News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

RSoxNo1

I wonder if they'll make any efforts at all to connect the attraction thematically to human achievement or global community. Or at least to have some sort of meaningful message. It seems nearly impossible that they won't even make any effort to connect it to Epcot's theme (besides "Peter Quill visited Epcot").

I'm also most curious about whether there will be any practical sets within the gravity building. If it's just dome screens, how on Earth are they spending, what, $400,000,000?
The walls are 133 feet tall. If they created an array of iPhone X's that lined the walls for 200 feet they'd crack $250 million, I did the math.

thequeuelinelectures

The walls are 133 feet tall. If they created an array of iPhone X's that lined the walls for 200 feet they'd crack $250 million, I did the math.

That's not really a far comparison in that you definitely wouldn't need processing hardware for every 2 inch by 4 inch section of screen. I think it's probably worth saying too that in projects like this a lot of the cost is coming from paying large teams of employees, not raw materials. Very very very rough math but let's say you have a team of 200 being payed on average 100k a year for 5 years to develop an attraction, that's already 100 million just in salaries. That's crazy inaccurate obviously and not a real number but employing a good workforce is a lot more expensive than steel and electronic components

RSoxNo1

That's not really a far comparison in that you definitely wouldn't need processing hardware for every 2 inch by 4 inch section of screen. I think it's probably worth saying too that in projects like this a lot of the cost is coming from paying large teams of employees, not raw materials. Very very very rough math but let's say you have a team of 200 being payed on average 100k a year for 5 years to develop an attraction, that's already 100 million just in salaries. That's crazy inaccurate obviously and not a real number but employing a good workforce is a lot more expensive than steel and electronic components
You must be a blast at parties.

No Name

It seems nearly impossible that they won't even make any effort to connect it to Epcot's theme.

DA532186-16DD-4098-9E47-BD8BC430DB52.jpeg

disneyC97

Having just got back from a visit to WDW the past couple of weeks and seeing the show building in person, I really think they should have themed it in some way. The paint color "goes away" sometimes and from some locations, but seemed prominent to me even when I wasn't looking for it at many points and depending on the sky. As some have noted, the storm drains on the side are no help.

For me it didn't detract from SpaceShip Earth height- or other wise, which was a pleasant surprise. Still an all around ugly, unnecessary addition, IMHO.

pdude81

Having just got back from a visit to WDW the past couple of weeks and seeing the show building in person, I really think they should have themed it in some way. The paint color "goes away" sometimes and from some locations, but seemed prominent to me even when I wasn't looking for it at many points and depending on the sky. As some have noted, the storm drains on the side are no help.

For me it didn't detract from SpaceShip Earth height- or other wise, which was a pleasant surprise. Still an all around ugly, unnecessary addition, IMHO.

They themed Mission Breakout and that might look better if they painted it blue and pretended there was a cloaking device on it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can anyone tell me if that rumour of Soarin’-like projection domes around the coaster are true?

False. Though there's likely to be 'scenes' and they may contain projections. But, there's no giant dome in the BBB like a one-time patent application had people surmising.

Remember, when you surmise, you make a sur out of mi and se.

tparris

Definitely a lot of new infrastructure and interior work going on in there. Looks like the floor has been lowered quite a bit and the new structure in there is most likely for the part of the ride right after load. I think the building will have more than one level, at least in the back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom