News D23 Expo 2019

mikejs78

Premium Member
This!

I fully understand where Epcot purists are coming from. I wish they were doing some things differently but I'm intrigued.

Being stubborn won't bring back Horizons folks. (And I'd be right there in line to ride it if it was and no it never should have been taken out; Mission Space sucks, IMHO)

Anywho ... I agree with you.

I'm in the same place. I love classic EPCOT Center, and was always hoping for a modern take on that. But since that isn't happening, what is here is intriguing. Hopefully it's done well and I can enjoy my favorite park in a new way.

If they allow streaming of the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Gummi Bears, with honorable mention to the original Duck Tales, my inner child will do a happy dance.

I think I read somewhere that classic Ducktails was confirmed. Not sure about the others though but I'm sure they will be there in time, if not at launch. Would also love a Gummi Bears remake...

Rodan75

I'm in the same place. I love classic EPCOT Center, and was always hoping for a modern take on that. But since that isn't happening, what is here is intriguing. Hopefully it's done well and I can enjoy my favorite park in a new way.

I think I read somewhere that classic Ducktails was confirmed. Not sure about the others though but I'm sure they will be there in time, if not at launch. Would also love a Gummi Bears remake...

They haven’t announced any new ‘kids’ Animation shows for Disney+ right? That seems odd. We only have Monsters at Work, What If and the P&F movie. We’ve heard through various sources they have a lot in the works, but nothing official. I wonder if they are still determine strategy for what will be on the various outlets DC, DXD, D+ or they are staying away from things that could make D+ sound like a little kids service.

PorterRedkey

Disney+, Work-place comedy "Monster at Work" logo.
Monsters at Work logo.JPG

Magenta Panther

Disney ought to bring back Star Vs. The Forces of Evil for a TV movie, and, in doing so, bring it back to the way it was in the first season. Bring back the original animation company - wonderful lush funny animation - restore Star's magic, focus on Earth stories, and ditch the darker Mewni stuff. The show lost a lot of its mojo in the latter seasons until it was simply no fun at all. Stiff cheap-looking animation too. If she'd been handled better, Star could have been a wonderful addition to the Disney Princesses line - primarily because she's unconventional without being a loud little snot like Vanellope, plus she's actually funny. A dark ride based on Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, or as an addition to the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game, would have been stellar too. Disney squandered Star. Too bad...

Mike S

So whos gonna sneak a phone in???
A stupid person most likely.

I’m not a stupid person.
Spokesmayne on YouTube has a somewhat obscured, but completely watchable video of the Legends Award.

RDJ is the highlight (funny DL story). James Earl Jones, Hans Zimmer, and The Divine Miss M were not present. Bette Midler wanted to attend but had flights canceled by bad weather.

Here it is:

The architect was another highlight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom