News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What is going on here? Disney World is getting an amazing attraction from Shanghai Disneyland and everyone has a complaint. First, the ride exterior is beautiful at night, the ride and vehicle are amazing, the queue is beautiful and the length is acceptable - I never went on it and complained about anything people are making up here. I rode it 4 times in the daytime and night. Let’s get up in arms over real things like the crappy buzz light year ride or the lame stitch encounter. Go!
Some people have different standards.

MickeyMouse10

I think it's a great ride and can't wait for it, but I think it should have went in Epcot. It fits the left section more than Guardians and vice versa for Guardians.

doctornick

Some people’s standard is to be consistently bitter and grumpy. To each their own. 🤷‍♂️
Honestly, I think most of the complaints would be lessened if this weren't the only attraction MK is getting in the near future. If the theater was coming and another ride or two, Tron would be a reasonable addition. But as is, it's not addressing the capacity issue the park has.

Disney Analyst

Honestly, I think most of the complaints would be lessened if this weren't the only attraction MK is getting in the near future. If the theater was coming and another ride or two, Tron would be a reasonable addition. But as is, it's not addressing the capacity issue the park has.

I’d agree if this wasn’t tied into expansion across the entire resort. MK has the least problems. Hopefully they can add even more to MK after this.

lazyboy97o

Its not just failing to address intentionally created capacity issues, but it’s also part of the larger trend of just dropping in attractions without thought for story or design. It was dropped in because it was known and would be marginally cheaper and faster than something actually designed for the park.

GlacierGlacier

I’d agree if this wasn’t tied into expansion across the entire resort. MK has the least problems. Hopefully they can add even more to MK after this.
MK has age problems. The entire park (with NFL as an exception) has had very few show updates for attractions. See how buzz, space, Peter Pan, pirates, and etc. have aged compared to their national/international counterparts. They (at mk) tend to get less love, with few upgrades of technology or show throughout the years. The last real "show" upgrade I can think of at MK is the space mountain queue in what, 2010? Outside of the Pirates side-grade for the redhead.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
MK has age problems. The entire park (with NFL as an exception) has had very few show updates for attractions. See how buzz, space, Peter Pan, pirates, and etc. have aged compared to their national/international counterparts. They (at mk) tend to get less love, with few upgrades of technology or show throughout the years. The last real "show" upgrade I can think of at MK is the space mountain queue in what, 2010? Outside of the Pirates side-grade for the redhead.

Yep. An over-simplified explanation of TDO's general philiosophy - Can't have attractions down for Johnny and Susie's once-in-a-lifetime vacation, unless it's dangerous to operate, because refurbs cost money.

Disney Analyst

Oh I totally agree, but that is a different beast to needing more attractions (which it does)... But with upgraded fireworks, a newer parade, New Fantasyland, and now Tron... MK has gotten far more love then the other parks, up until Pandora and now Star Wars. I'm just saying, they are clearly working on a resort wide expansion for the 50th, and then I assume they'll start looking at park by park again.

lazyboy97o

Oh I totally agree, but that is a different beast to needing more attractions (which it does)... But with upgraded fireworks, a newer parade, New Fantasyland, and now Tron... MK has gotten far more love then the other parks, up until Pandora and now Star Wars. I'm just saying, they are clearly working on a resort wide expansion for the 50th, and then I assume they'll start looking at park by park again.
Disney ran out of ideas on how to not build attractions and panicked. There was no overarching strategy.

N2dru

I agree if the theater was coming it would definitely help with park capacity. Still not sure why it was cancelled. The MK needs a huge theater for shows in my opinion.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I agree if the theater was coming it would definitely help with park capacity. Still not sure why it was canceled. The MK needs a huge theater for shows in my opinion.
The theater definitely would have been a nice little way to help with capacity, but it was another massive box just dropped down out back and attached with a pathway.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Counterpoint, the ride would be even shorter without those breaks lol
Block BRAKES...

Block BREAKs...

Monorail_Red_77

Also Peter Pan stand-by queue mini-grade with the Tinker Bell projections, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom