Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

CinematicFusion

Disneyland has started employee previews today, and this morning they took a big group photo of the opening team of Star Wars Land.

Mr. Damaro, the Disneyland President, posted this photo to his Twitter.

Again, this is Disneyland, but it's a great view of how the finished product will look like swarmed with thousands of customers. Just add about 3,000 strollers and 2,000 electric mobility scooters to this photo. :cool:

D7B0tmNUEAARGm9.jpg
That is an awesome pic

peter11435

And just like Last Jedi.... all the fake audience reviews have attacked Game of Thrones Season 8...it’s at 37% in the audience section....has to be bots. Just like Last Jedi. Can’t believe these small vocal minorities in fandom carry so much weight. Again....super tiny small.
It’s amazing...same people. Friends, family, co-workers...blogs and pod casts...all have the same opinion about Last Jedi and season 8 of Thrones. Crazy. Can’t believe they dislike it so much....luckily it’s a very tiny group.

You choose to repeatedly ignore actual surveys and data from reputable agencies that asked actual people that actually watched the film what they actually thought of it.

User reviews where users decide to rate/vote on their own are irrelevant.

sedati

Let me know if you'd like to see more.
I would- great finds!
In addition to the droids revealed before, there's an R4 and R5 astromech, and a "Gonk" power droid. The R4 looks familiar, I'll try and find where it appeared.

*edit* He's actually one of the droids seen in the opening of "A New Hope."

*edit-edit* The orange droid seems to be U9-C4 from the Clone Wars.

All gonk droids look alike, so I've nothing to add on that one. Really nice mix there- we've got two droids from "A New Hope," one from the sequels, and one from the animated series.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
And just like Last Jedi.... all the fake audience reviews have attacked Game of Thrones Season 8...it’s at 37% in the audience section....has to be bots. Just like Last Jedi. Can’t believe these small vocal minorities in fandom carry so much weight. Again....super tiny small.
It’s amazing...same people. Friends, family, co-workers...blogs and pod casts...all have the same opinion about Last Jedi and season 8 of Thrones. Crazy. Can’t believe they dislike it so much....luckily it’s a very tiny group.
Self-selecting internet polls are not statistically accurate. You need to have a controlled poll with proper methodology to accurately measure results, and even then it has a margin of error.. Rotten Tomatoes generates a lot of buzz, but it's user rating is somewhat worthless for a whole host of reasons, chief of which it's not a controlled sample. (For more on the subject, see: https://www.pewresearch.org/2010/12/29/how-accurate-are-online-polls/)

Two ratings that are scientifically conducted polls - ComScore PostTrack and CinemaScore - both give TLJ excellent marks from viewers - PostTrack ended up with 89% satisfaction/5 stars, and CinemaScore gave TLJ an A-.

So, unless you can find a scientifically conducted study or poll that presents evidence to support your contention that TLJ was hated by moviegoers, please move on, and let's get back on topic. Your opinion is yours, you don't have to like it. But let's stop pretending that Rotten Tomatoes means anything when it comes to actual viewer sentiment.

Lensman

User reviews where users decide to rate/vote on their own are irrelevant.
It's not even that. The Rotten Tomatoes user score is simply inconsistent with other similar polls. It's also hard to justify the RT TLJ user score against the TPM and AoTC, so RT user scores for TLJ may not even be self-consistent. I'd like to see their data over time or other divisions by other factors they have visibility into.

That's not to say anything about my feelings on the actual merits if the various movies.

@CinematicFusion, your points of merit on TLJ itself are probably best discussed in a dedicated thread. I'd actually be interested in participating. The moderators probably look down upon continued threadcrapping, though.

CinematicFusion

Self-selecting internet polls are not statistically accurate. You need to have a controlled poll with proper methodology to accurately measure results, and even then it has a margin of error.. Rotten Tomatoes generates a lot of buzz, but it's user rating is somewhat worthless for a whole
Self-selecting internet polls are not statistically accurate. You need to have a controlled poll with proper methodology to accurately measure results, and even then it has a margin of error.. Rotten Tomatoes generates a lot of buzz, but it's user rating is somewhat worthless for a whole host of reasons, chief of which it's not a controlled sample. (For more on the subject, see: https://www.pewresearch.org/2010/12/29/how-accurate-are-online-polls/)

Two ratings that are scientifically conducted polls - ComScore PostTrack and CinemaScore - both give TLJ excellent marks from viewers - PostTrack ended up with 89% satisfaction/5 stars, and CinemaScore gave TLJ an A-.

So, unless you can find a scientifically conducted study or poll that presents evidence to support your contention that TLJ was hated by moviegoers, please move on, and let's get back on topic. Your opinion is yours, you don't have to like it. But let's stop pretending that Rotten Tomatoes means anything when it comes to actual viewer sentiment.

My evidence is looking at public reviews across the internet. On Amazon, Rotten tomatoes, IMBD, the forums on the force.net
I mean IMBD has it as a 7.2....That's terrible. That's a C- is public schools. In private schools its a D.
Force Awakens score is 8.0
Empire is a 8.7
Return of the Jedi is 8.3
Rogue One is 7.8
Revenge of the Sith 7.6
Back to the Future 8.5
Matrix 8.7
Matric Reloaded 7.2....another terrible movie.
Indiana jones and the Temple of doom 7.6
Game of Thrones (season 8).. 7.0 Terrible season.

I mean clearly there is a lot of people out there who don't like that film. That stats back that up.
A 7.2 is a solid C- and a C- is a terrible grade. Again...in private schools a 72 is a D.
To get a grade that low means there is a lot of people out there that don't like that film or at least think it is beyond average.
Stats and facts are there...is what it is.
But we already know this.

CinematicFusion

It's not even that. The Rotten Tomatoes user score is simply inconsistent with other similar polls. It's also hard to justify the RT TLJ user score against the TPM and AoTC, so RT user scores for TLJ may not even be self-consistent. I'd like to see their data over time or other divisions by other factors they have visibility into.

That's not to say anything about my feelings on the actual merits if the various movies.

@CinematicFusion, your points of merit on TLJ itself are probably best discussed in a dedicated thread. I'd actually be interested in participating. The moderators probably look down upon continued threadcrapping, though.
Your right...I won't discuss it anymore. Not the thread for this discussion.
Passionate Star Wars fan at heart....I go overboard sometimes. :)

Anything I've posted about said topic can be removed.

mikejs78

Premium Member
omg can we make it so "TLJ", "The Last Jedi", etc. are banned in here. I JUST WANNA TALK ABOUT THE LAND
So I really like the part where you go through the green houses and view the various food crops... I especially like the ones hanging from the ceiling... There's also this pretty good attraction where you feel like you're hang gliding over various landmarks from around the world.... 😉

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Still, I consider it bad form to *respond* to an off-topic argument and *then* to try to make sure you're the one who gets the last word by saying it is off-topic and that we need to get back to the original topic.

Now, let's get back to Star Wars Land.

This reminds me of the early days of e-mail when someone would 'reply all', then, everyone piles on to explain how that person is wasting everyone's time !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom