News D23 Expo 2019

LSLS

It would be a resounding flop.

The only live-action-from-animation-cash-grab movies that seem to do well are the films derived from the animated versions millennials saw at the theaters as kids - movies like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. Dumbo was well before that time and so doesn't have the resonance the Silver Age movies do. Lady and the Tramp is similar. So yeah, likely it wouldn't do well. Not that I'd personally see it in any venue whatsoever. Who needs it?

Pretty sure maleficent did really well too. I dont like most of these (I at least appreciate maleficent telling a different story), but they are making money with them.

bubbles1812

It would be a resounding flop.

The only live-action-from-animation-cash-grab movies that seem to do well are the films derived from the animated versions millennials saw at the theaters as kids - movies like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. Dumbo was well before that time and so doesn't have the resonance the Silver Age movies do. Lady and the Tramp is similar. So yeah, likely it wouldn't do well. Not that I'd personally see it in any venue whatsoever. Who needs it?
If it wasn’t going to Disney+, it would probably have a shot at success. Maybe it wouldn’t do quite the gang busters money of say The Lion King but people love dogs. And the live-action remakes. :cautious:

It’s actually one I personally would have seen in theaters as it was one of my favorites as as kid. And *gasp*... I’m a millennial who didn’t get to see it in theaters. Plus, the dogs they picked look adorable and the story of them using rescue animals for the film would have been a good PR angle.

Sometimes you come off a mite too purist and a mite too angry. It makes it hard for me to take you seriously.

Last edited:

PymParty

Did they give any info during the Disney+ presentation or at the Disney+ pavilion about "The Imagineering Story" documentary series by Leslie Iwerks ? I don't think we even have a release date
I can't wait to watch it, its been in production for so long.

bubbles1812

Because the Disney channel formula was to keep cycling the few episodes they had as reruns for years and years :)
Haha, yeah, I definitely didn't realize that as a kid but as I got older, it was very noticeable. I loved Lizzie so I didn't mind it and then, of course, they made a movie! They had a sneaky formula, that Disney Channel. :cautious:

Donaldfan1934

I swear if we see a pictures of Homer, Lisa, Maggie, Marge, and Bart posing with Mickey or any of his friends like this in the next two days. I'm going to lose my mind.
ECtKOdDUEAIMibt.jpg:large
If that ends up happening, it would look like the fabric of the universe collapsing in on itself. No one would be able resist witnessing such a topsy turvy spectical.

It Is What It Is

For the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves live action, will Disney hold out until 2037 for the 100 year anniversary of the film or will it get done in 2023 for the 100th year of the Walt Disney Co? It could get done another year but that would be a marketing miss in my opinion.

I don't think anything has been announced for the live action of this yet, but you know it's going to happen.

PS My money is on 2023, they are going to run out of live action remakes pretty soon. Unless some new technology comes out (holographic?), then they could make a remake of a remake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom