into a controlled drop? Is the descent elevator basically the trick of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion pre-show elecator -- just to get riders back to the first level of RotR with a Star-Tours motion base?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So most everyone in this thread is correct in saying the descent will be much closer to FoP than ToT? I have seen an ungodly amount of Disney Twitter saying they can't wait for a Star Wars themed ToT ending and I don't know how to break it to them.

Additionally, are we all just reading way too much into a controlled drop? Is the descent elevator basically the trick of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion pre-show elecator -- just to get riders back to the first level of RotR with a Star-Tours motion base?
It’s not feasible to have a significant thrill element like TOT, is it?

We know we have a trackless vehicle...which is a modernized dark ride vehicle with more capability...they’re gonna have to “clip” that into a sim pod somehow and have it do a controlled decent down a hydraulic elevator.

That is pretty cool...but people forget the primary goal of any wdw/dL ride is CAPACITY...it has to be able to get a lot of people through.

Markiewong

A drop doesn't have to be from 60 meters high, even the one in Hagrids is barely 6 meters. In combination with screens around you the freefalling experience can be peceived as way intenser. Similar to the effect a madhouse creates, if somebody happens to have been to the Efteling. Vekoma's first madhouse Villa Volta creates a very convincing effect, even though it doesn't go any further than a 30 degrees angle.

That is pretty cool...but people forget the primary goal of any wdw/dL ride is CAPACITY...it has to be able to get a lot of people through.
Which is also the reason why there are four shafts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom