Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

DisneyGigi

It’s completely outdated and corny...offensive if you take things too seriously.

But the reality is it’s fun on occasion...and is a “backwards bridge” to the 20th century that is the essence of Disney.
People think they are “moving forward” with their parks overloading them with pixar and marvel...but you can’t. They were built in a certain space and time and will always be seeded there.

Many of the “Disney classic” attractions are horribly out of date. But people are idiots to be offended by them.

Pirates, tiki room, splash mountain, big thunder, the entirety of the world showcase, the entire princess genre....all windows to the past.

Like the bears, there’s a great value in having the ability to touch that.
I love all classics, I just somehow never got around to this one. Not anything against it, at all. I don’t think things should be replaced. As our kids grew to teens, then adults, it was and is literally the only thing we have never done in 21 years of trips. :-/ Will Make sure to do it this trip. I feel like an AA person or something, admitting that I have never seen it. 😑

jt04

I love all classics, I just somehow never got around to this one. Not anything against it, at all. I don’t think things should be replaced. As our kids grew to teens, then adults, it was and is literally the only thing we have never done in 21 years of trips. :-/ Will Make sure to do it this trip. I feel like an AA person or something, admitting that I have never seen it. 😑

It is definitely a must see once.

Kane88

They don’t know how to add. They just replace
The diamond horseshoe would be a perfect spot for it! I do think it’s time for a new experience for Frontierland, I don’t think it’s gotten a new attraction since 1992 (please correct me if I’m wrong) but replacing the Bears maybe is not the best. I like the show! Plus, My bro and I ran into the Liverlips character on our last trip in March and was pretty fun to interact with him. I’d miss the costume character if they took out the show.

huwar18

The diamond horseshoe would be a perfect spot for it! I do think it’s time for a new experience for Frontierland, I don’t think it’s gotten a new attraction since 1992 (please correct me if I’m wrong) but replacing the Bears maybe is not the best. I like the show! Plus, My bro and I ran into the Liverlips character on our last trip in March and was pretty fun to interact with him. I’d miss the costume character if they took out the show.

I absolutely love the CBJ. It is ony of my favorite experiences at MK. I really enjoy they are sending out the face characters. I have seen some great interactions with Liverlips.

TJJohn12

There are so many other more flexible spaces on the west side of the park that could see a useful, crowd swallowing addition from gutting and replacing. (*cough* HoP *cough*)

I’m in the “Diamond Horseshoe would be the better option for this” camp. I get the tilt toward Toy Story - welcome it as a well themed addition to Frontierland in fact - but rankle at losing capacity (and joyful fun) in a park already feeling a massive crowd pinch.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Here is all that Disney has to do to resolve the situation.
1) They no longer need Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios since they are opening Galaxy's Edge.
2) Tear down Launch Bay and the Little Mermaid theater.
3) Connect that area down the side behind One Man's Dream, etc. That will tie into Toy Story Land.
4) Replace The Hollywood Studios Archway leading into the old Animation Courtyard and replace it with a Monsters University archway and gate.
5) Build the Monsters Inc. coaster where Launch Bay used to stand and then build more Toy Story themed rides including the puppet show thing they want to build in place of CBJ.
6) They can have Sulley and Mike walking around in the Monsters U area, and since they are having a Monsters Inc. show on Disney+ this will be smart for cross marketing.
7) They can also build Al's Toy Barn so it is not in Andy's Backyard, but you pass it on the way.

Just leave CBJ alone and give us something like this.

More Toy Story integration is just sad, narrow-minding thinking on Disney's part. And closing a classic (one ingrained in pop culture) verges on blasphemy. I agree! Toy Story needs to stay in DHS.

I like your expansion ideas for DHS. Now to address MK. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...erty-square-though-disneys-love-of-ip.955685/ (an idea to relocate CBJ, armchair ahead proceed with caution)

Ponderer

There are so many other more flexible spaces on the west side of the park that could see a useful, crowd swallowing addition from gutting and replacing. (*cough* HoP *cough*)

I’m in the “Diamond Horseshoe would be the better option for this” camp. I get the tilt toward Toy Story - welcome it as a well themed addition to Frontierland in fact - but rankle at losing capacity (and joyful fun) in a park already feeling a massive crowd pinch.

The Diamond Horseshoe is a good idea, I have alternate thought if they'd consider moving it - move it to a new spot in Ft. Wilderness near Pioneer Hall. It would bring more guests over (especially with Reflections going up in that area), and sort of bring it back full-circle to Walt's original plans to have an attraction for visitors of the Mineral King Ski Resort. I'm always an advocate for adding special features to the resorts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Diamond Horseshoe is a good idea, I have alternate thought if they'd consider moving it - move it to a new spot in Ft. Wilderness near Pioneer Hall. It would bring more guests over (especially with Reflections going up in that area), and sort of bring it back full-circle to Walt's original plans to have an attraction for visitors of the Mineral King Ski Resort. I'm always an advocate for adding special features to the resorts.
Why would they want to move attractions out of the parks and into places where no admission is charged?

There is literally no reason to consider that if you’re Disney. They neither want nor really need foot traffic into the camp ground

Ponderer

Why would they want to move attractions out of the parks and into places where no admission is charged?

There is literally no reason to consider that if you’re Disney. They neither want nor really need foot traffic into the camp ground

Except that they need to deal with real capacity issues in the parks. And moving something like CBJ - with benefit of any attendant shopping and food options to support more of a destination mindset - helps with that.

DeletedAccount55555

If we can get back to CBJ rumor.

I don't trust anything TC writes, dating back to when he declared in 2015 that Disney was getting the Marvel rights back and Universal was about to tear down Hulk and Doctor Doom's Fear Fall (a story you can still find on his site by the way). And this all seems way too conveniently self-serving for him to be true. On his personal Twitter, he's asking other blogs to "help with the cause" by promoting his new site, SaveTheJamboree.com -- which is collecting people's info for a mailing list and is running some ad trackers, meaning he will financially benefit from traffic to that site.

We should stop taking this seriously. He either made up or exaggerated what an unreliable source told him for his own financial benefit, and with this campaign he's starting, he can later claim "victory" when nothing ever comes of a rumor he started.

brettf22

Premium Member
We should stop taking this seriously. He either made up or exaggerated what an unreliable source told him for his own financial benefit, and with this campaign he's starting, he can later claim "victory" when nothing ever comes of a rumor he started.
In summary, this could end up being a win/win/win situation for Mr. Corless. If this rumor comes to pass, he will ride the “I was right about CBJ” train for a long time. If it doesn’t happen, he can claim his “campaign” worked and that he saved CBJ. And he wins financially by driving clicks and collecting emails.

Whether this is by design or by happenstance is a separate topic for debate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Except that they need to deal with real capacity issues in the parks. And moving something like CBJ - with benefit of any attendant shopping and food options to support more of a destination mindset - helps with that.
Except that doesn’t do it. People aren’t going to country bears at pioneer hall in lieu of magic kingdom

And that would be expense without revenue to Disney - which they absolutely don’t do anymore

And there about to slap a really overpriced DVC/hotel right on top of that spot...so who knows what it will even be then...

I think that’s enough for me to stop now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In summary, this could end up being a win/win/win situation for Mr. Corless. If this rumor comes to pass, he will ride the “I was right about CBJ” train for a long time. If it doesn’t happen, he can claim his “campaign” worked and that he saved CBJ. And he wins financially by driving clicks and collecting emails.

Whether this is by design or by happenstance is a separate topic for debate.
The majority of vloggers, bloggers, podcasters, and sites are scamming for money and will always be. Because they are attempting to profit off rhe wealth and popularity of TWDC instead of finding meaningful purpose.

What’s the best way to do that? It is and has always been to make stuff up. And hawk a travel agency 😎

Tony the Tigger

Winnie the Pooh and Jungle Book seem to be the only two animated films from the 60s, 70s, and 80s that get significant play in the parks. There are occasional nods to the others, which are primarily related to holidays or merchandise, but not much.

Wait until the rest of the live action remakes come out. 😉

mikejs78

Premium Member
If we can get back to CBJ rumor.

I don't trust anything TC writes, dating back to when he declared in 2015 that Disney was getting the Marvel rights back and Universal was about to tear down Hulk and Doctor Doom's Fear Fall (a story you can still find on his site by the way). And this all seems way too conveniently self-serving for him to be true. On his personal Twitter, he's asking other blogs to "help with the cause" by promoting his new site, SaveTheJamboree.com -- which is collecting people's info for a mailing list and is running some ad trackers, meaning he will financially benefit from traffic to that site.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But several people here with good track records have corroborated at least the part about CBJ going away.

DeletedAccount55555

The majority of vloggers, bloggers, podcasters, and sites are scamming for money and will always be. Because they are attempting to profit off rhe wealth and popularity of TWDC instead of finding meaningful purpose.

Painting with far too broad of a brush there. Where's the line for you between "profiting and popularity of Disney" and just providing content people happen to be interested in? Or would you prefer the only information we get about Disney parks come from company press releases?

aladdin2007

Normally, I'd agree with you. But several people here with good track records have corroborated at least the part about CBJ going away.

This,,, I was hoping they would come in and debunk it in full force, and say it would get upgrades and an updated show for the 50th, but sadly its all sounding legit that its on the chopping block. Tiki room is probably next, if it doesnt have fastpass they seem you know what bent on making sure it does. I could see them turning this space into another giant meetngreet, but I am sick of toy story already, I know thats not the majority especially kids. Its just so bad that this park is in dire need of more capacity and yet stitch sits empty with no attraction and just a ghetto paint job. Something has really gone sour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom