News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Kman101

I don’t appreciate your logic. 😉

But in all seriousness one may notice my lack of posting recently. It’s mostly due to the umm...over passionate folks around here lately.

Same for me. I’ve been taking a break because I can’t keep rehashing the same arguments or I’d go nuts. I popped in for the Epcot news. And the reaction at first was better than I expected but the usual suspects come in ... anyway ...

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think people on both sides of the FP argument are missing the point each other is trying to make ... listen to each other instead of trying to be right ...
I don't have any argument with those who don't like FP for a variety of reasons. What someone likes or doesn't like is subjective and a matter of personal preference. I happen to like FP. I was there last week, which was a very crowded week. With FP and just knowing how the parks work, I went on everything I wanted, and the longest I waited for anything was about 30 minutes, and for most attractions I waited about 10-15 minutes. So for me, I love FP (although there are some aspects I dislike). But I completely get those who don't like it, and have no argument with that.

What I have a beef with is the assertion that FP has made standby times longer. That's demonstrably false. It may feel longer to some because it doesn't move as much, but the actual wait times for the most part for any given attraction were roughly the same before and after FP+ once you take attendance increases into account. There are exceptions - some attractions saw increases, some decreases. But as a whole, wait times were unchanged.

Like I said, feel free to have a different opinion than me on whether FP is good or not, but don't make up facts support your opinion. (Not saying you did, specifically, speaking more in the general sense ...).

IMDREW

I don't have any argument with those who don't like FP for a variety of reasons. What someone likes or doesn't like is subjective and a matter of personal preference. I happen to like FP. I was there last week, which was a very crowded week. With FP and just knowing how the parks work, I went on everything I wanted, and the longest I waited for anything was about 30 minutes, and for most attractions I waited about 10-15 minutes. So for me, I love FP (although there are some aspects I dislike). But I completely get those who don't like it, and have no argument with that.

What I have a beef with is the assertion that FP has made standby times longer. That's demonstrably false. It may feel longer to some because it doesn't move as much, but the actual wait times for the most part for any given attraction were roughly the same before and after FP+ once you take attendance increases into account. There are exceptions - some attractions saw increases, some decreases. But as a whole, wait times were unchanged.

Like I said, feel free to have a different opinion than me on whether FP is good or not, but don't make up facts support your opinion. (Not saying you did, specifically, speaking more in the general sense ...).
Of course it’s nice when you skip a 60+ minute line with a fastpass. And it’s still free, so everyone can use that privilledge at least 3 times a day.

I think we can drop the subject. We understand each others point. I think some miss wording from my part started this whole discussion. Again, not intended. Lets get back to Epcot and Future World.

Kman101

But I see it with my own eyes that fastpass DOES slow the standby line down. But to each their own. It’s nothing to do with capacity.

The line is also longer because more people are in the park. When no FP is in play, there can still be, say a 45 minute wait for Big Thunder but it continually moves. I’ve experienced this lol. FP and FP+ have affected the standby line. Both are causes for longer standby line (more people and fastpass). But it feels like a silly disagreement. It’s just my interpretation. Not a big deal in the slightest 😂

Anyway, let’s move on and stay on topic before the forum police start complaining 😂

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
But I see it with my own eyes that fastpass DOES slow the standby line down. But to each their own. It’s nothing to do with capacity.

The line is also longer because more people are in the park. When no FP is in play, there can still be, say a 45 minute wait for Big Thunder but it continually moves. I’ve experienced this lol. FP and FP+ have affected the standby line. Both are causes for longer standby line (more people and fastpass). But it feels like a silly disagreement. It’s just my interpretation. Not a big deal in the slightest 😂

Anyway, let’s move on and stay on topic before the forum police start complaining 😂
I am very tempted to rebut your points here, but I won't. 😀

DreamfinderGuy

Gosh. Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I was reading pages and pages back about the allegedly greenlit core plans. Those are obviously out the window now, right? We're still losing West and not seeing a return to the Innoventions/CommuniCore concept, correct?

peter11435

Gosh. Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I was reading pages and pages back about the allegedly greenlit core plans. Those are obviously out the window now, right? We're still losing West and not seeing a return to the Innoventions/CommuniCore concept, correct?
Still losing west.

DreamfinderGuy

So is the Beer Garden thing legit? I had heard it was another one of 's made up stories, and that the new core they described was only half correct. Still losing what was described but not for that specific replacement

trainplane3

So is the Beer Garden thing legit? I had heard it was another one of *****'s made up stories, and that the new core they described was only half correct. Still losing what was described but not for that specific replacement
Martins take on T Bois article:
The precise shapes and exact locations may be a little off but it’s more or less what you’re getting.
So far as I know, pretty much. Aside from like I said exact location and footprints.

Wait for the rooftop bar.
From this page:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/is-the-end-of-innoventions-near.952567/page-29

HauntedMansionFLA

From I believe @MisterPenguin posted this
35C77545-623C-4FDB-8A93-2D4D9A0E844C.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom