Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

britain

I’m sure both coasts want their RotR open yesterday. But one wonders, if there were some hypothetical team/tech/resource that could only be directed to one park or the other...

I bet they’d prefer to have WDW’s Galaxy’s Edge open with both rides and avoid the repeat of Anaheim’s summer of scared absent crowds and Falcon-nit-picker-bloggers.

Not that they really have control over this, but it’s interesting to think about.

Sped2424

I’m sure both coasts want their RotR open yesterday. But one wonders, if there were some hypothetical team/tech/resource that could only be directed to one park or the other...

I bet they’d prefer to have WDW’s Galaxy’s Edge open with both rides and avoid the repeat of Anaheim’s summer of scared absent crowds and Falcon-nit-picker-bloggers.

Not that they really have control over this, but it’s interesting to think about.
I think no matter what with our without ROTR Walt disney Worlds galaxy's edge is always gonna be a huge crowd nightmare. Disneyland blocked out most of their ap's, had restricted previews, and even then phased openings and the like just to keep crowds down. And it worked amazingly too good in fact. Disney world on the other hand is only doing pass previews for the top 3 tiers and I doubt they will go on as long as the previews did at DL. And then after that open to everyone! I would be hard pressed to find an empty galaxy's edge here no matter the circumstance of ROTR.

TP2000

Over on another Disneyland website things got all dramatic and fired up tonight over the Resistance ride. Apparently the ride is very delayed, which is what some reliable Disneyland CM's have been saying for the past month, but now it's gotten to a breaking point.

Apparently the Resistance ride opening for Disneyland may be pushed into at least the winter and perhaps the spring of 2020? No word on the DHS version as this info is from a Disneyland site, but I can't imagine the DHS version would be opening before October or November if the Disneyland version is pushed past Christmas.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I heard a rumor that they pulled all the programmers to FL to try and open both rides at the end of next month. Don't know if it's true, but I hope not.

With this, let me summarize all the RotR rumors from all sources in the past few days:

1. RotR in either DHS or DL may open next month or next year with either one possibly opening before the other.
2. The end.

;)

Clamman73

The last Studios 6am extra magic hours are still only up 11/2 and then it’s back to regular 9-9 hours after that and haven’t seen anything about extending the 6am opening dates...I now wouldn’t be surprised if this opens 8/29

cosmicgirl

The last Studios 6am extra magic hours are still only up 11/2 and then it’s back to regular 9-9 hours after that and haven’t seen anything about extending the 6am opening dates...I now wouldn’t be surprised if this opens 8/29
They can extend the EEMH overnight if they choose to do so. I still think they only announced them as an attempt to boost onsite reservations.

IF they do announce something today and IF RotR were to open at DHS before DL I think the reason behind it would still be the same. The time is high for a Fall discount to be released which would still give people a chance to get 60-day FPs, so an announcement may be their final attempt to get occupancy up at rack rate.

nickys

Premium Member

The half marathon is on the 3rd November, which would mean they couldn’t have 6am EMH at the Studios that day, unless the route is going to be changed. They could continue them as of 11/4.

Seems like 11/2 was simply a good date to use for the first block of EEMH.

Stripes

Over on another Disneyland website things got all dramatic and fired up tonight over the Resistance ride. Apparently the ride is very delayed, which is what some reliable Disneyland CM's have been saying for the past month, but now it's gotten to a breaking point.

Apparently the Resistance ride opening for Disneyland may be pushed into at least the winter and perhaps the spring of 2020? No word on the DHS version as this info is from a Disneyland site, but I can't imagine the DHS version would be opening before October or November if the Disneyland version is pushed past Christmas.
You have to ask yourself why such a delay? Maybe with all of the troubles they've had with the Wifi, they're switching to wire-guidance? Just a guess.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Usually, I don’t like to mention this but I heard on Reddit (yes I know not the most reliable of places) so please take what I’m about to say with a grain of salt. That being said, I’ve heard someone working on the ride said that the supposed WiFi issues were bs. The ride apparently runs on these sensors that had a problem with the drop sequence. Apparently this problem was extremely easy to fix because it just involves fixing some of the WiFi sensors (RFID Pucks), instead of ripping out the track. So this whole rise doesn’t open till next year at least according to this poster was bs.

Jones14

So are we looking at a (very slim) possibility that WDW’s Galaxy’s Edge will open with both rides?

It would certainly make sense if it’s physically possible, given the panic that Disneyland has been thrown into.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom