News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

KrazyKat

8B04454B-0B26-41EB-8559-22062128956A.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ugh, only on this message board would someone escalate the arguement about escalators. In a 30 year life cycle, considering the amount of foot traffic and general disregard by the public to treat anything with anything other than neglect (i.e. wdw tourists; think of the moving walkway and why it was removed) , can you really blame wdo for wanting to do something that takes less maintenance to upkeep? Come on guys, you're being short sided and slighting Disney just because. If it was your company you'd do the same thing if it was a viable alternative. Can't we all rise above such topical things. Let's all build an incremental understanding of why escalators aren't necessarily the top to bottom choice.
A company that swears up and down that they are 100% about creating “magical memories”?

They’re not GE.

Need help carrying the bucket today?

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

Ugh, only on this message board would someone escalate the arguement about escalators. In a 30 year life cycle, considering the amount of foot traffic and general disregard by the public to treat anything with anything other than neglect (i.e. wdw tourists; think of the moving walkway and why it was removed) , can you really blame wdo for wanting to do something that takes less maintenance to upkeep? Come on guys, you're being short sided and slighting Disney just because. If it was your company you'd do the same thing if it was a viable alternative. Can't we all rise above such topical things. Let's all build an incremental understanding of why escalators aren't necessarily the top to bottom choice.

I'm with you on this. While I would much prefer the escalators for the function, convenience and look, I can see why the elevated ramp makes sense. At least one of the numerous escalators in and around my building seems to constantly be going through some sort of maintenance and closed from use.
Also considering how often the belt up to the PeopleMover seems to be temporarily down, walking up a stopped escalator to Tron would be rough and people would complain endlessly. To me there are worse things about this attraction to complain about (location, sightlines, length, etc.)

rle4lunch

...it’s funny you say that. I’m ex-Disney and an engineer....it’s amazing how it creates clarity 😉

Until they build themselves a version of the wonkavator, I'll take the ramp.

Besides, With the droves of scooter addicted people flocking to the world, they'd need 20 elevators to keep the line moving fast enough.

jmuboy

It's crazy as to where time went...soon our views of the track will be obstructed soon by the impending (unthemed) showbuilding!!
Really hope they somehow wrap the canopy completely around, ugh. Also rip big tree, hopefully they plant some new ones later on.

Bottom: October 2018 (ResortTV1)
Top: August 9, 2019 (MickeyViews)
View attachment 397634

My concern is the TRON show building in
View from SBC train station

tribbleorlfl

I still wish they had skipped the canopy/outside portion for our version. It might be a visual, kinetic weenie, but it really takes away from the themeing and immersiveness for me.

Perfect world, the entire attraction would have been enclosed with the show building themed as an ENCOM research center. Queue would be two parts (real world and computer world) separated by a preshow room where we'd be zapped into the computer world by the laser. Effect would be achieved either by a false wall or projection mapping.

Buried20KLeague

The artwork is also from a very high perspective. On the ground I think we'll only see a little bit of it and only from certain angles.

In shanghai you can see the thing from EVERYWHERE. At ground level.

ETA: You can even see it from the Fantasyland area behind the castle in Shanghai. You know what's at a similar angle? The contemporary and the monorail approach. I'll put money on it you'll even be able to see it coming over on the ferry.

That building (and the canopy to a lesser extent) is gonna screw with Space Mountain's perspective. In a big way.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom