Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Having them just sit there has been done...

It’s been sitting on the other side of the park outside a lame simulator since 1990
I disagree with you that the original version of Star Tours was just a "lame simulator" but I agree with the other part you said about how at WDW they are just in the Endor forest not moving.

Hawg G

My point is: it’s gonna have to be quick...

All things in Star Wars land are “quick”

Imagineers dream...park operators move meat.

There’s always a rough compromise.

He’s what we saw/will see with the millennium falcon ride: it’s quick. It’s also basically solo...but that’s another story.

What made the ship cool? Really?

Battling in space...empire and Jedi.

We don’t see anything like this:

Or this:
View attachment 403061

And why not?

Likely TIME. Get em in and out. No need for long rides when a short one will do.

This “descent simulator” thing Sounds cool. But I’d bet it’s the minumum time it takes to descend to the unload and keep the trackless cattle call moving...

Operational necessity.

Of course. All trackless dark rides have a set scene length that can not be exceeded. Th descent could be the max length of two scenes. But with it needing the cars to lock in, unlock, and of course go in and out of the shaft, the descent "scene" will still be probabaly 30 seconds tops. But that's time for a few frog hops

Monorail_Orange

Honestly, I'd like them to add a ST 2.0 mission that reincarnates the original ride. Program the 3PO AA to react like Rex. Either bring in Anthony Daniels to re-record the original script, or re-use the original recording from Paul Rubens and use the preshow to explain 3PO got his memory-cross flash with Rex and the whole ride is caused by his ensuing malfunction. The 3D on this to me has always been meh...so just stick with the original 2D remastered for the digital projection.

Back on topic, I'm hoping they are able to avoid the TT 1.0 debacle for ROTR. The sad part is the stakes are higher for ROTR because at least the rest of Future World, even if it was in it's dying breaths at the time, were there to carry on until TT was refined enough to operate semi-reliably.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Unless the cut the steel frame of the head off the body after the original pictures were taken, I can't see how the head could have this much range of motion...

Epcot_Imagineer

Unless the cut the steel frame of the head off the body after the original pictures were taken, I can't see how the head could have this much range of motion...

View attachment 403150
How are you the only person that caught that? I totally remember seeing the steel frame for the head welded together.

Yeah, actually could an insider please explain how the AT-AT's went from being bolted together solidly like this:

To being able to have a head with a full range of motion?

bclane

View attachment 403150
Maybe it was in another thread but someone said somewhere that they thought the finished head looked much larger than the steel frame we saw in the construction pics...so it’s possible it could move around that supporting structure. Who know’s though. I’m holding out hope it moves but it wouldn’t be shocking if it doesn’t.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe it was in another thread but someone said somewhere that they thought the finished head looked much larger than the steel frame we saw in the construction pics...so it’s possible it could move around that supporting structure. Who know’s though. I’m holding out hope it moves but it wouldn’t be shocking if it doesn’t.

The head might be able to tilt a bit, but I don't think the framework is small enough to allow the range of motion seen in the video.

EricsBiscuit

Hopefully Disney can get the elevators operating properly as that could be a huge bottleneck (like with Hagrid’s where they can only run at 1/2 capacity rn bc one of the two drops doesn’t work).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom