Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

mikejs78

Premium Member
Please quote those posters with extensive track records. Anybody in the know can tell you that right now it appears the ride has slipped to October, but could be pushed back as far as December.

Ok.

Fair to say the “target date” for Disneyland is on/about end of August, but there’s growing concern they won’t make it?

We have a trip planned for Sept 12.
As things stand you should be okay from what I understand. Personally I’d rather have low crowds and try it when it’s bedded in.

And regarding this:

This is a huge attraction with a massive number of items to be maintained, cleaned, monitored, etc. Once the ride is cleared via a 72 hour operation and the DOSH inspection, the ride will be transitioned to Operations. Every single detail to do with the ride must be learned, and trained, by a vast number of cast members within extremely varied fields. Just to give you an idea, this includes animatronic maintenance, sound system care, ride vehicle maintenance, security system checks, A/C schematic training, custodial routines, etc, etc. The ninety days is not for going over how to get a guest into a ride vehicle and then unload them at the end... it's for keeping the ride in show condition every single day for the next decade. And it's not a simple thing to do.
@peter11435 indicated that this seemed high as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Please quote those posters with extensive track records. Anybody in the know can tell you that right now it appears the ride has slipped to October, but could be pushed back as far as December. And what's fun is seeing the information about DOSH, which I already knew, and you still wanting to throw shade in my direction.

All of this is correct. It is one of the reasons that DHS' version is easier to get up and running.

This is a huge attraction with a massive number of items to be maintained, cleaned, monitored, etc. Once the ride is cleared via a 72 hour operation and the DOSH inspection, the ride will be transitioned to Operations. Every single detail to do with the ride must be learned, and trained, by a vast number of cast members within extremely varied fields. Just to give you an idea, this includes animatronic maintenance, sound system care, ride vehicle maintenance, security system checks, A/C schematic training, custodial routines, etc, etc. The ninety days is not for going over how to get a guest into a ride vehicle and then unload them at the end... it's for keeping the ride in show condition every single day for the next decade. And it's not a simple thing to do.
Ok.

And regarding this:

@peter11435 indicated that this seemed high as well.
As of now it could have slipped. I’m hearing a lot of conflicting info this week. I don’t have a definite either way I’m afraid.

EPCOT-O.G.

Thanks to everyone for their insight and two cents! We had some restrictions in scheduling this trip (passes expiring, life, work, etc.) and are sitting tight with our date. It seems there's always going to be something on the horizon* that would justify a delay in the trip. Thanks to ALL for the updates and guesstimations!

*Sadly, not a reopening of HORIZONS, though that is probably another thread in a different sub-forum.

WDW Pro

As of now it could have slipped. I’m hearing a lot of conflicting info this week. I don’t have a definite either way I’m afraid.

It's supposed to be a 90 day training period. I've heard they may try to get it down to a two month period with extended work weeks, but I don't think that decision has been made known if it's decided at all. Until the ride is cleared by DOSH though, it's not close to opening. I don't know what the snafu was, but two weeks ago there was a meeting with engineers specifically, and whatever issue was slowing down development was significantly expensive. I wish I had more info, but it's very tight lipped and stressful over there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's supposed to be a 90 day training period. I've heard they may try to get it down to a two month period with extended work weeks, but I don't think that decision has been made known if it's decided at all. Until the ride is cleared by DOSH though, it's not close to opening. I don't know what the snafu was, but two weeks ago there was a meeting with engineers specifically, and whatever issue was slowing down development was significantly expensive. I wish I had more info, but it's very tight lipped and stressful over there.
This does mesh with something I heard. Pieces are falling into place in my head.

Kman101

The implication is not that it would take 90 days of training to work there but that it will take that long to train enough people to work there. 90 does seem a bit high though. Realistically it shouldn’t take more than 5-7 days of training for an individual to learn the attraction.

But to be fair, we haven't had a ride on the supposed scale and scope of Rise ...

Kman101

It could be 90 days but if I think about it, seems too long. I’m no expert or anything just seems like a super long training time.

But again, if it requires so many castmembers, that's ultimately a LOT of training. I do agree it seems long but as far as we know, Rise is a different breed. Maybe there are more elements involved in the training than a 'normal' attraction? All just speculation of course.

I have to imagine they want it open on both coasts by the holiday season. But I guess there's always unforseen problems that delay opening.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The Skyliner started its CM training 10 days ago. That would mean the Skyliner will open around July 25th. Assuming it also takes 30 days max to train a few hundred CM's to run the Resistance ride.
Well, except in the case of the skyliner, there's still construction going on.

RobotWolf

Back when Thunder opened at the MK in a time when CMs barely knew what a computer was, training took the entire operations crew less than half of the month they were given.

EPCOT-O.G.

Not sure how this affects the timetable for DL or DHS opening...

Attachments

• 800F8941-2F3C-49F8-B2E6-5EE26DF9E873.jpeg
    800F8941-2F3C-49F8-B2E6-5EE26DF9E873.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 116

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom