Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

kevlightyear

*Potential Spoilers from Play Disney Parks App*

After some more digging, I've found evidence of the kind of interactions you can have in and around the land. There will be 'missions' available for you to go on separate from (but possibly related to) the ride missions themselves.

Some possible mission titles:
  • Prove Your Worth
  • Dianoga Mission
  • Mynock Mission
  • Brainworm Mission
  • Ollopom Mission
  • Discover the Threat
  • Find the Ship
  • Find the Master Mechanic
  • OTS Training
From the looks of it, you will be 'chatting' with a contact for these missions. They involve multiple steps each. You can make decisions to follow their advice or sabotage the missions. That will affect future missions. Some missions come with rewards (in the form of money, somehow).

Note that this is from a pre-release version, so there's no guarantee it will make it to the shipped version.

CinematicFusion

From another site... Broad General Review

One word: Incredible.
Other accolades apply, of course; amazing, authentic, transformative, detailed, inspired. They all amount to the same thing. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be––no, is incredible.
In a mere handful of days, Disney’s eagerly-awaited new land will be opening inside Disneyland Park. Early unveiling has commenced for the few and fortunate. Cast Members and their invited guests can now explore much of Batuu and test ride the one available attraction: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
Just seeing it is an experience. Following the incredibly creative example of Cars Land, and more recently, Pandora, the new Star Wars scene positively transports you to a movie set far, far away. The level of detail and authenticity drag you into another galaxy. The sights, sounds, and eventually the smells… most guests will never realize that the entire area was once––up until very recently––a backstage maintenance facility.
The attraction itself simply adds to the feeling. Guests wind their way through a convincingly fashioned spaceport for a time until making their way, undeniably, onto the decks of a perfectly-reconstructed Millennium Falcon. True to the brand, the queue is part of the adventure, which is fortunate, as guests will be spending a fair amount of time in it. The queue is insanely detailed, think Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom detailed.
It takes a while to get from the head of the line into a seat on the ride. Part of that is intentional. There are several pre-show segments, and a number of hallways and flight decks. Then, there is the fact the entire area is going to be beset by more humans that can practically fit into any limited space, despite what Disney hopes to alleviate with the novel reservation system.
Once in the captain’s chair, the sense of nostalgia is almost overwhelming. The rumors and fleeting online glimpses are true. The ride itself takes place within a true-to-life Millennium Falcon flight simulator.
Veteran Walt Disney World guests will immediately recognize similarities with the much-beloved Star Tours. I’d say the two experiences are parallel in terms of thrill level. While many would liken this to Epcot’s Mission: SPACE attraction due to flashing interactivity and scripted expectations, you really are in full control of your flight experience with the Falcon. That being said, if you incur damage on your journey, you will see it… and feel it.
Six guests at a time enter the legendary Millennium Falcon cockpit, adopting one of three roles: pilot, gunner, and engineer, and are then arranged into two rows, accordingly. The assignment is not strictly nominal. Should you choose to––and you ought––each flier has a series of duties to fulfill. The captain has certain flight responsibilities, gunners get to shoot at potential targets, while engineers are charged with fixing damage wrought by the actions of the others.
All the while, beyond the segmented flight screen, a dramatic galactic adventure unfolds. It can be difficult to focus upon and properly appreciate the space age creativity, what with all the button pressing and piloting going on. Try to balance your responsibilities with the available passive enjoyment, or you may come to the end feeling as though you have missed something. For those who want a more hands-off experience, there are autopilot buttons in the cockpit. You have the option of just setting them and simply enjoying the ride.
Smugglers Run fulfills a lifelong dream for many to pilot the Millennium Falcon, and the level of detail is above all that has preceded it. This, combined with the variations in each ride, will make this a highly repeatable experience for guests… despite the fact that it’s really just the world’s largest arcade gaming cockpit.
You can always ride Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run again, and you should. Who knows, though, when you’ll get that next opportunity.

Last edited:

CinematicFusion

She has been there... another review....possible spoilers I'm sure.

1. Cantina was too packed and she couldn't get in....I"m sure will be a common occurrence.
2. She was upset at her Falcon pilot for crashing into everything... everyone lost credits.
3. She loved the ride.... Walk up to Falcon takes your breath away. It's amazing.
4. Blue Milk taste like a blue flavored push-up or push-pop...whatever they are called.
5. Ronto Wrap is not bad...she liked it.
6. Resistance Troopers, Chewie, Kylo Ren walks around and interacts with you.
7. Light Sabers are really cool. Priced from 100-200
8. One of the coolest things is the sounds you hear....very immersive.
9. She didn't build a robot or lightsaber.
10. Only land she has been to where she felt completely immersed.
11. Cast members where all on point and in character.

Last edited:

sedati

*Potential Spoilers from Play Disney Parks App*

After some more digging, I've found evidence of the kind of interactions you can have in and around the land. There will be 'missions' available for you to go on separate from (but possibly related to) the ride missions themselves.

Some possible mission titles:
  • Prove Your Worth
  • Dianoga Mission
  • Mynock Mission
  • Brainworm Mission
  • Ollopom Mission
  • Discover the Threat
  • Find the Ship
  • Find the Master Mechanic
  • OTS Training
From the looks of it, you will be 'chatting' with a contact for these missions. They involve multiple steps each. You can make decisions to follow their advice or sabotage the missions. That will affect future missions. Some missions come with rewards (in the form of money, somehow).

Note that this is from a pre-release version, so there's no guarantee it will make it to the shipped version.
Thanks kevlightyear- we've had insiders and sleuths, but I think you might be our first hacker.

Brainworm- I remember that episode of Clone Wars:

Never heard of Ollopom before:

Anyone who doesn't know what Dianogas or Mynocks are doesn't deserve to see this land before me.

kevlightyear

Thanks kevlightyear- we've had insiders and sleuths, but I think you might be our first hacker.

Anyone who doesn't know what Dianogas or Mynocks are doesn't deserve to see this land before me.

I'll admit, I have no idea what those are. I haven't even seen all the movies. I just enjoy the hunt.

TP2000

Kinda disappointed that they did not do a better job of incorporating these into a structure or onto a roof. Kinda takes away from the ambiance!

View attachment 374300

Don't worry, Disneyland CM's have explained on Twitter that those are temporary lighting rigs installed for the barage of media events that will begin this weekend and run through the following week. The lighting rigs will culminate in the Dedication Ceremony on May 29th, live streamed on the Internet. They will be removed on May 30th, along with other lighting and pre-opening equipment, as the land is "reset" for its May 31st official Grand Opening to the public.

The Dedication Ceremony is the evening of May 29th, as announced today by Disneyland here....

CinematicFusion

Want an incredible spoiler-free sneak peak of Galaxy’s Edge?? Skywalker Jeff Long takes us on his journey through the Black Spire Outpost in Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland. Thanks to his Cast Member daughter, he was able to attend the very first Galaxy’s Edge Cast Member Preview Day! Do you want to know the prices of those Build-Your-Own-Lightsabers? Do you want a tease of how awesome Smuggler’s Run with the Millenium Falcon is?? How about just a sense of the Land? This is it. A Spoiler-Free Review that only entices you more. After listening to Jeff for nearly an hour, WE CAN’T WAIT!

sponono88

Man...this guy hated the place. He was not a fan.

Hm I don't agree with a lot of what he says but some of his points are valid I guess. For example, a portion of the queue for Smuggler's run is indeed very narrow and enclosed. It's also very long. I don't have a problem with enclosed spaces so it didn't bother me, but the group behind me did mention they were feeling claustrophobic. This was in the hallway just before the chess room.

Also, I don't imagine this land will be any worse than Cars Land or Toon Town with regard to the summer heat. Unlike the rides in Cars Land, the majority of the queue for Smuggler's run is inside (save for the beginning where the line takes you behind the falcon ship).

I think they could've done a better job with the queue for Oga's cantina, however. The queue is fully outdoors with no shade at all. I don't know if they'll bring in umbrellas once the land opens to the public... but with a 1.5 hour wait when I visited -longer than the wait for SR- I hope they will have something to make the wait more comfortable. The line pretty much zigzags outside on the walkway right outside the door to the cantina.

CinematicFusion

Millennium-Falcon-Smugglers-Run_Full_35274.jpg

Early reviews for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge

aaronml

I'll admit, I have no idea what those are. I haven't even seen all the movies. I just enjoy the hunt.
When you say looking at source, are you referring to decompiled source code or actual source code? Re: pre-release, are you referring to stuff that is in the current app but not yet enabled (and might only be enabled with a newer version of the app) or an actual version of the app that hasn’t been released yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom