News D23 Expo 2019

Kman101

After today, I can confidently state that during my next trip to Orlando more time will be spent at Universal Studios than Walt Disney World. I hate that. But, value is value and I can't continue to go to WDW and waste money.

This was such a bad presentation all the way around. It wasn't even about anything announced for me, it was just ... bad and embarrassing. Poorly handled, badly run and it all just blurred together. They need to do this differently in the future. They need to better use this opportunity they have to present things. JMO.

Also gives me pause to realize they probably won't be investing as much after the 50th but I'd love to be wrong. What we see is what we get (which we were all warned about) except for maybe a surprise or two. I also think they'd get more buzz if they wait until 2021 (the year Magic Kingdom/WDW turns 50) to really announce and hype things for the future (like DAK and DHS). Just a thought. But I doubt they put that much thought into the process.

Coco/Imagination/DAK/DHS/Tomorrowland investments announced in 2021 would get some good buzz going that they could milk for a few years and another Expo

PorterRedkey

However ... the presentation was tacky, the "store" looks lifeless and generic (they made sure to throw in INSTAGRAMMABLE because that's who they design for now) and it was entirely out of place. They need separate presentations for merchandise, the cruise line and the parks, IMO. I get why the cram it all together but it doesn't work.
What? You don't like merch on cheap shelves?
Target Disney.jpg

brb1006

Now I kept my expectation low, but seeing a glimpse of WDW's 50th Anniversary logo and previewing Disneyland new parade "Magic Happens" actually made me hope they could at least tease a new electrical parade in the works or something like that.

43b5eec5c512c3abc8df6dd1d3ff312b.gif

Also the Make-A-Wish ending for this year's D23 gave me flashbacks to the way they ended the previous D23 in 2017. It actually made my eyes roll.

Last edited:

brb1006

Wow.
I feel bad for @Mike S .
He waited overnight for this....
🤔

I thought it was just me thinking this was a rather lackluster presentation.
Even the audience seemed kinda mellow, based on the reactions i heard during the live webstream(s).

Nice to see some of the concept art public now.
Let the discussions commence, in their corresponding threads!

-
Can't wait to hear Mike S's thoughts.

Mike S

Wow.
I feel bad for @Mike S .
He waited overnight for this....
🤔

I thought it was just me thinking this was a rather lackluster presentation.
Even the audience seemed kinda mellow, based on the reactions i heard during the live webstream(s).

Nice to see some of the concept art public now.
Let the discussions commence, in their corresponding threads!

-
Best part was Dick Van .

I liked seeing more on Guardians, Space 220, Mickey, closer looks at upgraded EPCOT, the two shows it’s getting, and Spaceship Earth. I won’t belive it’s actually Moana in there until it’s explicitly said so. Bob wouldn’t have missed that chance to plug a product. The new Cirque show sounds amazing too and hopefully that Avengers ride is as good as it looks and sounds. Mary Poppins is actually getting Cherry Tree Lane and I don’t know about you guys but if it was just a carousel or whatever wouldn’t they have just said it now? Idk.

Overall there’s a good amount I enjoyed but for EPCOT they messed up imo. Should’ve left everything for the actual panel and just do it on the first day.

Btw guys I left at like page 80. I’m not going through all this lol.

jt04

Looks like Reflections is getting a course correction. Each new concept art release improves on the previous. So there's that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wonder if they pulled anything regarding Brazil due to the Amazon fire controversy going on right now.
@marni1971 was Brazil a head fake?
Again, I wasn’t expecting it to be announced today. A few people told me yes. Other things pointed to it. But I still wasn’t shocked not to hear of it today. Which frustrates me as much as the next fan.

Figments Friend

Best part was **** Van ****.

I liked seeing more on Guardians, Space 220, Mickey, closer looks at upgraded EPCOT, the two shows it’s getting, and Spaceship Earth. I won’t belive it’s actually Moana in there until it’s explicitly said so. Bob wouldn’t have missed that chance to plug a product. The new Cirque show sounds amazing too and hopefully that Avengers ride is as good as it looks and sounds. Mary Poppins is actually getting Cherry Tree Lane and I don’t know about you guys but if it was just a carousel or whatever wouldn’t they have just said it now? Idk.

Overall there’s a good amount I enjoyed but for EPCOT they messed up imo. Should’ve left everything for the actual panel and just do it on the first day.

Agree, the Cirque show was probably one of the more interesting moments for me.
This is a no-brainer, having a Disney themed Cirque show at Disney Springs with a captive always availible audience of Disney fans.
Should be a winner.

New live entertainment is always welcome.
:)

-

jt04

Absolutely could not be happier with the epcot spine project. Everything else in the former future world can build off of it. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom