News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

rle4lunch

Do Escalators Break Easily? Why are they used everywhere in the world if the "break easily"? that is just ridiculous.... It is purely a cost saving measure...

Ugh, only on this message board would someone escalate the arguement about escalators. In a 30 year life cycle, considering the amount of foot traffic and general disregard by the public to treat anything with anything other than neglect (i.e. wdw tourists; think of the moving walkway and why it was removed) , can you really blame wdo for wanting to do something that takes less maintenance to upkeep? Come on guys, you're being short sided and slighting Disney just because. If it was your company you'd do the same thing if it was a viable alternative. Can't we all rise above such topical things. Let's all build an incremental understanding of why escalators aren't necessarily the top to bottom choice.

Last edited:

No Name

Escalators break easily. Looking at the long term, much better to put a slightly angled pathway up to achieve the same result. This is Disney being smart on cost saving.

Yes, it’s definitely less maintenance, and definitely easier operationally, to go with a ramp instead. That’s why I’m not surprised Disney did this. I just personally think the escalators would've been worth the trouble.

Ugh, only on this message board would someone escalate the arguement about escalators.

👏👏

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So why build 2 entrances, 1 that can only accommodate most people, not all when you can focus all your attention and resources on building 1 great entrance that everyone can experience and enjoy?
Because you’re Disney and you can do all of the above.

And it’s a ride, not an “experience”...”experience” is a dog whistle Disney is using against you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom