The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

Quick rant:

I am a goth, more specifically corp goth. Yes, I wear black all the time. Dyed my blonde hair black (facial piercings/tattoos/work in a cubicle) and am an introvert and get seriously zoned out at work, so I really don't socialize...at all.

Ya know what gets to me is when people comment that I am quiet. I have heard that all my life. Know why I am quiet is because I don't really have anything to say 95% of the time.:arghh:

Grrrr. I type text more than I will every say in my lifetime. :hilarious:

That is all. I needed to vent because that just happened.

Also, this forum has saved my sanity during slow days here.:cautious:
I much prefer a quiet person than a loud know it all.

12in12

Old habits die hard. Your dad isn't alone! :D Actually, the only reason I haven't used an online payment feature is because I like to be in charge of my account. The utilities here allow online payments, but you need to set up a specific date each month, for when they can automatically pull the money from your account. I just don't like giving them my account access, and also, I never know if something unexpected comes up -- and maybe I'd pay the utility the following week, instead of this agreed upon date every month.

But we're all different, and online banking works well for many others.
I never thought about not having direct debit. It gives me peace of mind knowing all my bills will be paid on time and taken out the day after I get paid. The bills are the same each month except the water bill which is calculated every 3 months but I get an email from the water company telling me how much will be taken out of my account a few days before hand.
I do have my banking apps on my phone and check my accounts very regularly to make sure all is in order.

Last edited:

12in12

I just want to say to all the parents here, my hat's off to you.
I am genuinely exhausted looking after my brother's kids.
My brother and his wife don't have help around where they live so I've tried to give them a break by taking care of the kids but it's just none stop. I've read half a book in a week's time while normally I read a book a day on holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids and enjoy getting to spend time with them but the youngest ones have so much energy they never sit still and the teenager just rolls his eyes at 99% of what I'm saying. I'm seriously baffled how so many kids make it to adulthood... ;)

Last edited:

12in12

For lunch we went to an American diner.
The teenager was happy since he hasn't been enjoying the Asian food.
There where chicken and waffles.IMG_20190629_123612.jpg

Hotdog with fries.
IMG_20190629_122939.jpg

We also ordered onion rings, calamari rings, popcorn chicken and cheese quesadilla but everyone was so hungry I couldn't get pictures before they started eating it all.
IMG_20190629_122918.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

We have less than a month of a break from sports, coach also said we are going to start practice mid July instead of early August (T will be on vacay and miss at least two practices, I didn’t expect the early start).

We still haven’t been to Kings Island, and it looks like another wasted year of paying for platinum passes, we’ll be lucky if we even make it to Cedar Point one time.

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that our many last minute outings and our many fun spur of the moment out of town weekends days are gone. :(
He loves sports, and I can’t quit my job, so it is what it is.
So where are you going on vacation?

MySmallWorldof4

Had a team meeting for soccer last night, our coach was let go, now we have a new one.

I feel bad but am ok with it to an extent. T is upset. He’s like “can we just get one coach and stick with them??” This is our 3rd coaching change in 3 years. The kids will develop better if they stay with one coach, hopefully this is the last.

Also, we have 2 in-town tourney during the Fall, and two out of town tourneys in October. These are going to keep increasing with age. I need to prepare myself.lol

Lastly, our new coach wants us to compete in a 3v3 series of tournaments, with Disney World being the last one. I said no. T and I both love 3v3.. BUT..
I have ZERO interest in going to Disney for a soccer tournament at this age. Maybe later on.
I am happy that our gym has decided against trying to qualify for the cheerleading final competition at Disney. So expensive.

MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4

I just want to say to all the parents here, my hat's off to you.
I am genuinely exhausted looking after my brother's kids.
My brother and his wife don't have help around where they live so I've tried to give them a break by taking care of the kids but it's just none stop. I've read half a book in a week's time while normally I read a book a day on holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids and enjoy getting to spend time with them but the youngest ones have so much energy they never sit still and the teenager just rolls his eyes at 99% of what I'm saying. I'm seriously baffled how so many kids make it to adulthood... ;)
Yep, not easy, but since we start with them from day one it is easier then just being “thrown to the lions. “ ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom