CM Attacked at ToT

ImperfectPixie

Kinda surprised no one mentioned the potential affect of alcohol on unruly guest behavior. Granted - the report doesn't indicate alcohol was a factor, but i'd be surprised if it weren't. If Disney wants the $$$ from alcohol sales, then Disney probably has to deal with higher reports of such behavior in the parks.
It doesn't help that they're not great at enforcing rules, either.

EDIT: Not the CMs...the ones who are supposed to be backing the CMs.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Kinda surprised no one mentioned the potential affect of alcohol on unruly guest behavior. Granted - the report doesn't indicate alcohol was a factor, but i'd be surprised if it weren't. If Disney wants the $$$ from alcohol sales, then Disney probably has to deal with higher reports of such behavior in the parks.
You're placing blame on something (alcohol), of which no evidence or even mention of it was presented? It also doesnt mention that high blood pressure from sugar intake was a factor, but disney should probly be prepared to deal with bad behavior if they want those profits from cup cakes and crazy shakes, correct?

The crazy sugar induced people always ruin it for everyone. Theyve turned HS into sugar town (Drunkey Town's neighbor)

ToTBellHop

You're placing blame on something (alcohol), of which no evidence or even mention of it was presented? It also doesnt mention that high blood pressure from sugar intake was a factor, but disney should probly be prepared to deal with bad behavior if they want those profits from cup cakes and crazy shakes, correct?

The crazy sugar induced people always ruin it for everyone. Theyve turned HS into sugar town (Drunkey Town's neighbor)
Sugar causes uninhibited aggression?

FigmentFan82

You keep using words you clearly don’t understand.

If she were on trial and didn’t show... they’d put out a warrant for her. That warrant would be lockable anywhere. She’d be picked up and the state would decide if they want to pursue extradition. Given it’s a simple misdemeanor... unlikely. But she’d also be detained at the border... and if she got picked up in Florida again.. she’d be arrested etc.
That comment was clearly a joke.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The crazy horse tranquilizer induced people always ruin it for everyone. Theyve turned HS into horse tranquilizer town (reefer Town's neighbor)
You have created quite a nice community there. I would like to be on the city council that oversees Reefer Town, Sugar Town, Drunkey town and Horse Tranquilizer Town. I'll even foot the bill for the community center, Blue Magic Junction. (Breaking bad reference for those who dont get it).

Kane88

A quote from the report;

“We don’t tolerate unsafe behavior,” a Disney spokeswoman said when reached for comment.”

Really? How about “we don’t tolerate guests acting that way towards cast members”? Or is their safety not a concern?

And why did Disney not press charges? I admit I know nothing about American law but I’m thinking there must be some legal way of pursuing this without the actual cast member pressing charges? Maybe Disney want to sweep it under the carpet more than they want to stand up for the cast members?

Who knows. Perhaps the quote isn’t what it seems, but if I was running Disney I’d be making sure the cast members knew I had their backs, and would be pushing for the full force of the law here.
I know with my place of employment if something like this were to occur they’d force you to press charges...

Bender123

You have created quite a nice community there. I would like to be on the city council that oversees Reefer Town, Sugar Town, Drunkey town and Horse Tranquilizer Town. I'll even foot the bill for the community center, Blue Magic Junction. (Breaking bad reference for those who dont get it).

We have an annual fair that includes watching "Magic Journeys" on an endless loop. This year we are celebrating the life and times of the bag of cocaine that designed IASW.

ToTBellHop

High blood pressure causes mood swings. Sugar can cause high blood pressure. If we follow the process of @powerfulpuffin 's system for accountability, then we should we blame sugar for a possible cause of this CM being punched. Basically, anything that was not mentioned in the sheriff's report is to blame.
I blame the heat and therefore GM. It’s Test Track’s fault.

Tony the Tigger

I’m amazed it took until page four.

Disney.Mike

They probably went through stand by & jumped over to the fastpass queue.

I'm thinking she probably had "anytime fastpasses", like you get for attending the DVC sales presentation.

When we went this last trip everyone in the party got 3 anytime FP. We were told it was valid on everything except: MK: PP and 7dmt EPCOT: Frozen, AK: Navi, FOP, DHS: SDD, , MM.

We went to use them on ToT and found out it also wasnt valid there... that was suprising since we specifically asked what all we could not use it on.

Now I wouldn't dream of assaulting anyone over a fastpass but I can see it causing a pretty good amount of frustration lol. I would like to know if WDW actively discourages employees from pressing criminal charges though. I would think battery and disorderly conduct at a minimum.

Heppenheimer

Does anyone have any kind of half-way objective measurement of how common violence is in Disney parks? We've had two incidents in about a week (although, at different resorts), which of course, could be nothing more than a data blip.

Not that Youtube is any kind of scientific barometer, but with all the people carrying around smart phones (and decades of home movie cameras filming practically everything that happens in the parks), there seem to be relatively few videos "Disney fight" videos posted, and most are of the recent episode at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom