What did you do?

Texas84

8 uneventful miles outdoors early Saturday morning. Then out of nowhere, pain that got increasingly worse and worse in the outer part of the top of my foot in the evening until I was completely unable to walk on it! Stress fracture???? I elevated and iced it and it felt better the next day and today, but I plan to try to run on it tomorrow and am fearful of what will happen. I'm praying it was some flukey weird thing that won't happen again. But it was awfully severe to be nothing so I'm not overly optimistic. Anyone have any experience with this?
About mile 11 of a half, ran up a hill and my knee almost went out. Fairly painful. Limped to the finish line and it eventually went back to normal and hasn't happened again. I did take my usual week off after a race though.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
3.7 miles tonight in 82 degree weather; in fact, I really should say that I bailed after 3.7 miles tonight - the group I was running with continued - from what I understand after I bailed on them they decided to take the shorter route back to the starting point but the one that goes up and over the old town. When I heard that, I was not at all mad at myself for calling it quits 😉

Texas84

Still in maintenance mode. I'll bump it up next month for W&D.
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 2.5 mile run
Wednesday - Core
Thursday - 2.5 mile run
Friday - rest
Saturday - 4 mile run (hills)
Sunday - core

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom