News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

brihow

I understand this works wonders...

View attachment 398554
I kind of have to applaud Universal on this one, it's at least a better effort.
Hagrids-Mural.jpg
IMG_0920-1024x683.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photo update as of Friday, August 16, 2019. Track sections being delivered to the original building. A few additional track sections were staged in the yard in the foreground (outside of this photo view).

A new structure is under construction between the two buildings.

View attachment 398858

I believe that is a maintenance bay.

Movielover

It looks fairly similar in shape to Energy’s old maintenance bay. I’m starting to wonder if they only tore down the old one to allow easy access for construction vehicles and equipment, and now they’re just rebuilding it.

That and the maintenance bay would have had to have been majorly rebuilt anyways due to this being a completely different ride type and structure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It looks fairly similar in shape to Energy’s old maintenance bay. I’m starting to wonder if they only tore down the old one to allow easy access for construction vehicles and equipment, and now they’re just rebuilding it.
That and the maintenance bay would have had to have been majorly rebuilt anyways due to this being a completely different ride type and structure.
Most of the maintenance area will be roughly where diorama two / theatre two used to be. I’d guess this was for RV egress.

There again, remember the building also had its substation removed.

gustaftp

From the concept art above and the new concept art overall, it appears that new solar panels will be installed?! I honestly thought they would be ditching them, so I'm glad to at least see that element returned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom