• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Brer Oswald

Advertisement
I’m not going to go digging for it because it’s been months since it’s been said. Who said the name was Infinite Universe? I feel like I remember it being Martin, but I don’t want to incorrectly attribute the info to someone who didn’t say it.

trainplane3

Brer Oswald

Yes, because licensing rights are fragmented to differing monetized streams. The contract with Universal is limited to theme park attractions. If it wasn't, then Fox/Disney couldn't make movies with the X-Men. Merch is a different license.
What I find the most strange is the whole Mississippi River thing. Was it cheaper that way? Why was the Mississippi River used as the dividing point? Why didn’t they want Marvel our in California but needed it as an anchor in Florida?

pdude81

What I find the most strange is the whole Mississippi River thing. Was it cheaper that way? Why was the Mississippi River used as the dividing point? Why didn’t they want Marvel our in California but needed it as an anchor in Florida?
I thought it was because they built IoA in Florida but never built the Marvel stuff out west. Since they never used the characters they lost the rights out there.

T.Will

The Mississippi River has historically been a dividing marker between the East and West of the US. As for why they agreed to that, I think Universal was more about getting the Marvel license away from WDW. Obviously, nobody expected the '09 purchase, so the deal seemed foolproof.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Your target audience is people within driving distance or cheap airline. So, for Orlando, that's EotM. Universal had the option to put a Marvel land on the West Coast and in all international parks, but they didn't and the time allotted for it has expired. So, no competing theme park Marvel attractions "near" Orlando. And no Marvel marketing for that Marvel land nationally.

T.Will

Your target audience is people within driving distance or cheap airline. So, for Orlando, that's EotM. Universal had the option to put a Marvel land on the West Coast and in all international parks, but they didn't and the time allotted for it has expired. So, no competing theme park Marvel attractions "near" Orlando. And no Marvel marketing for that Marvel land nationally.
Thanks for clarifying.

Top Bottom