Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Bleed0range

I’m unfortunately not as excited for this ride as I was years ago when it was announced. But I realize it has a lot more to do with me just not feeling much for the new trilogy of films or it’s characters. I didn’t believe that for awhile but I’m not feeling too excited about the third movie compared to the other two so I guess there is something up with the new trilogy.

WDW Pro

You do know that the Lucasfilm Story Group doesn't actually write stories, right? They assist writers and content creators by giving historical reference and suggestions within story canon. The LSG has become the boogeyman for entitled fans whining over not getting their own personal desires spoon fed to them.

I am extremely aware of the Story Group, as well as aware that the majority of the LFSG and their leadership that WROTE the script for RotR are gone now. You think Imagineers wrote the story for a ride based on films Imagineers had not yet seen and were not privy to reading the script for?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Well, you clearly missed that I NEVER said that it was CGI. I said if it's NOT CGI, then we're NOT prepared for the butt kicking the ride is gonna deliver. And in that same post I added that HOPEFULLY the ACTUAL effect is believable which would clearly imply that what we saw isn't necessarily what the actual effect is. And obviously they're actors, the ride isn't even open yet for Pete's sake. I even said they were actors like two posts later and said that it was very possible that this was just filmed as a promo video and the scene in question isn't even in the ride. But don't let that stop you from attacking me for no reason with all your glorious all cap insults.
Yes, my caps posts are glorious. I concur. I am not attacking you. My post to you was a direct response to the following quote by you of:
The actors are responding like whatever is happening at that point in the ride is a big deal so I assume something is going on during that show scene that is pretty impressive.
meaning you thought they were actors actually on the ride responding to a live effect they are actually seeing. I was pointing out , THEY'RE ACTORS and are ACTING and not actually watching something in front of them but by the director the commercial director is giving them. Have a nice day.

Hawg G

The building is two stories, so... no more than one story. And it's got to last a while to simulate dropping from outer space to the planet's surface, so, they can't just free fall you one story and be done with it.

It'll probably bounce you like FoP does in sync with SFX.

But, but, It's going to be EPIC!!!!! It's a HUGE drop! On a ride with a low height requirement. In a non-huge building. In an ELEVATOR.

I'm thinking a little more realistic the Spidey's drop, but with practically no falling sensation.

I just don't understand what folks think Disney is capable of. I'll say it again, the expectations that have been put on this ride are completely ridiculous, and unattainable.

sedati

The building is two stories, so... no more than one story. And it's got to last a while to simulate dropping from outer space to the planet's surface, so, they can't just free fall you one story and be done with it.

It'll probably bounce you like FoP does in sync with SFX.
The ride has two floors, but is well over two stories tall-22'.
This is also the area that had the deep foundation.
But I agree that it will be more dips and undulations than what we get at ToT.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But, but, It's going to be EPIC!!!!! It's a HUGE drop! On a ride with a low height requirement. In a non-huge building. In an ELEVATOR.

I'm thinking a little more realistic the Spidey's drop, but with practically no falling sensation.

I just don't understand what folks think Disney is capable of. I'll say it again, the expectations that have been put on this ride are completely ridiculous, and unattainable.

FoP has people screaming at its drops... of three feet. Like I said, it will likely bounce... throw you up and catch you a few times, just like FoP.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

FoP has people screaming at its drops... of three feet. Like I said, it will likely bounce... throw you up and catch you a few times, just like FoP.
Very unlikely given you are in a trackless vehicle that has to dock in another ride system. No, more than likely you will be getting a drop similar to the parachutes from Knott's Berry Farm back in the day I.E. it drops you with some eceleration at first but then greatly slows down for a gentle finish. only you will have a screen before you making it look like you are in space falling to a planet. Temper your excitement for this part of the ride. The drops in Pirates of the Carribean are going to be more physically thrilling than any drop in this ride.

Steph15251

I must have bad taste in rides,but I am really looking forward to this ride to me it looks great.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I must have bad taste in rides,but I am really looking forward to this ride to me it looks great.
It is not about having "bad taste" at all. Not the point he is making. He is simply saying while the ride may be good and fun (depending if they can keep it running correctly or not) the expectation that everything you have seen in the videos are going to be accurate is ridiculous. That the hype for this is reaching EPISODE I levels of hype and we all know how that film turned out. He is saying enjoy the ride for what it is just dont expect to get what you are being advertised. They have showed us 2 videos of the AT-AT room and in one there is no rapid fire blasts and in one there is. so right there, there is no consistency in it's advertising. Matter of fact, I don't think the AT-ATs will even move their heads. In construction photos from when the ride was being built in Disneyland, they show the solid frames of the AT-ATs with the heads locked in one position as part of the same steel body similar to how they appear outside Star Tours at Disneyworld. I doubt it will be a AA with a moveable head. What it could be is projection mapping on a frame to make it look like the heads are moving. And the AT-AT's shown in the video I don't even think are the actual ones in the show building. they look cgi to me. very cgi. I think the ones shown are just cgi renders for advertising purposes of what they may look like in the ride.

Steph15251

It is not about having "bad taste" at all. Not the point he is making. He is simply saying while the ride may be good and fun (depending if they can keep it running correctly or not) the expectation that everything you have seen in the videos are going to be accurate is ridiculous. That the hype for this is reaching EPISODE I levels of hype and we all know how that film turned out. He is saying enjoy the ride for what it is just dont expect to get what you are being advertised. They have showed us 2 videos of the AT-AT room and in one there is no rapid fire blasts and in one there is. so right there, there is no consistency in it's advertising. Matter of fact, I don't think the AT-ATs will even move their heads. In construction photos from when the ride was being built in Disneyland, they show the solid frames of the AT-ATs with the heads locked in one position as part of the same steel body similar to how they appear outside Star Tours at Disneyworld. I doubt it will be a AA with a moveable head. What it could be is projection mapping on a frame to make it look like the heads are moving. And the AT-AT's shown in the video I don't even think are the actual ones in the show building. they look cgi to me. very cgi. I think the ones shown are just cgi renders for advertising purposes of what they may look like in the ride.
Sorry ,I did not know the post I replied to was about the videos.No ride is like the promos ,but anyways I thought I was replying to a post about the drop ,which for me I could careless how it is.

Hawg G

Sorry ,I did not know the post I replied to was about the videos.No ride is like the promos ,but anyways I thought I was replying to a post about the drop ,which for me I could careless how it is.

My post was about both, really, but HAPPY explained it well. The bolded section above is what MANY folks simply are ignoring for this ride, and I don't know why.

But, the drop section has been touted as a HUGE deal for a long time. Just above someone is saying it will have more dips than ToT!!! That's just ludicrous.

These are ELEVATORS. High tech elevators, but still elevators meant for raising and lowering a very heavy vehicle. I mean, they COULD be identical to ToT elevators, but those require special vents and such, and no one noticed anything like that during construction.

But, as MrP said, FoP's tiny drops get the standard Disney guest (i.e. not coaster enthusiasts) giddy with excitement.

I'm expecting a very Frog Hopper-y experience on the way back to Batuu.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 68

TDR2011

Very unlikely given you are in a trackless vehicle that has to dock in another ride system. No, more than likely you will be getting a drop similar to the parachutes from Knott's Berry Farm back in the day I.E. it drops you with some eceleration at first but then greatly slows down for a gentle finish. only you will have a screen before you making it look like you are in space falling to a planet. Temper your excitement for this part of the ride. The drops in Pirates of the Carribean are going to be more physically thrilling than any drop in this ride.

You realize the ride vehicle in tower of terror is separate from the drop/lift mechanism...and it has to enter a separate ride system for those...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom