CM Attacked at ToT

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
A quote from the report;

“We don’t tolerate unsafe behavior,” a Disney spokeswoman said when reached for comment.”

Really? How about “we don’t tolerate guests acting that way towards cast members”? Or is their safety not a concern?

And why did Disney not press charges? I admit I know nothing about American law but I’m thinking there must be some legal way of pursuing this without the actual cast member pressing charges? Maybe Disney want to sweep it under the carpet more than they want to stand up for the cast members?

Not sure where you're getting any of this that Disney doesnt care about their safety. They probably left it up to the discretion of the CM who was attacked.

DCLcruiser

Pressing charges would be for jail or some sort of punishment. Not a lawsuit.
The girl has probably already fled to Chicago...no extradition to Florida haha

Plus, the publicity nightmare for Disney and the poor CM's privacy. What if any video or account showed the CM did anything that a lawyer could use against her? Or if there's any political, or protected class/group, issues? Not worth it over a punch.

GlacierGlacier

A quote from the report;

“We don’t tolerate unsafe behavior,” a Disney spokeswoman said when reached for comment.”

Really? How about “we don’t tolerate guests acting that way towards cast members”? Or is their safety not a concern?

They don't tolerate unsafe behavior of any kind - guest or otherwise. Stating it this way leaves no wiggle room.

And why did Disney not press charges? I admit I know nothing about American law but I’m thinking there must be some legal way of pursuing this without the actual cast member pressing charges? Maybe Disney want to sweep it under the carpet more than they want to stand up for the cast members?
The charges weren't Disney's to press. It's up to the person who was punched.

Not to mention Disney holds the upper hand here. They already got the money from the guest, they will likely treat the CM well for what they endured, and uttered their ultimate decree - no mouse for you. There's no reason for them to pursue legal action even if they could.

Who knows. Perhaps the quote isn’t what it seems, but if I was running Disney I’d be making sure the cast members knew I had their backs, and would be pushing for the full force of the law here.
I'm sure the company would provide their full support if the CM wanted legal action. But they clearly didn't. Disney will show they have the backs of their employees by following their wishes and supporting them in whatever that particular CM needs.

StarWarsGirl

Disney can't do anything. It's up to the victim and the district attorney. The DA can still press charges, but it's hard if the victim isn't pressing charges. Unfortunately, because the legal process is so long, many victims don't want to deal with it.

The only thing Disney can do is ban the woman from their parks.

s8film40

Many CM's are afraid to press charges. Disney doesn't really like it when CM's press charges against guests. There's nothing Disney can do about it however. It sounds like in this situation Disney was standing up for the CM which is a good thing. It could be the CM didn't know if Disney was going to support their decision to press charges or hold it against them and just opted for the safest route.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not sure where you're getting any of this that Disney doesnt care about their safety. They probably left it up to the discretion of the CM who was attacked.

Instead of supporting their employees who were endangered while working for the company. They should make it easy, and comfortable for the employee to be defended. Instead the employee probably worries about missing shifts or gettin negative views inside the company.

Goto the airport and take note of the signs basically saying “being abusive towards the employees won’t be tolerated”... that’s right, a freaking government agency is more supportive of their employees than family loving Disney.

flynnibus

Premium Member

You keep using words you clearly don’t understand.

If she were on trial and didn’t show... they’d put out a warrant for her. That warrant would be lockable anywhere. She’d be picked up and the state would decide if they want to pursue extradition. Given it’s a simple misdemeanor... unlikely. But she’d also be detained at the border... and if she got picked up in Florida again.. she’d be arrested etc.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not to mention Disney holds the upper hand here. They already got the money from the guest, they will likely treat the CM well for what they endured, and uttered their ultimate decree - no mouse for you. There's no reason for them to pursue legal action even if they could.

I'm sure the company would provide their full support if the CM wanted legal action. But they clearly didn't. Disney will show they have the backs of their employees by following their wishes and supporting them in whatever that particular CM needs.

Your joking right? This is the company that disciplines and fires employees that defend themselves when attacked... or if they stand up to a guest, etc.

Disney would likely point to her union... at best.

erasure fan1

The woman clearly spent her life-savings to buy a trip to WDW...there's no money left to get from a trial.
Maybe there isn't money, but you can bet I'm getting an assault arrest on their record if that was me.
There's no reason for them to pursue legal action even if they could.
Maybe to discourage jack munches like this from pulling this kind of garbage. Letting this kind of behavior off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist is just dumb.

My95cobras

The guest doesn't know that. Regardless, she interfered with and assaulted a Disney CM. If the CM doesn't want to press charges, WDW should.
A quote from the report;

Who knows. Perhaps the quote isn’t what it seems, but if I was running Disney I’d be making sure the cast members knew I had their backs, and would be pushing for the full force of the law here.

Disney isn’t the victim... so only the victim/person can prosecute.

My95cobras

Plus, the publicity nightmare for Disney and the poor CM's privacy. What if any video or account showed the CM did anything that a lawyer could use against her? Or if there's any political, or protected class/group, issues? Not worth it over a punch.

There is absolutely extradition from Chicago, and all 50 states.

Cmdr_Crimson

Mr. Serling....Thoughts?
ImperfectVariableDutchsmoushond-max-1mb.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom