American Adventure Issues

FettFan

The thing that makes me angry is that used to be included in the "Behind the Scenes Tour". I paid good money because I wanted to see that. When I made the reservations it was still working that way. The tour went in the back door and went along side the grid that holds them all and they were supposed to do the morning, before the performance, run through and the tour was going to be able to watch it. When we got down there, we were told that part of the tour no longer existed because some clever person jumped the retaining wall the day before, and was wondering around in the show sections (hopefully, it wasn't you Martin 🤔🙂). So, I'm guessing the lawyers decided that the solution to that problem was just don't offer it anymore. If it wasn't for the fact that the tour guide CM was cute as anything, and somewhat of a flirt, I would have complained and asked for my money back. But, I remained quiet even through the wardrobe design and creation part that was as interesting to me as watching a pimple form. Actually the tour was quite good, in spite of my lack of costuming interest, but, I can't deny that I was completely bummed out by what happened. That occurred in the early two thousands, 2002 or 2003, I think.

As much as I dislike frivolous complaints, in this case, I think you'd be justified in talking to management, and getting some portion of the tour price refunded.
You paid for a complete experience, but were only allowed to have a truncated version of it thanks to some other idiots bad behavior.

(hopefully, it wasn't you Martin 🤔🙂)

Might have been Hoot and Chief. They once stayed in Horizons for an 8-hour stretch.
http://mesaverdetimes.blogspot.com/

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The thing that makes me angry is that used to be included in the "Behind the Scenes Tour". I paid good money because I wanted to see that. When I made the reservations it was still working that way. The tour went in the back door and went along side the grid that holds them all and they were supposed to do the morning, before the performance, run through and the tour was going to be able to watch it. When we got down there, we were told that part of the tour no longer existed because some clever person jumped the retaining wall the day before, and was wondering around in the show sections (hopefully, it wasn't you Martin 🤔🙂). So, I'm guessing the lawyers decided that the solution to that problem was just don't offer it anymore. If it wasn't for the fact that the tour guide CM was cute as anything, and somewhat of a flirt, I would have complained and asked for my money back. But, I remained quiet even through the wardrobe design and creation part that was as interesting to me as watching a pimple form. Actually the tour was quite good, in spite of my lack of costuming interest, but, I can't deny that I was completely bummed out by what happened. That occurred in the early two thousands, 2002 or 2003, I think.
Did you get a photo of the tour guide by chance ? ;)

Goofyernmost

As much as I dislike frivolous complaints, in this case, I think you'd be justified in talking to management, and getting some portion of the tour price refunded.
You paid for a complete experience, but were only allowed to have a truncated version of it thanks to some other idiots bad behavior.
It's a little late now. That was 17 years ago. I think my receipt is lost. I don't beleive anyone was refunded then or since then so I'm thinking it would be an uphill fight. 🤐

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
To my knowledge, that is still possible, but it depends on your guide. As recently as a couple months ago, someone I know did it and said they saw underneath during a show.

I think it’s even still marketed as a point of interest.

Goofyernmost

To my knowledge, that is still possible, but it depends on your guide. As recently as a couple months ago, someone I know did it and said they saw underneath during a show.

I think it’s even still marketed as a point of interest.
We went underneath and saw the still sets, but, what had been happening in the past was they did the dry run before the guests arrive to make sure everything was functioning to some acceptable degree and the tour was timed to witness it. That was what I wanted to see. How it operated from beginning to end was what I wanted to see. If that is what they do now, I would sure like to know that. Remember that it was over 15 years ago that this happened, but, I never heard anything relating to them allowing it again. Sure would be nice if the did.

Castle Cake Apologist

Sadly, it's been this way for a loooong time now. Here's a thread from January:

For reference, here's a recent video showing all the issues the show currently has. The lifts are laughably slow in a couple scenes, next to no smoke effects, no Jane, messed up animatronics in a couple scenes, etc...

It's sad, really. Even in eras of abysmal maintenance, AA was usually kept in fantastic shape.

Last edited:

UofMGuy423

I was there at the beginning of March and noticed the gas station lifting very slowly with dialogue already going before the characters' heads were above the stage.

pax_65

I hate to be negative but this is one of those things that Disney has been slow to fix in recent years because there's "no return on investment". It's probably not going to significantly affect attendance in the attraction - and many first-timers probably won't notice or just aren't aware that something (someone?) is missing. Gone are the days when they'd promptly close an attraction to fix "bad show" for maintenance issues like this because it wasn't up to Disney's standards. Just the way it is these days... :(

VicariousCorpse

Jane wasn't there on the multiple shows I saw on Nov. 19th. Gas station seemed to rise fine, but the two booths on the ends of the 1876 exhibition took a while to fully rise.

Last edited:

OSX

Not to worry, I'm sure they'll gut it for a Dr. Strange thrill ride with an extended gift shop.
It'll be the perfect compliment to the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Dance Party at the American Gardens Theater.
Stephen Strange visited Epcot as a kid

Disone

This show is currently in the worst condition it has ever been. Lights out, multiple animated functions inoperative, smoke effects missing, Will Rogers completely dead, side curtains broken, center sets slow to rise, Jane missing again, and the final Statue of a Liberty set not rising to show level.
Wow. :(

castlecake2.0

This show is currently in the worst condition it has ever been. Lights out, multiple animated functions inoperative, smoke effects missing, Will Rogers completely dead, side curtains broken, center sets slow to rise, Jane missing again, and the final Statue of a Liberty set not rising to show level.
Might as well close it down and make it food and wine seating

Figments Friend

This is concerning.
Hope this will be resolved soon.

I'm coming to town for the 50th, and 'The American Adventure' is one of my favorite Attractions.

-

UNCgolf

That's embarrassing, and it's completely unacceptable that they're willing to let it run in this condition.

If they can't fix it after hours, it should be closed for however long it takes to get the show quality back to where it should be.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom