Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Has it been canceled completely or just put on the back burner ??? Because I've been MIA the last couple months and trying to catch up on this and other threads has been kind of hard.

Apparently backburner because it is still functional and they need ride capacity. Also, funds can be redirected to get WoL open asap and other quick adds on property. See also, reconfigured Planet Watch, Pixar Place and new film in The Land. Oh, and France BatB show.
Mexico funding has nothing to do with Wonders or anything else you listed.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Now they just need to add some parallax projected scenes, some limited motion figs, blacklighting and some fresh paint for that all important Coco overlay. Should be doable for next to nothing; a few mil. The digital assets are there it's just an issue finding a serviceable story and the funds needed to make it work. But I guess I shouldn't be opening up that can of worms. Nice to know the ride is running at peak show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Now they just need to add some parallax projected scenes, some limited motion figs, blacklighting and some fresh paint for that all important Coco overlay. Should be doable for next to nothing; a few mil. The digital assets are there it's just an issue finding a serviceable story and the funds needed to make it work. But I guess I shouldn't be opening up that can of worms. Nice to know the ride is running at peak show.

You forget the PotC control of the boat's rotation and a drop.

Touchdown

Except the story is one of the few IPs that belongs in Epcot. For a thematic fit, it's substantially better than Three Caballeros.

I would say it’s on par with Three Caballeros, but you know what would be great, redo the Mexico ride to be Coco. Then take the birds and have them go on a trip to Jose’s homeland and use them in a brand new Brazil ride which, along with a Brazilian Steakhouse, would make for an amazing new pavilion. They could even reuse the AAs in the finale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom