The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@
Yep, so much stress expressed by either Guests who are currently planning trips, or those who have been there recently...what kinda’ “vacation” is that...? :cyclops:
WHO?....I don’t know which of us you are referring to? Or all of us that have visited Disney in the last year or so.

I’m watching Amy and Brads trip. Starwarsgirl trip to Disney Hawaii. I must be missing their stress. They are not having nice vacations? Color me confused. We’ve done 3 trips this year and had a blast. 2 to go. Who are all of those that are so miserable members recently at Disney properties and all stressed out to raise the question of what kinda’ vacation is that snid remarks? Why the constant digs?

Just maybe it is OK for you to love cruising and for the vast majority of us to love Disney on this thread without the constant pooping of what kind of vacation judgement.

Gabe1

Hawaii was actually more stressful than WDW. Packing in the days leading up was stressful just trying to remember stuff that I don't normally take to WDW. And then there was the much longer travel time, plus I wasn't using BWI, my preferred airport, I was using Washington Dulles...just a lot of stress all around. And then in Hawaii you have to be more conscious because it is a place where people live, not just a vacation destination, so there is crime. Some teenagers in Honolulu almost tried to steal my backpack, but my dad saw what was going on and chased them off. While it's good to be vigilant, you definitely don't have much of that going on in WDW, and there's so many cameras around that anyone trying it wouldn't get very far. And even in Anaheim, walking across the street alone at night, I felt totally safe.

WDW I don't find stressful at all. Sure, some trips are better than others, but none of them are ever not fun. Plus for me it's super familiar. I could navigate MK blindfolded practically. Though I doubt this would be a very good idea.

It was a good trip. Probably will post some pictures at least on here. IDK if I'll have time for a trip report. Work has been crazy and we have the bathroom renovations going on.
Blurg. Crime is everywhere. I’ve been watching the dead American vacationers in the DR. Awful, talk about stress on a family. My Sis had her passport stolen in Mexico and couldn’t leave. 4 days to be able to get back. Travel by airports is always a roll of the dice. We became TSA precheck to make things more smooth. It has helped. LAST May it took 3 days to get home because of tropical storms. I can roll with it.

Like you I can along with my kids do WDW blindfolded. It is our HAPPY PLACE. It is always a WELCOME HOME arrival. Never regrets. I’m so looking forward to our next trip. Our one after that will be to celebrate my DD graduating Grad School. So many life moments celebrated at WDW. While DL was my first Park WDW will likely always be my WELCOME HOME.

Gabe1

We don't have twist ties at all on our bread here. We have the plastic thingies everyone on here seems to hate, but that I prefer over the OTHER kind we have:
View attachment 384845

These wrap around the twisted part of the bag, but you can never get them to close tightly after you've opened them, and they are really sharp at the edges, so you have to be careful. I'll take the plastic square with the opening any day over these.
Well treat yourself woman when you are stateside. Not like they’ll take suitcase space.

Figgy1

Premium Member

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm a veteran and currently am embarrassed by what is happening here in our country. I don't owe pride or respect to anything or anybody until they or it gives me reason to do so. When I enlisted in the service I took a vow to protect and defend the constitution. It seem like I am the only one that cares anymore.

Plenty of people care; you're far from the only one who cares.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, so much stress expressed by either Guests who are currently planning trips, or those who have been there recently...what kinda’ “vacation” is that...? :cyclops:

I think the planning aspect is great for people who love to plan details. So I have nothing against that. We're all different.

Now, for peeps like me that prefer to just "go with the flow" and have no set schedule for vacation, I ignore the pre-trip planning. I tend to follow the Mr. Magoo approach -- walking under ladders, with a paint bucket falling and just missing my head by an inch. Works for me! :D

12in12

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom