News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Rider

Today

DEF3777F-B17C-4494-A133-984573B06FA6.jpeg
AE158C8F-E7D6-46F1-8800-13E71F17494B.jpeg
9487676A-75D3-4A66-B752-DE0D6466CEDC.jpeg
239C3E9C-9DC5-41C6-B336-1CED0D6A31E9.jpeg

HauntedMansionFLA

The fountain is definitely a huge loss. I'll miss it a lot. I really enjoyed it. I guess they think the fountain in front is enough? And I know there will be a "water trail"(?) and I guess there's still some hope for a fountain somewhere, unless that's been said flat out they aren't doing one somewhere else. Losing the fountain for festival space is disappointing, to say the least (isn't it believed the point of the green space/beer garden is for festival booths in the center of Future World? Because heaven forbid guests have to walk to World Showcase to "begin" the festival. I can't believe that's an actual "problem" this is addressing! lol). I'm all for more green but not at the expense of the fountain. They have plenty of spots they could have put festival stuff (which they already began doing ... they could have reused Innoventions as a festival marketplace with smaller booths - in air conditioning; they act like guest "comfort" is a priority but it doesn't seem to be). They could make up for it if they added fountains to the water in the walkway to World Showcase and did a "show" there. They do show something like that in the blue sky/old concept art. Unless I'm wrong in what they were showing.
Insiders have indicated that there will be another water feature. Photo credit to @MisterPenguin
43BCD7FC-A97A-4592-B7B5-F850F56E62A5.png

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If the fountain had been located in the center of the plaza instead if at the narrowest point, it probably would have been fine...
Well maybe a new water feature will bring a newly upgraded, new technology show package with it...

Agreed, my only problem with the fountain is its location. Its offset to the south of the East-West and forces people to pass through one or the other constrictions when exiting the world showcase slowing down foot traffic. The stage was an attempt to place a central focus like the forecourt stage in Magic Kingdom, the only problem with that is that its never in use for most of the year.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So the Fountain of Nations is being replaced by a beer garden..
Seriously, how does this stuff get approved? I mean the above sentence sounds like it would be included in an April fools parody on another Disney fan website.

There is a very complex formula that is used to determine if this sort of business decision is a good idea or not, it looks like this:

$ Made by Beer Garden > $ Made by fountain

Kman101

Insiders have indicated that there will be another water feature. Photo credit to @MisterPenguin
View attachment 386629

Isn't that the "Water Trail" though? Whatever that means? If it's just a new fountain, great. Maybe they could put one where the exit building for SSE is? I guess that's if they get rid of the building but I imagine they want a new entrance/exit for SSE.

Will be really nice to hopefully get some full clarity at D23.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Isn't that the "Water Trail" though? Whatever that means? If it's just a new fountain, great. Maybe they could put one where the exit building for SSE is? I guess that's if they get rid of the building but I imagine they want a new entrance/exit for SSE.

Will be really nice to hopefully get some full clarity at D23.

Such a spread out water feature could be stunning. Or a disaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom