Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Some of the colour differences between Orlando and Anaheim and down to and I know this will sound crazy the difference in the light each one gets, Imagineers found that painting something one colour in Anaheim would look totally different when they brought the same piece down to Orlando so things need to be painted accordingly.

raymusiccity

Totally agree. Of all the blunders Disney has made in their mishandling of the Star Wars franchise, one of the more surprising has been their myopic approach to merchandising. Just think of the in-park and in-store merchandising tie-ins had Disney included Luke's New Jedi Order in the ST (something a lot of fans wanted to see). Not that merchandising needs should influence movie storytelling, but this is Star Wars after all (*ahem* Jar Jar, Ewoks, etc.).

They could have housed the lightsaber building experience in a fully realized Jedi Academy, which would have provided ample space for saber making. They could have sold robes, holcrons - all in one place! It could have been Disney Hogwarts. The checks write themselves!!
They know what they're doing !
Homerimages.jpg

Sky

This also plays into light and shadow play. The lands are oriented differently. Anaheim has the majority of buildings with southern exposure and in Orlando the land is flipped, so the sun will rise over the RotR forest where it sets over the same in Anaheim. Pictures of the same elements and buildings will look different.

This will also be interesting to see how the map turns out. All of the buildings in DHS’s GE face away from the viewer.

Last edited:

Epcot_Imagineer

A question to anyone who knows, any progress on DHS' sight lines? Martin had said something in the past about how options were being mulled over, just wondering what progress has been made. Got reminded to ask this question when I saw images of the show buildings facing SW:GE being painted grey.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m really hoping WDW management does a complete 180 and makes sure the cast is 100% on board and hires equity performers to make the land alive. Would love to see our favorite wdw equity performers taking on characters at the garage, droid area, x-wing, falcon, and the forest area. That combined with the storm troopers marching around and quality cm’s would drastically fix the vibe of the land.

WDW Pro

Whose to say there are not expansions still in the works ???

They're not doing any major expansions that will increase the footprint of the park and the capacity for a long, long time. Star Wars was the big chance, but the powers that be decided not to spend the 200 million extra it would have costed to keep Streets of America and do the fully-realized Pixar Place that was once an option. You can actually still see a few remnants from the old plans that were left over when the decision was made to shrink the size of the expansion... behind Muppets you'll find a pointless Star Wars gate that goes to nowhere. Once upon a time that would have been the middle entrance/exit to Star Wars: GE, but with it being shifted to replacing Streets of America, that gate just sits there as one of the few reminders of what could have been. Maybe sometime next week I could make a post and draw out what the early expansion concepts looked like.

phillip9698

You probably won't be wrong. Disney messed this up bad from a logistics standpoint by closing attractions instead of adding. There is no reason great movie ride couldn't have stayed open and Mickey gets his own building. At least at Disneyland the rest of the park is fantastic if star wars is unbearable. Not so much at the studios.

When you say there was no reason GMR couldn't remain what you really mean is no reason you will accept. That ride needed a complete gut job akin to building an entire new attraction.

erasure fan1

When you say there was no reason GMR couldn't remain what you really mean is no reason you will accept. That ride needed a complete gut job akin to building an entire new attraction.
No, what I mean is there is no reason it couldn't have stayed open. I don't care how much work it needed. The studios is grossly lacking rides. To each their own, but updating the ride with new movies, wouldn't have been that tough. They spent 70bil on fox and that could have been a great showcase for some of those properties that would never be used otherwise. You are right, there is no reason I will accept because there is no reason that's isn't moronic.

eddie104

They're not doing any major expansions that will increase the footprint of the park and the capacity for a long, long time. Star Wars was the big chance, but the powers that be decided not to spend the 200 million extra it would have costed to keep Streets of America and do the fully-realized Pixar Place that was once an option. You can actually still see a few remnants from the old plans that were left over when the decision was made to shrink the size of the expansion... behind Muppets you'll find a pointless Star Wars gate that goes to nowhere. Once upon a time that would have been the middle entrance/exit to Star Wars: GE, but with it being shifted to replacing Streets of America, that gate just sits there as one of the few reminders of what could have been. Maybe sometime next week I could make a post and draw out what the early expansion concepts looked like.
Not that I don’t believe you but we have no idea what their planning in the next 10 years. Unless you work at Disney how are you sure that expansion is stalled at the park ???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom